[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, 80 eu/t is MV (33->128)

I believe you start getting byproducts with the HV macerator..

Keep hunting around, you'll find that redstone vein. You can also get redstone from both bees and ic2 crops if you're so inclined.

Think i'll avoid forestry until later this time, maybe checkout gendustry tho i also might checkout the ic2 crops but i like what i got because it ties in to the progression, its neat-o :D

Now i understand why there is a way to crystallize thaumcraft shards from dusts in the thaumcraft recipees, because of machines recycling crystal shard tools (should in theory give you shard dusts), kinda huge, though because of my huge explorational mining tunnels (1x2xmany chunks deep) i got tons of shards, very little red stone though because the only source of it comes from small redstone ore and i didn't mine deep enough for small redstone ore at first because i was looking for the veins!

I gave up on veins and just hunt small ores for the rare stuff, diamonds & redstone.

Though now with the redstone centrifuge plan i can build diamonds from coal i get and i also get redstone, i can see myself building thaumcraft arcane bores to dig up all this netherack and using GT boilers to feed the macerators etc making a whole factory for this.

I haven't tried the arcane bores yet but i heard good things about it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Use multiple redstone engines. I think I usually use three or four. If necessary you can stack wooden pipes and stack redstone engines on those but I dont think its necessary.

Huh, I just checked the numbers and if I understand correctly, the small coal boiler is actually more efficient. So nevermind.

That said, if you're using coal coke ovens, you're likely amassing more creosote oil than you know what to do with, and a tiny RC liquid fueled boiler handles that stuff nicely.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I've done the maths and unless you're using steel and building large tanks drums from XU are basically always better, for small scale stuff they're vastly better at least. They're the only real alternative though, unless you really like thirsty tanks though as I think they can get pretty decent with all the upgrades, way more expensive then the other two though.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah I've done the maths and unless you're using steel and building large tanks drums from XU are basically always better, for small scale stuff they're vastly better at least. They're the only real alternative though, unless you really like thirsty tanks though as I think they can get pretty decent with all the upgrades, way more expensive then the other two though.
Thirsty tanks can be upgraded?? Like the thaumic ones? (I forget if its TC or thaumic tinkerer or what)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Thirsty tanks can be upgraded?? Like the thaumic ones? (I forget if its TC or thaumic tinkerer or what)
Yeah it was added in an update a bit back, you create and then add glyphs to them, max of six upgrades with one glyph per side of the tank. They are as follows.
  • Bovine: Auto milks nearby cows, makes mushroom soup if mooshrooms.
  • Guzzler: Increases generation speed, 6 runes is equal to about 10 upgrades in transfer node.
  • Reservoir: Increases capacity by 16 buckets.
  • Void: Like the void upgrade from JABBA, it will keep accepting liquid or pumping and just purge anything above it's cap.
  • Consumption: It constantly and slowly destroys it's stored liquid, not really sure what the point of this is.
  • Preservation: It will always keep at least 1mb of fluid in it.
  • Siphoning: It will automatically export liquid to an adjacent tank.
  • Envy: It will automatically import liquid from an adjacent tank.
  • Temperance: It will only automatically generate/transfer liquid with redstone signal.
They're rather nice all up, definitely a useful tool even if they're still kind of pricy compared to other tanks the versatility makes up for it. Plus they're the fastest water generation method until you hit transfer nodes and even then they're somewhat advantageous due to being much more compact, they allow for pumping up any liquid too so they're always a decent alternative to other pumps.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah it was added in an update a bit back, you create and then add glyphs to them, max of six upgrades with one glyph per side of the tank. They are as follows.
  • Bovine: Auto milks nearby cows, makes mushroom soup if mooshrooms.
  • Guzzler: Increases generation speed, 6 runes is equal to about 10 upgrades in transfer node.
  • Reservoir: Increases capacity by 16 buckets.
  • Void: Like the void upgrade from JABBA, it will keep accepting liquid or pumping and just purge anything above it's cap.
  • Consumption: It constantly and slowly destroys it's stored liquid, not really sure what the point of this is.
  • Preservation: It will always keep at least 1mb of fluid in it.
  • Siphoning: It will automatically export liquid to an adjacent tank.
  • Envy: It will automatically import liquid from an adjacent tank.
  • Temperance: It will only automatically generate/transfer liquid with redstone signal.
They're rather nice all up, definitely a useful tool even if they're still kind of pricy compared to other tanks the versatility makes up for it. Plus they're the fastest water generation method until you hit transfer nodes and even then they're somewhat advantageous due to being much more compact, they allow for pumping up any liquid too so they're always a decent alternative to other pumps.
wow awesome I had no idea.

Lately I've just been using them as pumps. I stumbled on them by accident really while learning my TC stuff, and found they were slow-but-steady free pumps when I found oil. Line up a bunch of them around a oil flowing block and you're good to go, but it sounds like I can attach guzzler to make that go a lot faster, and maybe siphoning so that I don't need to use enderio pipes for extraction.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Use multiple redstone engines. I think I usually use three or four. If necessary you can stack wooden pipes and stack redstone engines on those but I dont think its necessary.

Huh, I just checked the numbers and if I understand correctly, the small coal boiler is actually more efficient. So nevermind.

That said, if you're using coal coke ovens, you're likely amassing more creosote oil than you know what to do with, and a tiny RC liquid fueled boiler handles that stuff nicely.
Yeah, I thought of that. Unfortunately, I don't have steel yet apart from the 3 ingots I looted somewhere.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm back at it.

Third vein core-sampled: Olivine. Useless early game, useful later on when you're making advanced circuitry.

Fourth vein:.....another diamond vein :p

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I'm back at it.

Third vein core-sampled: Olivine. Useless early game, useful later on when you're making advanced circuitry.

Fourth vein:.....another diamond vein :p
Meanwhile, I found my fifth vein of iron ores (pyrite, limonite, you name it), but no diamonds. Can we trade? I also have neodymium and rare earths. At this tech level, I wouldn't even know these existed...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If anyone cares, here's how I core sample. No idea if its an efficient spacing.

Untitled.jpg

Meanwhile, I found my fifth vein of iron ores (pyrite, limonite, you name it), but no diamonds. Can we trade? I also have neodymium and rare earths. At this tech level, I wouldn't even know these existed...
Sure! And good point btw.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Update and question.

Finally found a chalco vein. But its smack-dab in the middle of a giant red-granite cluster. DAMMMIT. Upshot is I also found a cobalt vein. Love that stuff early game I tell ya.

Question: What kinds of cool things can I do with blue power? I never really got to know Red Power so I dunno. Is anyone gonna use it for anything?

I see it has a ton of logistical machines. Are anything particularly useful?

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Blue Power is the devil and is the harbinger of shitty volcanoes.

Real answer, I think its just an extension to redstone setups and item transport. I'd like to see some cool BP setups.

(I hate those volcanoes, if you couldn't tell.)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Blue Power is the devil and is the harbinger of shitty volcanoes.

Real answer, I think its just an extension to redstone setups and item transport. I'd like to see some cool BP setups.

(I hate those volcanoes, if you couldn't tell.)
I hate walking around them, but they're neat enough to look at.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Bit of annoyance. Research Mastery is supposed to be Mostly Harmless, giving minor warp. Instead I gained "permanent warp" :( :( I don't want permanent warp.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Bit of annoyance. Research Mastery is supposed to be Mostly Harmless, giving minor warp. Instead I gained "permanent warp" :( :( I don't want permanent warp.
I think you get permanent warp, but the value of the warp is so small where you should almost never get warp effects if that is all you have. It really is mostly harmless.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Finally found a chalco vein. But its smack-dab in the middle of a giant red-granite cluster.
This is where you remember that vanilla style pickaxes are still a thing? Get something like a thaumium or diamond pickaxe and you'll churn through that red granite without shattering a gajillion materials as they follow the normal 1 block = 1 durability rule.
Ok that's a misunderstanding on your part, researches always give permanent warp. The "Mostly Harmless" or whatever just determines how much they give. There are three types of warp though, temporary warp, normal warp, and permanent warp. Permanent and normal warp are given by researching forbidden stuff, normal and temporary by creating forbidden stuff, and temporary is also given by doing certain actions such as eating brains, there is also a kind of special warp that you only have while you have warping equipment on you. It's also worth noting it's not all bad, at low levels the event that gives free research points is the most common so definitely useful, even later you can do things like get night vision or wither vision. You also get more ways to combat it as it increases.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ok that's a misunderstanding on your part, researches always give permanent warp. The "Mostly Harmless" or whatever just determines how much they give. There are three types of warp though, temporary warp, normal warp, and permanent warp. Permanent and normal warp are given by researching forbidden stuff, normal and temporary by creating forbidden stuff, and temporary is also given by doing certain actions such as eating brains, there is also a kind of special warp that you only have while you have warping equipment on you. It's also worth noting it's not all bad, at low levels the event that gives free research points is the most common so definitely useful, even later you can do things like get night vision or wither vision. You also get more ways to combat it as it increases.
Got it thanks :)