[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Now that you mention it...I misremembered that.

For one thing I've never managed to make a GT Boiler output from multiple fluid hatches. For another, the reason I've used multiple hatches is because the RC boiler only passively pushes out steam when its half-full, and I wanted to "pull" steam out to other hatches (using pipes mind you)

Yes, RC wants to push only when >50% full of steam. <50%, and you have to pull.

Also, I don't know of a way to get all the steam from a GT boiler *other than* directly adjacent to an RC tank since no piping system in this pack is capable of extracting that rate of steam from a single GT Output Hatch on a GT boiler. IIRC, the RC tank valves have unlimited throughput per valve. Rather, the throughput is limited by the pipe or whatever is connected to the valve.

Last edited:

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
If you use Mystcraft with this pack, please remove it. It's superbly unbalanced. Instead, use the mod RFTools. It's WAY more balanced. You need power to create dimensions, dimlets (Mystcraft pages equivalent) need power and a bunch of resources to craft, plus you need power to keep the dimension running. It also adds a bunch of machines, all useful and all have balanced recipes. It even has its own amazing wireless redstone system. It also has a manual to tell you how to make stuff. Definitely recommend it if you think Mystcraft is unbalanced and you want more uses for precious RF. I think the pack could use this mod, actually.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
I want to say something urgent: GT PLATES OUTPUT PLUTONIUM IN A CHEMICAL DECOMPOSER. I REPEAT, GT PLATES OUTPUT PLUTONIUM IN A CHEMICAL DECOMPOSER. This could lead to IC2 reactor exploits. If you put 9 plutonium in a compressor, you get a blutonium block. If you're fast enough, you can convert the blutonium blocks to ingots and then immediately put the blutonium ingots into a Big Reactors reactor, therefore leading to seriously easy power. This exploit is HUGELY important, as 6 Iron Ingots can lead to 9 million RF.

EDIT: The reason I found this was because I had so much extra Cyanite that I wanted to make Blutonium. I found that you can get Blutonium from GT Plutonium and looked for a bunch of ways to get GT Plutonium except looking for a vein. Found later that Enderium can be used for Minechem Plutonium, and shortly after that, found this. I also have a question. That is: Have you a reactor running off of Blutonium? And, what other exploits do you know about?

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
How many Mb/t of steam is the RC 36LP boiler capable of putting out when fully heated? Does 720Mb/t sound accurate? How does this contrast with the Large Bronze Boiler or Large Titanium Boiler? I'm having a difficult time finding the data all in the same terms, some say L/t others Mb/t, etc.

720mB/t is right.

LP is 10mb/t per boiler tank block - so 360mb/t per full sized low pressure boiler.
whatever an LP boiler puts out, you just double it for the HP boiler.

• And for reference pointer to the best of my knowledge, there are 20 "minecraft ticks" in one real world second. (http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tick)
  • so most of GT's values are in L/s - whatever a GT machine gives you as an output in L/s divide it by 20, so 10000L/s in railcrafts terminology is 500mb/t.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If you use Mystcraft with this pack, please remove it. It's superbly unbalanced. Instead, use the mod RFTools. It's WAY more balanced. You need power to create dimensions, dimlets (Mystcraft pages equivalent) need power and a bunch of resources to craft, plus you need power to keep the dimension running. It also adds a bunch of machines, all useful and all have balanced recipes. It even has its own amazing wireless redstone system. It also has a manual to tell you how to make stuff. Definitely recommend it if you think Mystcraft is unbalanced and you want more uses for precious RF. I think the pack could use this mod, actually.
I wouldn't presume to tell people how to enjoy their private game, but I do like that you're promoting a very under-known mod :)

I want to say something urgent: GT PLATES OUTPUT PLUTONIUM IN A CHEMICAL DECOMPOSER. I REPEAT, GT PLATES OUTPUT PLUTONIUM IN A CHEMICAL DECOMPOSER. This could lead to IC2 reactor exploits. If you put 9 plutonium in a compressor, you get a blutonium block. If you're fast enough, you can convert the blutonium blocks to ingots and then immediately put the blutonium ingots into a Big Reactors reactor, therefore leading to seriously easy power. This exploit is HUGELY important, as 6 Iron Ingots can lead to 9 million RF.

EDIT: The reason I found this was because I had so much extra Cyanite that I wanted to make Blutonium. I found that you can get Blutonium from GT Plutonium and looked for a bunch of ways to get GT Plutonium except looking for a vein. Found later that Enderium can be used for Minechem Plutonium, and shortly after that, found this. I also have a question. That is: Have you a reactor running off of Blutonium? And, what other exploits do you know about?
Absolutely tons of stuff in GT decomposes into stuff it shouldn't. Its already known.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Absolutely tons of stuff in GT decomposes into stuff it shouldn't. Its already known.
I know. The only known decomposing bug was for cellulose and GT dusts. Never has it been mentioned that plates decompose to plutonium. Xavion, who's working on the hardcoded minechem script, is only adding recipes for the dusts. This is a serious exploit, again, 6 iron ingots are worth around 9.26 million RF. I posted that because I suggested the removal of the decomposition recipe for gregtech:gt.metaitem.01, which would prevent the cellulose output for now. Then it was ignored, but I forgot to mention that in that post.
plus i think Xavion is taking a bit too long with the GT dusts there might be a lot but seriously its been too long

I wouldn't presume to tell people how to enjoy their private game, but I do like that you're promoting a very under-known mod:)
Oh come on, I said "please". Plus, you know Mystcraft is unbalanced, even with the instability aspect, and the fact that you need to find pages. I also think the instablility aspect was un-nerfed(anti-nerfed?) in 1.6.4.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I know. The only known decomposing bug was for cellulose and GT dusts. Never has it been mentioned that plates decompose to plutonium. Xavion, who's working on the hardcoded minechem script, is only adding recipes for the dusts. This is a serious exploit, again, 6 iron ingots are worth around 9.26 million RF. I posted that because I suggested the removal of the decomposition recipe for gregtech:gt.metaitem.01, which would prevent the cellulose output for now. Then it was ignored, but I forgot to mention that in that post.
plus i think Xavion is taking a bit too long with the GT dusts there might be a lot but seriously its been too long
Agreed regarding the exploit and good catch. Its definitely a big problem. REgarding Xavion's work (I couldn't remember his name, I wanted to refer to him earlier), if you've done any minetweaking stuff before you know it can be extremely tedious and timeconsuming, and its a million times worse with gregtech.

Oh come on, I said "please". Plus, you know Mystcraft is unbalanced, even with the instability aspect, and the fact that you need to find pages. I also think the instablility aspect was un-nerfed(anti-nerfed?) in 1.6.4.
100% agree on the unbalancing effect mystcraft can have on pretty much any non-kitchen-sink pack. I just don't like telling people playing PRIVATE games how to play their games, with or without manners. If they want mystcraft, tinkers construct, and mods that, say, summon gregtech machines out of thin air randomly, that's their prerogative. Telling them how to have fun is silly.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
We have mystcraft enabled in our server, but only for linking books. We can't create ages or any of the other functions, just simply linking books for faster/easier travel. Being able to get around and visit other people on the server quickly and easily is fun for us. The last vanilla server we played on we had elaborate nether portal systems with rails and a nether hub. It was all well and good, but really served little purpose beyond consuming time and resources.

Reactions: Pyure

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I got distracted and kinda forgot about minecraft, that's why it was delayed by a few weeks. Really it's just a matter of going through all the dusts in NEI and working out the correct outputs and ratios, sometimes I just don't bother though and approximate. So far it's only happened for red alloy ingots and steel but there are issues with GT's perfect splitting system and Minechem's 16 based system as they clash horribly, for example there is one carbon atom per 200 iron atoms in GT steel, that can't really be represented or balanced so I just left it no carbon as that's trivial to get and it makes things much simpler. On another hand the only farmable source of magic for the various source of magical elements are thaumium and ender pearls, it's required for a bunch of random stuff from mithril to nether stars.

One advantage of this slog though, once it's done once it basically doesn't need to be done again. Unless they change the composition of various metals or add alloys most of the list should still be valid, with a bit of a script you could probably even mass do it for all of the different parts, the only trick would be figuring out the id's they use and making a list of all metals which can be used for the parts but that's relatively easy with NEI dumps.

Basically though it's just motivation and laziness that was the issue, I've started again though, have to decide between trying to join the server and starting an SSP world to really get my going though, that and I want to actually start playing again. Anyone who goes on the server capable of recommending it? My main requirement is that it won't shutdown in a month, that's been a serious issue as every server I've ever tried has done so, admittedly I haven't tried more than a couple as it put my off.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
I got distracted and kinda forgot about minecraft, that's why it was delayed by a few weeks. Really it's just a matter of going through all the dusts in NEI and working out the correct outputs and ratios, sometimes I just don't bother though and approximate. So far it's only happened for red alloy ingots and steel but there are issues with GT's perfect splitting system and Minechem's 16 based system as they clash horribly, for example there is one carbon atom per 200 iron atoms in GT steel, that can't really be represented or balanced so I just left it no carbon as that's trivial to get and it makes things much simpler. On another hand the only farmable source of magic for the various source of magical elements are thaumium and ender pearls, it's required for a bunch of random stuff from mithril to nether stars.

One advantage of this slog though, once it's done once it basically doesn't need to be done again. Unless they change the composition of various metals or add alloys most of the list should still be valid, with a bit of a script you could probably even mass do it for all of the different parts, the only trick would be figuring out the id's they use and making a list of all metals which can be used for the parts but that's relatively easy with NEI dumps.

Basically though it's just motivation and laziness that was the issue, I've started again though, have to decide between trying to join the server and starting an SSP world to really get my going though, that and I want to actually start playing again. Anyone who goes on the server capable of recommending it? My main requirement is that it won't shutdown in a month, that's been a serious issue as every server I've ever tried has done so, admittedly I haven't tried more than a couple as it put my off.
I see your point. I think laziness gets to the best of us. I didn't really mean to insult you in any way, plus I can understand how hard it is to carry the weight of other people. I just finished a GT modpack inspired by this one, and in my minechem script files I have different elements called "mini-atoms". They turn into their original element when there's 16 of them synthesized. I simply add a zero to the element number and boom! I have a mini-element. This expands Minechem's 16 to 256. I would suggest that you would make the uneven alloys similar to real life. For example, Invar. It makes up to 15, 10 Iron and 5 Nickel, but realistically it would be 11 Iron and 5 Nickel, if that makes any sense. If you don't feel like doing it all by yourself, feel free to make a GitHub page where we can also contribute. I wanted to take the deed in the first place, but I was worried how much time it would take.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I use the chances, so for example Invar gets you 12 Iron and 6 Nickel but 11.2% of the time you get nothing. That combines with needing 32 Iron and 16 Nickel to synthesise ingots in lots of three causing it to balance out. Mini-atoms seem like they'd basically be the same thing only with more precise splits for decomposing and more inventory clogging, it's only when you get the really annoying splits like red alloy or steel where you have things like 0.5% carbon or whatever the horrific looking steel formulas that I haven't touched yet are. Garnet's look like a horror waiting to happen as well.

My current plan is try and charge through a mass of them and then throw the script up so anyone can look at it for mistakes or whatever. There is enough dusts I wouldn't be surprised if I did make some.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
We have mystcraft enabled in our server, but only for linking books. We can't create ages or any of the other functions, just simply linking books for faster/easier travel. Being able to get around and visit other people on the server quickly and easily is fun for us. The last vanilla server we played on we had elaborate nether portal systems with rails and a nether hub. It was all well and good, but really served little purpose beyond consuming time and resources.
There's a bunch of teleportation gadgets in this pack, you know. IC2 teleporters, GC short range telepads (requires huge amount of power though), EIO travel anchors, staffs of travel, ender rails & dimensional transceivers which have been enabled in 2.1.4 (though I'm guessing as a server you haven't updated yet). There's also the dirt cheap Relocators from GraviSuite, cuz everything from GraviSuite is cheap. I personally like the aspect of travelling on ground. Tracks and rails are also great ways of travel. I personally put farms next to my roads, so when I'm travelling somewhere, I actually keep myself busy.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
I use the chances, so for example Invar gets you 12 Iron and 6 Nickel but 11.2% of the time you get nothing. That combines with needing 32 Iron and 16 Nickel to synthesise ingots in lots of three causing it to balance out. Mini-atoms seem like they'd basically be the same thing only with more precise splits for decomposing and more inventory clogging, it's only when you get the really annoying splits like red alloy or steel where you have things like 0.5% carbon or whatever the horrific looking steel formulas that I haven't touched yet are. Garnet's look like a horror waiting to happen as well.

My current plan is try and charge through a mass of them and then throw the script up so anyone can look at it for mistakes or whatever. There is enough dusts I wouldn't be surprised if I did make some.
Well, with GT gems, you're pretty much screwed. You can, however, with the garnets, make them give the dusts they give when they are electrolyzed, like pyrope or almandine. They all exist within minechem. Topaz, olivine(peridot) and tanzanite all have their own molecules (1 each wouldn't be GregTech equivalent but would work). Sapphire and green sapphire have aluminum oxide(5 atoms), which is also a minechem chemical. This leaves us 1 atom with both. Green sapphire has a concentration of magnesium, and normal has a concentration of iron. Rubies would drop 3 aluminum oxide and 1 chromium. Jasper and Amber don't spawn, and they don't have a GT formula, so it's easy to do that. Just Google 'em. Opal and Glass both output Silicon Dioxide, but that's 3. A glass block outputs 16 silicon dioxide. A glass block, when hammered, turns into a glass crystal. Maybe 4 molecules per crystal. Opal, in real life, is a hydrated silica, which includes SiO2 and water. 4 SiO2, 1 water and 1 hydrogen atom should even it out.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
There's a bunch of teleportation gadgets in this pack, you know. IC2 teleporters, GC short range telepads (requires huge amount of power though), EIO travel anchors, staffs of travel, ender rails & dimensional transceivers which have been enabled in 2.1.4 (though I'm guessing as a server you haven't updated yet). There's also the dirt cheap Relocators from GraviSuite, cuz everything from GraviSuite is cheap. I personally like the aspect of travelling on ground. Tracks and rails are also great ways of travel. I personally put farms next to my roads, so when I'm travelling somewhere, I actually keep myself busy.
That's the beauty of minecraft. I like to use magic to teleport all over the place in an instant. And that's my prerogative :p

H

Hlaaftana

I came here through the Github page and I see that the BigReactors config file hasn't been touched. Did you know that you can enable steel instead of iron in recipes?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I came here through the Github page and I see that the BigReactors config file hasn't been touched. Did you know that you can enable steel instead of iron in recipes?
That config would make the machines require Steel Ingots. We aqre using Steel Plates. Also a lot of other recipes in BR are changed to our liking, so that config option is deprecated, because we use MineTweaker for all the recipes.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019

The official Infitech2 Server at infitech.enjin.com

I have NO intention of shutting it down anytime soon. Active server with active members and a nice community ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure and Fraction2

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to start producing nucelar power but i have a problem: Its not so easy to build a uranium reactor that can produce more energy than the centrifuging for U-235 needs. Now i need a maximum efficiency design for uranium cells (i will switch to mox as soon as possible due to U235) but all the design i can find are 2-3 years old and im sure they wont work anymore. Its unbelivable how bad actual documentation of IC2 is, most stuff is years old.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Jason, I found out I have a bee fetish. More bees! (Any thoughts on reintroducing Binnie's mods as part of the core InfiTech experience?)

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Jason, I found out I have a bee fetish. More bees! (Any thoughts on reintroducing Binnie's mods as part of the core InfiTech experience?)
isnt it packed in the modpack anyway? you simply have to enable it. the load time issue has vanished just consider yourself warned that Genetics is a little bit difficult to get started with :p