[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Man I wish I'd discovered the SAG mil so much earlier. Silicon's been killing me, mostly because I was getting it as a byproduct of using the entire GT macerate/ore wash/thermal centrifuge/hammer/centrifuge-electrolyzer method.
I plan to build a SAG mill shortly (after all I need to power something with all this Hootch my MFR tree farm has produced by way of apples), but for Silicon I just go to a Mesa biome, gather an inventory full of hardened clay, macerate it, and run the clay dust through electrolyzer. All the Lithium and Silicon I need right there.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Red and black granite are also great silicon (and aluminum !) sources.
Ooh! Finally a use for these. The black granite doesn't look too bad if you make it into bricks, but other than that I've mostly found both granite types to be a nuisance due to their reliance on tier 3 pickaxes.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
As far as connecting the RC turbine to my RC iron tank full of steam, it seems like the RC turbine needs 320Mb/t steam input. If I want to be able to turn the turbine off and on at will so I don't eat through rotors when I don't need the power capacity it seems a good method would be to use EnderIO pressurized liquid conduits connected to 4 valves on the RC iron tank and then set the input on the steam turbine to be redstone powered. Is there a better method for this? I guess the next level of EnderIO liquid conduit would be better but I am short on gold atm and don't want to produce these yet.

To the best of my knowledge; RC turbines scale damage with output, so when the turbines are running on low they suffer damage much more slowly.

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
I've looking years for casserite and havent found it..

I already have found:
100000 Lignite veins
10 Bauxite
3 Coal
15 Magnetite
5 Iron
3 Copper
2 Limonite
2 Sulfur
3 Chalcopyrite
2 Redstone
2 Rock Salt
1 Gold
3 Quartz

And yes Im looking between 60-120 layers, this really sucks..

Reactions: Pyure

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
So tonight we figured out how to automate our Bronze Blast Furnaces with EnderIO item pipes and 4 JABBA barrels. With a dimensional anchor installed I'm going to need to set up an iron golem farm now heh.

I also started doing a bit more advanced ore processing with an ore washer and electromagnetic separator. I also finally built my 36LP boiler running off creosote.

To the best of my knowledge; RC turbines scale damage with output, so when the turbines are running on low they suffer damage much more slowly.

That's certainly good to hear. I should be able to install this tomorrow night. I want to test out the transformers and such in a SP world before I install something with that high of voltage in my SMP instance. I've had enough explosions for a while.

I've looking years for casserite and havent found it..
<snip>
And yes Im looking between 60-120 layers, this really sucks..

If you're able to check the Nether. I got relatively lucky and found tin right off directly next to my base. But I depleted that vein by the time I got to HV. I went to the nether and within minutes found a 3x3 chunk vein of tin. Also, the tin is fairly difficult to spot, consider installing a gregtech specific resource pack to make the ore stand out more.

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
If you're able to check the Nether. I got relatively lucky and found tin right off directly next to my base. But I depleted that vein by the time I got to HV. I went to the nether and within minutes found a 3x3 chunk vein of tin. Also, the tin is fairly difficult to spot, consider installing a gregtech specific resource pack to make the ore stand out more.

It isn't that hard to spot, I check how it look with creative mode before my journey and Im 100% sure I havent missed any casserite/tin ore

But Im gonna try to explore the nether world for tin, thanks

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
It isn't that hard to spot, I check how it look with creative mode before my journey and Im 100% sure I havent missed any casserite/tin ore

But Im gonna try to explore the nether world for tin, thanks

Also note Tin/Cassiterite spawns between Y=40 and Y=120. It used to spawn only at Y=80 and above.

I found my 1st Tin vein by exploring/digging in a relatively shallow/flat biome.

Zarifeke

Jul 29, 2019
The dimensional transceiver recipe is using the Capacitor Bank (Deprecated), which is uncraftable. Tried replacing it with the other capacitor banks, but those don't work. And the RF Stargate Power Unit recipe is also using the deprecated capacitor bank.

Reactions: Jason McRay

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
How many Mb/t of steam is the RC 36LP boiler capable of putting out when fully heated? Does 720Mb/t sound accurate? How does this contrast with the Large Bronze Boiler or Large Titanium Boiler? I'm having a difficult time finding the data all in the same terms, some say L/t others Mb/t, etc.

Obviously there are fuel efficiency differences between these, just trying to figure out how many boilers and of which type I need to power my industry properly now and into the future. Also trying to figure out the best solutions for extracting steam into my RC steam tank.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh ok. Looks like I need to use something better than pressurized EnderIO liquid conduits for the RC 36LP then. I guess it's time to start actually doing as Chloe says in her video and use GT pipes with properly controlled flow.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ahh ok. Looks like I need to use something better than pressurized EnderIO liquid conduits for the RC 36LP then. I guess it's time to start actually doing as Chloe says in her video and use GT pipes with properly controlled flow.
The ideal scenario is to press the boilers flush up against the receiver. You'll lose no steam that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: MigukNamja

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
The dimensional transceiver recipe is using the Capacitor Bank (Deprecated), which is uncraftable. Tried replacing it with the other capacitor banks, but those don't work. And the RF Stargate Power Unit recipe is also using the deprecated capacitor bank.
Oh whoops, sorry... Thanks for letting me know

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
The idea scenario is to press the boilers flush up against the receiver. You'll lose no steam that way.

@Dlur100

Yes, exactly what @Pyure said. The GT and the RC boilers both "push" the steam out and they both are able to push out 100% if they are flush next to an RC tank.

The eIO conduits have no throughput limit on the *network*, but rather are limited by *connection*. In contrast, GT and BC pipes have per-block limits and per-block updates. I think the GT pipes look cool as hell and are slightly more realistic in some fashions. The "sloshing" of steam isn't anywhere close to realistic, but the per-block throughput limits are.

But, if you're looking for 100% reliability and predictability, I'd use the eIO conduits. Just make enough connections on the boiler to extract all the steam it produces. Likewise, make sure you have enough connections on the RC tank to dump all the steam in.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I do have my Large GT boiler flush to the RC tank, and that seems to work great. I guess it's not a big deal to relocate my RC boiler so I can place it flush, just some more re-design :) I guess while I'm at it I should design in a spot to install a Large Titanium boiler as well, or I suppose I could just build all the pieces for it ahead of time and swap it in where my Large Bronze Boiler is now. I don't really see any reason to go through the Large Steel Boiler, but the Titanium one seems like a good enough jump in steam production to merit construction for peak demand situations. Also when i do that I'll need to go look back through this thread for how to monitor the RC tank with BC gates and then trigger the boiler through a ULV hatch, at least I think that's what I remember reading.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure the larger RC boilers and all GT boilers will overwhelm a single RC Tank valve and cause a bottleneck. I always have to use multiple valves.

I have three output hatches lined up with three RC tank valves, but the animation of steam is only on the bottom one, leading me to believe only the bottom hatch is being used. And, it's a Tungstensteel outputting prodigious steam.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I have three output hatches lined up with three RC tank valves, but the animation of steam is only on the bottom one, leading me to believe only the bottom hatch is being used. And, it's a Tungstensteel outputting prodigious steam.
Now that you mention it...I misremembered that.

For one thing I've never managed to make a GT Boiler output from multiple fluid hatches. For another, the reason I've used multiple hatches is because the RC boiler only passively pushes out steam when its half-full, and I wanted to "pull" steam out to other hatches (using pipes mind you)

Reactions: MigukNamja