[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@Pyure:
One more thing about Thaumcraft Warp: if you don't add to your warp for some time, the frequency of the effects drops over time. Your warp meter (there is an item that shows you) can be at 80%, but if you do nothing to add to it for some time eventually you won't get any more effects. Just don't eat any zombie brains while under "unnatural hunger", that adds warp. I don't know if you can die from it, I tend to keep a Healing Axe at hand for those times and don't do any heavily-warping stuff until I have that axe.

Reactions: Pyure

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
@Pyure:
One more thing about Thaumcraft Warp: if you don't add to your warp for some time, the frequency of the effects drops over time. Your warp meter (there is an item that shows you) can be at 80%, but if you do nothing to add to it for some time eventually you won't get any more effects. Just don't eat any zombie brains while under "unnatural hunger", that adds warp. I don't know if you can die from it, I tend to keep a Healing Axe at hand for those times and don't do any heavily-warping stuff until I have that axe.
I didn't know the effects dwindle over time..that's awesome.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Heh, just my luck - after walking a 50-block grid at level 13 for days I finally find a graphite/diamond vein, and then it's intersected by a giant ravine and most of it is air... Also, Fortune doesn't work on GT diamond ore? Evil.

BTW, is there a way to automate tree farms in Infitech apart from EnderIO's farming station and Thaumcraft golems? The farming station needs an electric hoe which needs stainless steel, so that won't be an option for a very long time (besides I couldn't find the recipe in NEI, why not?), but the thought of being stuck with (the somewhat unreliable) golems until then is less than satisfactory.

Also, gold? I take it you'll get most of it as byproducts later in the game? The guide lists gold as "around" ore of magnetite veins, but it's pitifully little I found there so far, and the low density of the veins means you have to cut away a lot of stone. I'd like to progress in Thaumcraft and that needs gold.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, just my luck - after walking a 50-block grid at level 13 for days I finally find a graphite/diamond vein, and then it's intersected by a giant ravine and most of it is air... Also, Fortune doesn't work on GT diamond ore? Evil.

BTW, is there a way to automate tree farms in Infitech apart from EnderIO's farming station and Thaumcraft golems? The farming station needs an electric hoe which needs stainless steel, so that won't be an option for a very long time (besides I couldn't find the recipe in NEI, why not?), but the thought of being stuck with (the somewhat unreliable) golems until then is less than satisfactory.
Forestry Farm is also an option

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Forestry Farm is also an option
Thanks for reminding me of what completely slipped my mind :/

Also, can it be there is a memory leak somewhere in the pack? I am finding that after some time playing, the interaction with machines, chests, barrels etc. begins to lag. A few minutes ago several seconds passed between my clicking on a production table and the appearance of the gui.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Also, gold? I take it you'll get most of it as byproducts later in the game? The guide lists gold as "around" ore of magnetite veins, but it's pitifully little I found there so far, and the low density of the veins means you have to cut away a lot of stone. I'd like to progress in Thaumcraft and that needs gold.
For gold, you probably do get most of it from magnetite veins in the early game. Later on you can process magnetite itself with mercury to extract more gold.

If you're good with mobfarms, that's an excellent source of gold, and you always have crops and bees as fallbacks if you're into those.

Personally I find I get plenty enough from stripping magnetite veins. Be advised that magnetite veins seem to come in both Iron and Gold flavours though.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I think the best combo I found was using lucrum mana beans, with a lamp of growth and some golems to automate it they get pretty decent speeds. Also how I got a supply of auram for the things that need that, you'll have to put in a bunch of work to get a farm going though between the biome specific requirements on growing, only growing on the bottom of blocks and the grind that is breeding them but they're useful for it. If you can bother working through to lucrum infused crops they're even better at four ingots per harvest, can't use growth boosters though and stats are a massive pain to grind up. Infused crops are much more useful for the earlier resources though, diamonds are from vitreus crops for example and ordo/perditio give a stack of glass/sand when harvested so they're a nice bonus, I also made a bit of use of praecantio crops which give a random shard, generally they can give nice rewards but they make bees look like the most cooperative and pleasing of things when trying to breed up their stats and without them they're really, really slow. Good for things you don't need a lot of though that are tricky like diamonds without a diamond vein.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I think the best combo I found was using lucrum mana beans, with a lamp of growth and some golems to automate it they get pretty decent speeds. Also how I got a supply of auram for the things that need that, you'll have to put in a bunch of work to get a farm going though between the biome specific requirements on growing, only growing on the bottom of blocks and the grind that is breeding them but they're useful for it. If you can bother working through to lucrum infused crops they're even better at four ingots per harvest, can't use growth boosters though and stats are a massive pain to grind up. Infused crops are much more useful for the earlier resources though, diamonds are from vitreus crops for example and ordo/perditio give a stack of glass/sand when harvested so they're a nice bonus, I also made a bit of use of praecantio crops which give a random shard, generally they can give nice rewards but they make bees look like the most cooperative and pleasing of things when trying to breed up their stats and without them they're really, really slow. Good for things you don't need a lot of though that are tricky like diamonds without a diamond vein.
Man I keep forgetting about these infused crops.

Also I've never tinkered with mana beans. I gather they're good for creating pure sources of aspects? So I could create lots of lucrum w/o having to worry about void-jarring other aspects, and use that to replicate gold?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Also I've never tinkered with mana beans. I gather they're good for creating pure sources of aspects? So I could create lots of lucrum w/o having to worry about void-jarring other aspects, and use that to replicate gold?
Yeah they can be useful, the way they work is that they're worth exactly one of whatever aspect they are. So each lucrum bean is worth one lucrum and so forth and nothing else, they also can be eaten to gain one research point in that aspect iirc as a minor thing. It's worth noting though only golems can automate them and as they only grow on the bottom of logs in magical forest biomes you can't really walk around a compact farm as there will only be one block of air between the ground and the beans for the golems to use as they're short things, the magical forests are just a matter of planting a few silverwoods until a node forms and waiting a bit at least, thaumium grafter for boosting silverwood drop rate remember.

The breeding process is simple as well if kind of time consuming due to their very slow growth speed, use growth boosters if you want it done in an even half way fast timeframe. What you do is you plant beans of the two aspects you want to combine next to each other and when growing they have a chance of turning into the compound aspect, all beans drop 1-2 of themselves when harvested as well so that's how you produce more. The fact you work through the aspect tree makes stuff like lucrum annoying however, as it's one of the highest tier aspects so you'll have acquired a lot of others on your way to reach it. Really they can be quite good, but outside of a couple of extremely rare aspects like lucrum and auram it's much easier to use normal items, the research points can be nice though.

Note you'll have to spend five or ten minutes hiking around a magical forest at first, the beans only spawn in them after all and you'll want all six primals to be able to produce anything.

EDIT: Also I forgot it in my last post but the list of all infused crop rewards, avoid any aspects not on that list as they tend to lead to crashes iirc. Just don't let the seeds grow to fruition or something.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Lucrum infused crops? Uh... I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you point me towards some information? If this has to do with mana beans, I never bothered with them since the switch to 4.2. From the description what you're expected to do with them now sounds easily as bad as original Forestry bee-breeding.

Also, it's "praecantatio" - Latin for "enchantment", etymologically approximately "a song that binds". Every time I hear dw20 mangling this it hurts, and seeing others copying it hurts more.

Reactions: sprAngles

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
For gold, you probably do get most of it from magnetite veins in the early game. Later on you can process magnetite itself with mercury to extract more gold.

If you're good with mobfarms, that's an excellent source of gold, and you always have crops and bees as fallbacks if you're into those.

Personally I find I get plenty enough from stripping magnetite veins. Be advised that magnetite veins seem to come in both Iron and Gold flavours though.
So far I found the most of my gold by looting chests. Eventually, all that - diamonds, too - will be made by bees, but it'll be a while before I can power Gendustry machines.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Lucrum infused crops? Uh... I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you point me towards some information? If this has to do with mana beans, I never bothered with them since the switch to 4.2. From the description what you're expected to do with them now sounds easily as bad as original Forestry bee-breeding.

Also, it's "praecantatio" - Latin for "enchantment", etymologically approximately "a song that binds". Every time I hear dw20 mangling this it hurts, and seeing others copying it hurts more.
Research all six imbued fires to unlock the research, they spike off hyperenergetic nitor if memory serves. They're also not actually hard to breed to a specific aspect, just really slow as they grow really slowly without any stat boosts so it's slow to breed them. The process is actually really easy and simple, just plant one of the types there to let it infuse the soil and then once it's grown plant the other type and it has a chance of changing into it. The bigger issue is stat breeding, the way it works is every crop (except primals) every so often steals a point of stats from any adjacent plants, primals don't have stats except they provide an infinite source of their stat as the stats are the six primal aspects, the issue is that if a plant has five or more of it's stat it can't take from primals and only from other plants. That's an issue because those plants will have the same chance every tick to steal one back, this seems to lead to a case where two plants should stay roughly equal in stats to what they start with to me, the catch being one of the stats increases their steal rate, only that will naturally be stolen too and having it takes up space towards the 50 stat point total cap.

As for the name sorry about that, it's been a while since I last checked and I never really payed much attention to the names. I'll try to remember.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for reminding me of what completely slipped my mind :/

Also, can it be there is a memory leak somewhere in the pack? I am finding that after some time playing, the interaction with machines, chests, barrels etc. begins to lag. A few minutes ago several seconds passed between my clicking on a production table and the appearance of the gui.
Opening Production GUI is indeed delayed even when installed by itself. Not much to do about that, than just wait for a fix (it has been already reported if I am not mistaken).

Anyway i would say its a good time to take a break from InfiTech 2 for these two days, because v3 is around the corner. Just 2 days! :)

HYPE!

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I found that you can put certain kinds of plates on cables in order to hide them. However, how do you get them off again? And is there a way to make GT-compatible covers that looks like my building blocks?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I found that you can put certain kinds of plates on cables in order to hide them. However, how do you get them off again? And is there a way to make GT-compatible covers that looks like my building blocks?
ALL plates from gregtech should work on cables/pipes as covers.
And you can get them of with the crowbar.

If you are building a house out of Iron Blocks then yes you can have covers that look like your building blocks :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

ALL plates from gregtech should work on cables/pipes as covers.
And you can get them of with the crowbar.

If you are building a house out of Iron Blocks then yes you can have covers that look like your building blocks :p
Can also cover GT machines in addition to the pipes/cables.

Handy when you don't want things connecting.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
If you dont want to waste your precious metals as covers there are some other materials that can be used:
Red/Black Granit
Glowstone (no light)
Redstone (no redstone signal)
Obsidian
Wood (all types of planks under the name "Oak Plank" not plate)
Coal
Charcoal
Silicon
Certus Quartz
Nether Quartz
Enderpearls (looks almost like diamond blocks)
Thaumcraft shards
Glass (not see through)