[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
OK...Nice to see it's finally out. Some comments:

1. No EnderIO power cables - that will be extremely inconvenient, because there are now no power cables that can coexist with pipes in the same block...
2. IHL - no big loss, not even the rubber sacks, collection was so slow that you'd be better off doing things manually.
3. RF->EU conversion. If 1 RF equals 0.2 EU, 1 EU should be 5 RF. If 1 EU equals 3.6 RF, then 1 RF should be 0,28 EU. Personally, I've always found a conversion rate of 1:4 simple and appropriate.
4. AE2 pure crystals: the autoclave recipes still work, right?
5. Disabled Openblocks fan: do you want to deprive us of all mob trap conveniences? Grr.....
6. TC Node Tracker: Thanks!!! I was about to ask for it!

@DarknessShadow:

It is an odd world where the best way to transfer power over long distances is to throw filled batteries into magic mirrors...:D

1) Issue was raised and discarded a couple weeks ago. :)
2) agreed
3) agreed
4) yes, at least in my instance
5) I didn't know about this, woops? there's other ways to do this though (thaumcraft and probably others)
6) I thought he ignored my request on this, yay :) So, you're welcome.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hmm.....the steep hills from the previous version appear to be completely absent. That's disappointing. I wonder if I get things back the way they were if I add Biomes O'Plenty.

Also, I'm having some odd glitches with specific biomes - always the same types, Lush Redwood and Temperate Rainforest:

bug2.jpg

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Errr. I did something to f*ck up my folder structure. How can I simply re-download the current version?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Errr. I did something to f*ck up my folder structure. How can I simply re-download the current version?
Three easy ways, the first is just delete the Infitech folder in wherever you have FTB keep your packs and it will redownload it. The second is downgrade and then upgrade back to the newest version which will reset it. The third is manually change the version file in the pack folder which will trick it into thinking you've got a different version making it ask if you want to update when you try launching.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Odd I just did a fresh install (was waiting for 3 before I started) and when I go to select a new world I don't see any options for BoP. Did you remove it because in your youtube serious I am pretty sure you are running it there or am I mixing it up with the extrabiome xl?
Yep. I have removed BoP, because.... its overused :D My YT series is quite outdated. Wait for new season (whoops it should have been secret)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
OK...Nice to see it's finally out. Some comments:

1. No EnderIO power cables - that will be extremely inconvenient, because there are now no power cables that can coexist with pipes in the same block...
2. IHL - no big loss, not even the rubber sacks, collection was so slow that you'd be better off doing things manually.
3. RF->EU conversion. If 1 RF equals 0.2 EU, 1 EU should be 5 RF. If 1 EU equals 3.6 RF, then 1 RF should be 0,28 EU. Personally, I've always found a conversion rate of 1:4 simple and appropriate.
4. AE2 pure crystals: the autoclave recipes still work, right?
5. Disabled Openblocks fan: do you want to deprive us of all mob trap conveniences? Grr.....
6. TC Node Tracker: Thanks!!! I was about to ask for it!

@DarknessShadow:

It is an odd world where the best way to transfer power over long distances is to throw filled batteries into magic mirrors...:D
1) That is true. Just lookk at it as necessary evil :D
2) Noone was really using IHL fully, so it was better to let it go
3) No. Reason: Conversion Loss, So you cant really forever convert Eu -> RF -> EU
4) Yes it does :D
5) :p
6) I wanted to add it in one of the v2 versions, but always forgot :D So here you have it in v3

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Three easy ways, the first is just delete the Infitech folder in wherever you have FTB keep your packs and it will redownload it. The second is downgrade and then upgrade back to the newest version which will reset it. The third is manually change the version file in the pack folder which will trick it into thinking you've got a different version making it ask if you want to update when you try launching.
Best is really to delete everything (make backups for texturepacks and other personal tweaks) and just redownload the pack.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Also i think I should add, that if someone doesnt like the change of having RF cables and RF generators disabled, I have made it so you can get them back without any problems. All you need to do is remove in the script folder: zRFsupport.zs. It will bring back RF cables, RF generators and they will still be GTed by previous scripts

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
OK...it appears that terrain does not rise to heights above 127 as it did before. Is there anything I can do to change that? Terrain generally tends to look somewhat boring now. Also, I suggest reducing the weight of those volcanoes. I got two in viewing distance of my spawnpoint in each of the five worlds I've been creating.

Regarding the cables: I actually agree with "unified GT power distribution". It's more a matter of convenience.

Yeti

Jul 29, 2019
Haha....finally got myself up to HV era after about 2 months of mucking about and you go drop V3. Dammit Jason. ;)

Nice that you added Node tracker. I installed it on your V2 and now can't live without it.
When you said Galacticraft recipes are overhauled, is that easier or harder overhaul?
Again, cheers for all the work on this.

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. I have removed BoP, because.... its overused :D My YT series is quite outdated. Wait for new season (whoops it should have been secret)

Ok, I can live with Extrabiomes XL for the over world but I may add BOP back in (and just not use it for the over world type) purely for the nether biomes that it adds. I really like the changes it makes there, otherwise the nether is so bland. Going to be interesting trying to relearn some pack now that they have been "gregified".

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Haha....finally got myself up to HV era after about 2 months of mucking about and you go drop V3. Dammit Jason. ;)

Nice that you added Node tracker. I installed it on your V2 and now can't live without it.
When you said Galacticraft recipes are overhauled, is that easier or harder overhaul?
Again, cheers for all the work on this.
Harder than standard GC in any event.

A lot of it is just greggifying, keeping everything in the same flow and same machines (streamlining)

In some cases its accommodating other changes, such as the fact that many GC recipes used IC2 cables which have been disabled.

Reminder to all: Obviously its cool if you want to add your favorite world gen mods back in, nobody cares :)

BoP probably makes it way easier to find tin too which is a bonus.

Reactions: Yeti

Yeti

Jul 29, 2019
Harder than standard GC in any event.

Yeah, I dunno what I was thinking. No way was it going to be easier! Cool, well I may have to give it a look see after I've finished a few projects I was halfway through in V2.

Or....maybe I'll just wipe all knowledge of my old world from my brain and start afresh.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, I dunno what I was thinking. No way was it going to be easier! Cool, well I may have to give it a look see after I've finished a few projects I was halfway through in V2.

Or....maybe I'll just wipe all knowledge of my old world from my brain and start afresh.
That's certainly my preference, I love starting a new world :)

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I suggest reducing the weight of those volcanoes. I got two in viewing distance of my spawnpoint in each of the five worlds I've been creating.
Yes those volcanos are spawning too often.
I've just created the world and the spawn is ontop of a volcano and the next one it only 500 blocks away

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
As a volcano griper, "Boo volcanoes!" Man, I hate those things.
That being said, you should be able to find the spawning rate configurable in the bluepower.cfg file.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I suggest reducing the weight of those volcanoes. I got two in viewing distance of my spawnpoint in each of the five worlds I've been creating.
Yes those volcanos are spawning too often.
I've just created the world and the spawn is ontop of a volcano and the next one it only 500 blocks away
Are the volcanos actually configurable? I hear tons of griping about them but i dunno if we have the means to adjust it.
The spawnrate was lowered in the version in the pack. So maybe you are just "unlucky" with RNG.
D:volcanoSpawnChance=0.01 so cant go any lower :D

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
No idea why i wasnt able to change it previously. So it seems like it is available to lower even more. Feel free to adjust it. It will be changed in next version