[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Pyure:
The gold acquisition I meant was: if you put crushed chalcopyrite ore with mercury in the chemical bath you have a 70% chance for gold dust. So basically, 0.9 blocks of redstone ore + 0.5 blocks of chalcopyrite ore equals 0.7 gold ingots. I'd say that's a much better source of gold than the really not very frequent gold ore at magnetite veins. Since copper and redstone are things you always need, it would be stupid not to take the gold that comes along, right? And it's all doable through LV processes, unlike extracting silver and lead from galena.

Edit:
Yes, you can do the same with magnetite, but that only gives you 3 iron nuggets when you smelt the final dust, while chalcopyrite gives you an ingot of copper.
Right just making sure, thanks :)

My biggest drawback is usually the mercury. Its one bucket per crushed ore sadly, and processing that redstone is pretty slow.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So not sure if anyone browses the FTB subreddit but a coming feature for pneumaticcraft was announced, the plants are being removed. Well they're being made optional for a transition period and later removed but same thing really. They're being replaced with oil and an oil refinement process that turns it into four different products which can be further processed to make everything into LPG which will be used to make plastic, it also comes with a tool to help find the pools of oil which are primarily underground and a machine to extract it for you. It's also compatible with buildcraft oil as an extra nicety.

Link to imgur album here

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys! very very nice pack!!
we are actually configuring a new server..
One Question:
can you please disable all the update notifications in the mods clientside which are spamming every login the entire chat screen :) in a multiplayer setup no player has a chance to read the motd and no one profits from the mod-update infos...
it would be very nice :)

thanks in advance

-jogi

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
One Question:
can you please disable all the update notifications in the mods clientside which are spamming every login the entire chat screen :) in a multiplayer setup no player has a chance to read the motd and no one profits from the mod-update infos...

thanks in advance

-jogi
wait with the server a couple days for the big new update v3 !

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
So not sure if anyone browses the FTB subreddit but a coming feature for pneumaticcraft was announced, the plants are being removed. Well they're being made optional for a transition period and later removed but same thing really. They're being replaced with oil and an oil refinement process that turns it into four different products which can be further processed to make everything into LPG which will be used to make plastic, it also comes with a tool to help find the pools of oil which are primarily underground and a machine to extract it for you. It's also compatible with buildcraft oil as an extra nicety.

Link to imgur album here
Very cool. The plant mechanic was nice for its novelty when it first appeared, but dealing with the many different kinds was a hassle. Collecting plants for plastic seems odd anyway, oil is more realistic.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
One Question:

thanks in advance

-jogi
I know, i know... I have just been lazy to turn them all off.... I will make sure that they are turned off in v3 (even I don't read them; i just once per week go through all the mods to see if there are any updates to them).

And yes, as @DarknessShadow said. Wait for v3 to come out, because you would need to make new world again. Or just mess with it to see what are you singing for (yes v3 is going to be harder)

Reign Dance

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having a problem when trying to launch this modpack. Not sure if it's because of the launcher itself or if it's the modpack causing it, but I thought I'd ask about it here just in case it's the modpack. Whenever I launch it, it seems to stop responding in various parts of the loading screen. I often have to close it and open it up multiple times before I can get it fully launched. Is there any way to solve this problem?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've been having a problem when trying to launch this modpack. Not sure if it's because of the launcher itself or if it's the modpack causing it, but I thought I'd ask about it here just in case it's the modpack. Whenever I launch it, it seems to stop responding in various parts of the loading screen. I often have to close it and open it up multiple times before I can get it fully launched. Is there any way to solve this problem?
How long did you wait?

GT packs take a notoriously long time to load. In fact if you watch the logs, there's a little message telling you not to kill the process at that point, because it really does just take that long

Reign Dance

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't tell you how long I waited when I first tried this pack, but it was a while before I just killed it and retried. After a few retries, it got past that point quickly. When I say it "stopped responding", I mean that it said in the bar at the top of the window (not responding). No matter how long I wait, it just won't stop "not responding". So every time I feel like playing, I usually have to give it a few tries before it will load up fully. Not a huge problem in the long run, but it is obnoxious.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I couldn't tell you how long I waited when I first tried this pack, but it was a while before I just killed it and retried. After a few retries, it got past that point quickly. When I say it "stopped responding", I mean that it said in the bar at the top of the window (not responding). No matter how long I wait, it just won't stop "not responding". So every time I feel like playing, I usually have to give it a few tries before it will load up fully. Not a huge problem in the long run, but it is obnoxious.
Yes it will say not responding even if you don't wait long enough, that's true for everyone.

Next time you think its stuck, go have a beer/cup of tea/relaxing shower. Come back and see if its magically fixed itself.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Check the console and look at the last few lines in there. It should tell us where the problem is. Honestly I have a suspect, which I am getting rid of in v3, because I am annoyed by this. Its not affecting everyone, only certain chosen ones.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know a decent humanus source other than zombie flesh and mana beans?
Centrifuge as mentioned, messis is great for things. Candleberries are particularly good, each one will give one ordo for steel, one herba for fueling a lamp of growth for more, and one humanus for all your golem/primal needs if you're centrifuging the messis. Really though thanks to messis working basically any crop in the game will work perfectly for getting humanus, which also allows you to get spiritus and bestia or whatever the other two golem ones were by breaking it down which if you're using the byproducts of steel production for you've likely got enough for that to be viable.

Reactions: Pyure

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
hey thats great, thank you for the info :) ok we'll waiting for V3 i use the time to configure the permissions and the mytown2 mod.

i dont want to shove but when do you estimate do you releasing V3 ?
(sry for poss. bad english^^)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
hey thats great, thank you for the info :) ok we'll waiting for V3 i use the time to configure the permissions and the mytown2 mod.

i dont want to shove but when do you estimate do you releasing V3 ?
(sry for poss. bad english^^)
Friday/Saturday

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, any tips on which Soartex texture pack i should use?
The thing is, currently i try to use Soartex from FTB Ressurection pack (since if im not wrong they have much in commom). And the problem is all the ore is vanilla textures, while others (dirt, stone, woods, machines) are fine.

NVM, fixed.

Last edited: