[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
You need to press the button inside the machine GUI (i think its the left one to enable autooutput)
I did that - the right button on the outputting machine and the left one on the inputting, right? Didn't work.

I remember CrazyPants saying that EU cables will appear, when IC2 enet is stable = probably never or at least not in 1.7.

There is also an option that someone will make an GT/eIO addon for those conduits :D
Too bad my knowledge about MC modding is about zip - probably the coding wouldn't be beyond me, but everything related to visuals would better remain unseen.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Let me explain it bit more :)

One machine from which you want to output you will press one of the buttons and you will wrench the output face to the machine you want to output into. With the second machine you dont press any buttons, it should accept the items/fluid from that (you dont need to wrench the side on that machine)

(i suck at explaining :D)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Btw since i doubt anyone is checking the first page, i have changed the logo of the pack.
lbs2f6Q.png

It needs just to be bit more bright in the middle. :)

And will probably add little v3 in the bottom right corner :)

It is transparent PNG, so you can use it for your youtube videos (looks at @Lacandor) or your server websites (looks at @Grove). (font used is Ethnocentric (dafont.com))

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Ieldra, are you still stuck on anything above?

For renewable power, you can also consider two types of biofuel. Forestry which I'm sure you're familiar with, and IC2, which is more interesting for about 30 minutes and then quickly gets a lot more boring.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also, expect not to get a real silverwood tree farm going right off the bat. It is possible to not get any saplings in multiple

Those patches will fill in. Also, just wait until you get a wand of equal trade. It's amazing for fixing dirt patches and such in walls.
I spammed a bunch of thaum grafters. A single tree gave me 14 saplings as a result. It took 4 tries to get a node.

And yep I made a wand of equal trade while trying to unlock various other researches :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Equal Trade is AWESOME for harvesting glowstone / trees (just replace the blocks with torches which will immediently fall down to the ground)
You forgot obsidian :)

tbh, equal trade is one of the tools I'm extremely familiar with. Long before I knew how to make one, any time I played on a server I was always insisting on getting a basemate to make me one :p

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@Ieldra, are you still stuck on anything above?
For renewable power, you can also consider two types of biofuel. Forestry which I'm sure you're familiar with, and IC2, which is more interesting for about 30 minutes and then quickly gets a lot more boring.
The thing is, for renewable plant power of any kind - be it charcoal or biomass - you need automated farms, and it's there I can't find a satisfactory solution as of yet. Forestry needs apatite and a steady supply of dirt, EnderIO and PneumaticCraft need stainless steel (And drones can't plant, so I'd have to use TC golems for that anyway), TC harvesting golems get stuck on low-hanging leaves. If GT's apatite veins are as plentiful as its other resources, I may go Forestry anyway but I haven't found any yet. So, yet again I'm stuck on...prospecting.

On the positive side, I have found a way to extract gold in significant quantities from the tons of Chalcopyrite I keep finding, using a waste product of a standard processing step for redstone ore - of which I also have quite enough and then some. I forgot to check the required EU/t though...need to do that later....oddly enough I can generate MV with a transformer but I can't make machines that use it yet. BTW, who was the evil mastermind who made EnderIO capacitors to use gold ingots instead of nuggets? A x9 increase in cost - that's really drastic. 32 gold ingots go into a single octadic capacitor. Where the heck does it all go?

I should say I rather like the way the tech tree works. I'm barely out of the steam age, and I can already see the giant added value which is possible when I get to the MV tier of machines.

As for TC and the wand focus of equal trade: not only is it one of the most useful tools in all of modded minecraft, since TC 4.2 you can upgrade it to use silk touch. BTW, why do you need so many silverwood trees? Do you want to create a large expanse of magical forest?

While I'm at it: can PneumaticCraft's Electric Compressor use GT power?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The thing is, for renewable plant power of any kind - be it charcoal or biomass - you need automated farms, and it's there I can't find a satisfactory solution as of yet. Forestry needs apatite and a steady supply of dirt, EnderIO and PneumaticCraft need stainless steel (And drones can't plant, so I'd have to use TC golems for that anyway), TC harvesting golems get stuck on low-hanging leaves. If GT's apatite veins are as plentiful as its other resources, I may go Forestry anyway but I haven't found any yet. So, yet again I'm stuck on...prospecting.

On the positive side, I have found a way to extract gold in significant quantities from the tons of Chalcopyrite I keep finding, using a waste product of a standard processing step for redstone ore - of which I also have quite enough and then some. I forgot to check the required EU/t though...need to do that later....oddly enough I can generate MV with a transformer but I can't make machines that use it yet. BTW, who was the evil mastermind who made EnderIO capacitors to use gold ingots instead of nuggets? A x9 increase in cost - that's really drastic. 32 gold ingots go into a single octadic capacitor. Where the heck does it all go?

I should say I rather like the way the tech tree works. I'm barely out of the steam age, and I can already see the giant added value which is possible when I get to the MV tier of machines.

As for TC and the wand focus of equal trade: not only is it one of the most useful tools in all of modded minecraft, since TC 4.2 you can upgrade it to use silk touch. BTW, why do you need so many silverwood trees? Do you want to create a large expanse of magical forest?

While I'm at it: can PneumaticCraft's Electric Compressor use GT power?
Funny, I've never known anyone to have a problem with a thaumcraft tree farm. Every few weeks or so I'll hear someone say they're missing a golem, but then you spend a couple minutes making a new golem and you're good to go.

Similarly, you can do biofuel setups without trees at all of course. There's numerous ways to autoharvest other plants.

Regarding the Capacitors changes, yeah its really brutal, but tbh I think I like it that way. Getting top-tier octatics is actually a resource-acquisition challenge. In my bases I have to consider carefully which machines I want to put high value capacitors in, and which ones can get by with lower-tier ones.

For electric compressor: I *think* this will work in that direction. GT machines can always output into IC2-consuming machines. But going in the other direction (which is way more common btw) you'll need the pneumatic generator. It outputs IC2-power and you'll need to transform it into GT explicitly.

Of course all this neat power-conversion stuff might become moot with Blood Asp's changes. I haven't tested that yet.

For silverwood trees: I just need a single pure node (which required 4 silverwood tree attempts). It creates a (I believe) 17x17 magical forest biome. I need a magical forest biome near my base if I want to create a mana bean farm. According to googles :)

For your gold/chalco thing, you mean magnetite? You can get a significant amount of gold by processing mid-stage magnetite with mercury (from redstone).

Mental note: see if I can get GT mercury from minechem. I heart minechem.

Christ that reminds me: Ieldra, if you wanna try something new, you can convert just about anything you can farm into one of the minechem fuels.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
WHAT when did that happen?

edit: I've tested it and there is no problem. The pneumaticraft drones can still place saplings
I looked things up in the wiki and there is no program element to use items. Is the wiki outdated? I've never explored PneumaticCraft's full capabilities, and that's one of the things I want to do here.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Mental note: see if I can get GT mercury from minechem. I heart minechem.

Christ that reminds me: Ieldra, if you wanna try something new, you can convert just about anything you can farm into one of the minechem fuels.
Not really, no mercury from Minechem. Despite minechem's many pluses mercury didn't have a dust form so it didn't get a recipe when I added everything, reminds me I don't think I ever released the bugfix, I'll have to get on that in the next couple of days when my schedule actually gives me time to poke through it again. It's also worth noting you'll be wanting the synthesiser for fuel, the default atomic fuels of hydrogen and carbon have been made near useless so if you want something out of your organic stuff your best bet is Methyl Methacrylate, it's what slimeballs are made of and the best minechem fuel at about 3.5x that of coal, other compounds exist and cellulose isn't totally bad but it's the best.

To elaborate on mercury though, the only way to get it from basic minechem is from slimeballs which have a 90% chance of giving either a Poly(methyl Methacrylate) which is used to create one, a mercury atom, or 10 water molecules. That means that after accounting for recycling each slimeball is worth about 0.43 mercury atoms, so a full 1000mB of mercury which is 16 atoms is 37.3 slimeballs, this however cannot be used to create mercury as it doesn't have a dust, what can be done however is to synthesise it with sulfur to create cinnabar which you can then centrifuge into sulfur dust and GT mercury, decompose the sulfur into minechem sulfur atoms and repeat as many times as you want. So the key ingredient is slimeballs, you've got multiple ways you can acquire them from building a mob farm in slime chunks to ender io or thaumcraft slime spawners to a pneumaticcraft mob farm to just synthesising them with other organic compounds with minechem, alternatively if you've managed to reach HV tech you can build a fusion reactor and create them from milk, one bucket of milk provides 4 calcium so that's a 16:1 ratio of milk to mercury. You specifically need forestry milk though, that could be fixed with minetweaker I'm pretty sure though.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not really, no mercury from Minechem. Despite minechem's many pluses mercury didn't have a dust form so it didn't get a recipe when I added everything, reminds me I don't think I ever released the bugfix, I'll have to get on that in the next couple of days when my schedule actually gives me time to poke through it again. It's also worth noting you'll be wanting the synthesiser for fuel, the default atomic fuels of hydrogen and carbon have been made near useless so if you want something out of your organic stuff your best bet is Methyl Methacrylate, it's what slimeballs are made of and the best minechem fuel at about 3.5x that of coal, other compounds exist and cellulose isn't totally bad but it's the best.

To elaborate on mercury though, the only way to get it from basic minechem is from slimeballs which have a 90% chance of giving either a Poly(methyl Methacrylate) which is used to create one, a mercury atom, or 10 water molecules. That means that after accounting for recycling each slimeball is worth about 0.43 mercury atoms, so a full 1000mB of mercury which is 16 atoms is 37.3 slimeballs, this however cannot be used to create mercury as it doesn't have a dust, what can be done however is to synthesise it with sulfur to create cinnabar which you can then centrifuge into sulfur dust and GT mercury, decompose the sulfur into minechem sulfur atoms and repeat as many times as you want. So the key ingredient is slimeballs, you've got multiple ways you can acquire them from building a mob farm in slime chunks to ender io or thaumcraft slime spawners to a pneumaticcraft mob farm to just synthesising them with other organic compounds with minechem, alternatively if you've managed to reach HV tech you can build a fusion reactor and create them from milk, one bucket of milk provides 4 calcium so that's a 16:1 ratio of milk to mercury. You specifically need forestry milk though, that could be fixed with minetweaker I'm pretty sure though.
I was actually pleased with the fusion/fission reactors. I'm glad you pointed out the cinnabar thing. If I can make cinnabar in minechem, I can just do it with fusion. Assuming I don't mind the power usage, which in this case I wouldn't.

Granted by the time I can create a fusion plant, I doubt gold is any kind of concern any longer.

But, cool-factor.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I looked things up in the wiki and there is no program element to use items. Is the wiki outdated? I've never explored PneumaticCraft's full capabilities, and that's one of the things I want to do here.
Yes the wiki is outdated BUT the drones could place blocks since the first time they were implemeted :p

And in 1.7 they have been massivly upgraded with various functions like
right click block/entity
tons of conditions
teleport
crafting
computercraft control
liquids
redstone signals
droping items
rf transport
moving mobs
import/export a programm from pastebin.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@Pyure:
The gold acquisition I meant was: if you put crushed chalcopyrite ore with mercury in the chemical bath you have a 70% chance for gold dust. So basically, 0.9 blocks of redstone ore + 0.5 blocks of chalcopyrite ore equals 0.7 gold ingots. I'd say that's a much better source of gold than the really not very frequent gold ore at magnetite veins. Since copper and redstone are things you always need, it would be stupid not to take the gold that comes along, right? And it's all doable through LV processes, unlike extracting silver and lead from galena.

Edit:
Yes, you can do the same with magnetite, but that only gives you 3 iron nuggets when you smelt the final dust, while chalcopyrite gives you an ingot of copper.

Last edited: