[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I actually am randomly finding - or rather not finding - diamonds, at least until I have found a vein. That's why this is so frustrating. Also, four chunks apart? Are you telling me even the diamond/graphite veins are of that size? In that case there is something I can do to increase my chances.

As for GT oregen in general, I think it works best for people who like to spend some time early in the game randomly exploring the underground - right from the start, I found some stuff I'll need later rather often - not having to look for Redstone, Antimony, Aluminium or Manganese once I get to the point where I need it is really nice (and it's why I keep going). If you're looking for something specific and rare, however, it tends to get frustrating - I see more of that coming when it comes to Nickel. I like the sense of achievement you get by discovering a new vein. However, I'm the type of player who always looks forward to the time when I spend more time building than mining - and then I end up spending two and a half hours cutting away stone in straight lines. I would have an easier time putting up with it if there was some sort of scanner somewhere up the tech tree that makes this less necessary in future, but I haven't found any. I think I might end up liking GT's tech progression better than RotaryCraft's, but the way RotaryCraft makes certain resources almost a non-issue as you progress up the tech tree definitely suits my preferred playstyle better.

On the fun side: I also spent some time figuring out how to progess to level 3 mining equipment without Thaumcraft in the pack. As far as I could determine, you need to build a blast furnace (can be low-tier) and process chrome and titanium dusts you get randomly from certain level 2 ores, then make the first level 3 pickaxe heads from chrome or titanium. Using Thaumcraft shards is way easier though. Not only are they more common if you're still limited to level 2 mining equipment, but making a pickaxe head from them only needs a file.
Yes even diamond/graphite veins are huge, although obviously diamonds make up the minority. The vein will be like 80-90% graphite.

There is a scanner. It has crap range, like 20 blocks or less, but the OV scanner will summarize the top 10 or so ore finds within range. Test it in creative, its neato. Its really nice when you're branch mining for ultra-rare veins and you don't wanna miss one by just a couple blocks (passing above it for instance).

For tier3 picks: check this out. I can't promise its 100% current, but one thing of interest is the cobalt: You can smelt that stuff right away without any special equipment. It also lasts a long time, so it makes great tools in general (files, hammers, etc). And as you've seen, thaumcraft shard tools are awesome.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Peeps may or may not care: I'm starting a new infitech instance tonight. Gonna see if I can turn this lowly waste of space into ....well an equally ugly but industrialized waste of space.

2015-05-27_20.32.41.jpg

Reactions: Jason McRay

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Is there a way to bring the steam macerator to auto-eject? If I place a chest at the side where I configure the output, it apparently can't eject its steam.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I think all steam machines auto-eject to bottom, can you try that?
To the bottom? Well, that's unusual. I found I could extract from the bottom with a BC pipe but perhaps it'll work without the wooden pipe and the redstone engine.

Edit:
Works, but using BC pipes only with a powered pipe. I could probably use EnderIO conduits - found some pulsating iron in a chest - but likely I won't bother for this temporary setup. At least I can go mining now while this machine does its work.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
To the bottom? Well, that's unusual. I found I could extract from the bottom with a BC pipe but perhaps it'll work without the wooden pipe and the redstone engine.

Edit:
Works, but using BC pipes only with a powered pipe. I could probably use EnderIO conduits - found some pulsating iron in a chest - but likely I won't bother for this temporary setup. At least I can go mining now while this machine does its work.

Vanila FTW. just place hopper under the macerator :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I got a problem with the newest version 2.2.1.1. It always closes the game while loading.
which logs should I upload? I've just uploeaded "fml-client-latest.log" and "latest.log" from the logs-folder, tell me if those 2 are wrong.
https://drive.google.com/folderview...BPekN3ZmhpYUYwdUtKaDd1VkFOWE56RzA&usp=sharing
Go to your configs, find splash.properties, open it in any text editor, and edit the line which says enabled=true into enable=false

it is known issue with the new animated splash screen, which will be fixed in next version

Reactions: nonamefhh

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to bring the steam macerator to auto-eject? If I place a chest at the side where I configure the output, it apparently can't eject its steam.
The steam machines are low tech they dont have the auto eject feature.
But a hopper underneath solves it :)

Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys. If my awesome testers (@Pyure, @Blood Asp, @Dentvar, @EchoingZen, @Timeslice and those who grabbed the v3 WIP from the github) will not find any serious issues and balancing problems, v3 should happen at 1st June (evening GMT).

There is one problem with that date. At 2nd June ARK: Survival Evolved is getting released in Early Access and I will be playing the heck shit ton out of that, so the bug fixes and updates might take bit longer to get done :)

Somewhat around the release I will also make a video about the changes and what to expect in v3. Trust me there is a lot of new mechanics (for example no AE2 meteors and GT can directly power RF machines); recipes got massive overhaul, quite a few items got disabled (forestry Still or Squeezer), moved from default machines into GT machines (BC Chipsets are now created soloely inside Forming Press instead of BC Assembly Table) or gregified in core (forestry Farms requires carpenter to craft).

And just to point that out again in case someone missed it: Current v2.x versions world will not be supported in v3.x; you can McEdit your builds out and import them in the new world, that shouldnt cause any problems.

oh and no, v3 doesnt have GT6, because its still far from finished (and might never get into IT:2).

Reactions: Dentvar

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
As long as I can disable the terrible volcanoes from BP, I'll be good. I really can't express my hatred enough for those abominations.

Everything looks good so far. I'll see what I can break.
(I haven't seen the odd ore name issue with stone textures. Hopefully that is all good now.)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Ok guys. If my awesome testers (@Pyure, @Blood Asp, @Dentvar, @EchoingZen, @Timeslice and those who grabbed the v3 WIP from the github) will not find any serious issues and balancing problems, v3 should happen at 1st June (evening GMT).

There is one problem with that date. At 2nd June ARK: Survival Evolved is getting released in Early Access and I will be playing the heck shit ton out of that, so the bug fixes and updates might take bit longer to get done :)

Somewhat around the release I will also make a video about the changes and what to expect in v3. Trust me there is a lot of new mechanics (for example no AE2 meteors and GT can directly power RF machines); recipes got massive overhaul, quite a few items got disabled (forestry Still or Squeezer), moved from default machines into GT machines (BC Chipsets are now created soloely inside Forming Press instead of BC Assembly Table) or gregified in core (forestry Farms requires carpenter to craft).

And just to point that out again in case someone missed it: Current v2.x versions world will not be supported in v3.x; you can McEdit your builds out and import them in the new world, that shouldnt cause any problems.

oh and no, v3 doesnt have GT6, because its still far from finished (and might never get into IT:2).
Nice to hear. A few questions:

(1) What are the chances, if I add Biome's O'Plenty and use the same seed, that I get my current world remade? I don't care so much about my builds - I can always cheat the three machines I have running in and rebuild the house in creative mode - but I don't think I ever had such a beautiful world. Would it be possible to load my old world if I delete everything remotely technological, or are they completely incompatible?

(2) I noticed a few haunted graveyards in V2. What mod are these from? It would be sad to see them go if they're from Project Zulu which got removed. Something to regret, I might add, since the added mobs add a lot of life to the world, even though I guess players don't interact with them much.

(3) No AE2 meteors.....Ahhhhh, that's *very* nice to hear. How are we getting the inscriber presses now? With GT machines?

(4) May I ask why you disabled the Still? That put a GT wrench in my plans... :D

(5) So GT->RF world works. Nice. What about the other way round? I take it it's possible to power GT turbines with Big Reactors or Railcraft Steam? Anything else?

(6) Is this a GT5 version which has the fusion reactor? I recall you said you wanted to add it in the next big update...

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Nice to hear. A few questions:

(1) What are the chances, if I add Biome's O'Plenty and use the same seed, that I get my current world remade? I don't care so much about my builds - I can always cheat the three machines I have running in and rebuild the house in creative mode - but I don't think I ever had such a beautiful world. Would it be possible to load my old world if I delete everything remotely technological, or are they completely incompatible?

(2) I noticed a few haunted graveyards in V2. What mod are these from? It would be sad to see them go if they're from Project Zulu which got removed. Something to regret, I might add, since the added mobs add a lot of life to the world, even though I guess players don't interact with them much.

(3) No AE2 meteors.....Ahhhhh, that's *very* nice to hear. How are we getting the inscriber presses now? With GT machines?

(4) May I ask why you disabled the Still? That put a GT wrench in my plans... :D

(5) So GT->RF world works. Nice. What about the other way round? I take it it's possible to power GT turbines with Big Reactors or Railcraft Steam? Anything else?

(6) Is this a GT5 version which has the fusion reactor? I recall you said you wanted to add it in the next big update...

(1) If you add BoP and create new world with the same seed as before, it will look similiar, but it will not be the same, because also different version of Forge is causing some biome ID shifts or whatever. I recreated my old world with the same seed with only Forge on latest; layout was kinda same, but biomes were shifted.

(2) They are from PZ, you should be able to re-add PZ, but it can cause some exploits and few not working recipes, which you will need to handle on your end (or ask PZ dev to provide you help).

(3) Yes AE2 presses will be made in Laser Engraver, with lense and Compressed Iron (from PneumaticCraft). They are not early game, they require MV voltage.

(4) Still is disabled because there is no need of it. Everything distilled in Still can be distilled in GT Distillery.

(5) GT -> RF yes; RF -> GT also yes. Although all of the RF power production (except Big Reactors) is disabled, to prevent skipping parts of GT. With that also RF cables/conduits. Thanks to @Blood Asp GT is capable of powering RF machines directly. There is one slight issue with the transfering, and thats some energy storages will not output to GT cables, because of the limitations. So storing power in Capacitor Banks is not recommended (of course using Cap Bank as a buffer before x number of RF machines is fine (and also recommended to do))

(6) Yes, Its the latest version from @Blood Asp. So all the goodies are in.

I hope that answers all your questions. If there is anything else you wanna know, just ask :)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@Ieldra, just to irritate you a bit: I've restarted an Infitech instance and went core sampling. First vein I found was manganese (very rare) and the second was diamond :p
Consider me properly irritated ;)

You know, I do like the fact that GT oregen makes it possible to create actual mining sites dedicated to specific resources. It feels very realistic. However, the - sadly unavoidable - price for a player who dislikes underground prospecting in the first place is a little high. In my RR world, the only thing that makes exploring the underground bearable is that there is interesting stuff to find almost everywhere, even if it isn't much. Meanwhile, in Infitech walking all those empty cave systems can be outright depressing, and so far there hasn't been any great excitement about discovering a rare resource to make up for it (I mixed up manganese (Mn) with magnesium (Mg) in my earlier post). I'm going to try that "core-sampling" approach you recommended when I restart... It's no chore, no reward I guess, but one may still resent the time spent on the chore, right?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@Jason McRay
Thanks for the answers.

The reason I asked about power was that when I researched GT I got the impression that GT generators kinda suck. Can you use the GT distillery to distill Forestry Biomass into Ethanol and burn that in a Diesel generator? If so, that will change the picture.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
@Jason McRay
Thanks for the answers.

The reason I asked about power was that when I researched GT I got the impression that GT generators kinda suck. Can you use the GT distillery to distill Forestry Biomass into Ethanol and burn that in a Diesel generator? If so, that will change the picture.

Yes you can.