[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Im just about managing to run my 2 LP boilers on 24 coke ovens, i'm not losing creosote - but the surplus of charcoal is staggering.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I just completed automating my yellorium supply with bees and boy was it a hassle. Took about a week to breed into yellorium, even using both gendustry and genetics. The farther I got into it the deeper that hole got. Labware is very expensive, I think I burned maybe 5 stacks of diamonds between building the gendustry machines and making the labware. I made a full suite of genetics machines, as that is what I was familiar with before, but with the way Binnie has taken that mod it takes days and days to sequence the traits now, and couple that with the fact you can no longer inoculate drones, kinda makes gendustry a far better (though much more expensive in power/diamonds) option.

Making alvearys as usual was a pain, buckets and buckets of seed oil. Finally, after a week, I've got my a 9x9 big reactor coupled with two 5x5x15 turbines each kicking 6.2k rf/t. Not as efficient as possible, but fits in my base, and I've got the frames set up for 2x more turbines. I have rods inserted at 89%, as that's all the steam I use. Takes 12 alvearys with production-chipped electrical stimulators to produce enough yellorium for that setup. I've room to expand, but no need for that much power as of yet.

I made a little 3x3x3 "breeder" for my cyanite, it burns a stack of yellorium in about 45 minutes I guess. I spent about 80 hours of playtime breeding a decent bee the "vanilla" forestry way (rocky+wintry for 4x fertility and cultivated for shortest lifespan to start with) then digging up enough pristine princesses for the whole operation... So I wasn't really paying attention to the burn rate, as I had a chest of yellorium feeding it.

Somewhat disappointed in the production speed of my yellorium bees with "fast" trait, alvearys and chipped electrical stimulators (+200% production speed). I find that the alveary transmissions are abit laggy in opis, and to scale up for an all-out reactor would probably take around 30 alvearys.

Remember to stuff your big reactor with moderators for cooling, since we don't have enderium, I'd use diamond blocks for between rods, and graphite around the core to the wall. Luckily had plenty laying around since Gendustry really ate my diamond supply up. Had to mine out 3 veins.

Discovered the Sag Mill far too late to really put it to use... by far the best processor for coal/diamond/yellorite ores.

Reactions: Pyure

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
I spent about 80 hours of playtime breeding a decent bee the "vanilla" forestry way (rocky+wintry for 4x fertility and cultivated for shortest lifespan to start with) then digging up enough pristine princesses for the whole operation... So I wasn't really paying attention to the burn rate, as I had a chest of yellorium feeding it.

I'm curious if you were aware of the Gendustry's sample/template/imprinting mechanic, it makes it really easy to make super bees, and compared to cross-breeding, rather cheap.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Im currently struggeling with water supply since i want to upgrade my solar steam boiler farm. I havent found any information about how much water a railcraft watertank is producing per tick (i know its somehow related to the biome) so i cant calculate how much tanks i would need per solar boiler. Im currently in a rainforestbiome, so i think i get quite much water for a water tank but even then its not enough for a single BC combustion engine...

Is there a list of water/tick for all biomes? Or other, faster ways to generate water?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Im currently struggeling with water supply since i want to upgrade my solar steam boiler farm. I havent found any information about how much water a railcraft watertank is producing per tick (i know its somehow related to the biome) so i cant calculate how much tanks i would need per solar boiler. Im currently in a rainforestbiome, so i think i get quite much water for a water tank but even then its not enough for a single BC combustion engine...

Is there a list of water/tick for all biomes? Or other, faster ways to generate water?
I don't have a list handy unfortunately, but you're right, its very biome-dependant. Sometimes just placing it in an ocean or river is better than whatever you currently have nearby.

Once you get a bit further into the game, you want to look into building EnderIO reservoirs. They require the enderio Alloy Smelter though and a bunch of nether quartz.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently running a Large Bronze Boiler, 2 little HP boilers, 2 LP steam boiles, 2 MFR tree farms, an EnderIO vat, and a couple of EnderIO tanks that I use next to my cauldrons instead of having 2x2 infinite water pools around. All of this is powered by a single BC pump powered by 4 redstone engines placed in a small 1 deep pool under my base. I'm to the point where I could build a few EnderIO reservoirs so I didn't have as much pipe going everywhere, but everything just works. Now, this probably works because our server has infinite water sources turned on in the config.

Another option though might be to build a RC iron tank as a water buffer near your solar farm and pump water into it from various sources so that you always have a supply on hand.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm currently running a Large Bronze Boiler, 2 little HP boilers, 2 LP steam boiles, 2 MFR tree farms, an EnderIO vat, and a couple of EnderIO tanks that I use next to my cauldrons instead of having 2x2 infinite water pools around. All of this is powered by a single BC pump powered by 4 redstone engines placed in a small 1 deep pool under my base. I'm to the point where I could build a few EnderIO reservoirs so I didn't have as much pipe going everywhere, but everything just works. Now, this probably works because our server has infinite water sources turned on in the config.
This definitely works because you turned on infinite water. :)

Infinite water is disabled specifically to create water creation and distribution dilemmas (and remove the insane unrealism of watering the world from a 2x2). This is pretty common in medium/high difficulty packs these days (although never in newbie or kitchen-sink packs obviously.)

I can't actually imagine playing anymore where I could just yawn, plonk down some water somewhere and call it infinite :p

Reactions: Grove

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I can't actually imagine playing anymore where I could just yawn, plonk down some water somewhere and call it infinite :p

I can certainly see how this would add to the challenge. Not my server and not my choice though, so I'll take advantage of the infinite water while the water's infinite :)

I managed to completely finish the rebuild of my "factory" in my base after the explosion 2 days ago. I even built a RC steam turbine, but it's not piped/wired in yet as I still need to build transformers and a MFSE or two. As far as connecting the RC turbine to my RC iron tank full of steam, it seems like the RC turbine needs 320Mb/t steam input. If I want to be able to turn the turbine off and on at will so I don't eat through rotors when I don't need the power capacity it seems a good method would be to use EnderIO pressurized liquid conduits connected to 4 valves on the RC iron tank and then set the input on the steam turbine to be redstone powered. Is there a better method for this? I guess the next level of EnderIO liquid conduit would be better but I am short on gold atm and don't want to produce these yet.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I managed to completely finish the rebuild of my "factory" in my base after the explosion 2 days ago. I even built a RC steam turbine, but it's not piped/wired in yet as I still need to build transformers and a MFSE or two. As far as connecting the RC turbine to my RC iron tank full of steam, it seems like the RC turbine needs 320Mb/t steam input. If I want to be able to turn the turbine off and on at will so I don't eat through rotors when I don't need the power capacity it seems a good method would be to use EnderIO pressurized liquid conduits connected to 4 valves on the RC iron tank and then set the input on the steam turbine to be redstone powered. Is there a better method for this? I guess the next level of EnderIO liquid conduit would be better but I am short on gold atm and don't want to produce these yet.
If the turbine can't send power anywhere, it actually shuts itself off, so most people don't bother doing this. That said, sometimes you may want to produce power from another source (because you have too little steam and/or too much of something else), so your approach is bang on. You've also noticed the limited extraction volume on the pressurized fluid pipe, good :)

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
So I built an electric jetpack that I'll eventually install in my advanced nano body armor (little broke on resources right now though). I can charge my nano armor in a HV battery buffer just fine it seems. But I can't charge the jetpack in any GT device from what I can tell. I'm in the process of building an MFSU, which it states will charge this, but that's pretty resource intensive right now too. Is there another, less expensive, way to charge the electric jetpack?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So I built an electric jetpack that I'll eventually install in my advanced nano body armor (little broke on resources right now though). I can charge my nano armor in a HV battery buffer just fine it seems. But I can't charge the jetpack in any GT device from what I can tell. I'm in the process of building an MFSU, which it states will charge this, but that's pretty resource intensive right now too. Is there another, less expensive, way to charge the electric jetpack?
i'd test this in single player if I were you. But iirc a simple batbox should charge a jetpack.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Im thinking about Radioisotope generators for renewable lategame energy. The plutonium would come from a mox reactor i use when my buffers are empty...

Im not sure if there is a more efficient way to convert the thermal power to energy (e.g. with steam) but min. 32eu/t per block are a good energy density when compared to a setup with boilers (and coke ovens) or bees producing something.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Im thinking about Radioisotope generators for renewable lategame energy. The plutonium would come from a mox reactor i use when my buffers are empty...

Im not sure if there is a more efficient way to convert the thermal power to energy (e.g. with steam) but min. 32eu/t per block are a good energy density when compared to a setup with boilers (and coke ovens) or bees producing something.

IRL the RTG is used to power things like the Voyager space probes and curiosity, the former USSR used them to power lighthouses too - they generate power through thermocouples and are not an incredibly efficient source of power (about 15% at peak of the heat is converted into usable electrical power, so roughly 200 watts per module?) - lifespan is longer than your dog though, Voyager is still sending back data - honestly though if you were to compare them to IC2's solar panels, they're a little on the ridiculous side for total output, even if they are rather expensive on time and iron.
I'm not entirely sure if you could actually use an RTG to make steam, everything i can dig up says these devices are basically thermal batteries and arnt really all that suited for conventional power generation, since they rely on a sealed, uncooled module to generate what little power that they do - one thing to note about RTG's is that they usually contain spent plutonium 238 in the form of plutonium dioxide (Pu02) emphasise the word "Spent".

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
i'd test this in single player if I were you. But iirc a simple batbox should charge a jetpack.

Yeah, an early-game IC2 jetpack is amazing. The charge doesn't last long, but is usually all you need to traverse difficult terrain (like the Nether !) with ease.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Progress was made
Yeah, an early-game IC2 jetpack is amazing. The charge doesn't last long, but is usually all you need to traverse difficult terrain (like the Nether !) with ease.
Yesterday I was having problems with charging the IC2 jetpack. Today I'm sporting Advanced Nanosuit Armor. Time flies :) Now once my lag clears I can use it to go to the nether and collect enough glowstone and ash (for coal->coal blocks) so I can actually finish my universal macerator.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Man I wish I'd discovered the SAG mil so much earlier. Silicon's been killing me, mostly because I was getting it as a byproduct of using the entire GT macerate/ore wash/thermal centrifuge/hammer/centrifuge-electrolyzer method.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack updated to v2.1.4 - GregTech Ore Guide book is back!
Updated Mods:
- 3D Furnace to 1.4
- Bdlib to 1.6.4.49
- Buildcraft to 6.3.7
- Chisel 2 to 2.3.7.34
- Computronics to 1.4.2
- EnderIO to 2.2.8.351
- ExtraCells to 2.2.55b85
- Galacticraft to 3.0.8.267
- Gendustry to 1.4.7.64
- Jabba to 1.2.1
- LogisticsPipes to 0.8.3.101
- Minechem to 5.0.5.387
- NEIAddons to 1.12.4.16
- NEIIntegration to 1.0.7
- OpenBlocks to 1.3-566
- Open Computers to 1.5.0.6
- PneumaticCraft to 1.6.1-62
- ProjectRed to 4.5.12.64
- SRM to 4.7.1.409
- SGCraft to 1.9.1
- Thaumcraft to 4.2.3.5
- ThaumicTinkerer to 2.5-469
- ttCore to 0.1.0-67
- Yampst-InfiTech 2 to 2.14

New Mods:
- Enchiridion 2

Removed Mods:
-ChiselFacades (due to being redundant, BC is adding facades for chisel on its own)

Config changes/fixes:
- Added a GT oregen guide book back (GregTech Ore Guide)
- Enabled Dimensional Transceivers
- Enabled Ender Rails
- Added few crushed ores to Forestry backpacks

List of items missing in update 2.1.3 => 2.1.4:
- chisel:chest* (32 entries)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Modpack updated to v2.1.4 - GregTech Ore Guide book is back!
Updated Mods:
- 3D Furnace to 1.4
- Bdlib to 1.6.4.49
- Buildcraft to 6.3.7
- Chisel 2 to 2.3.7.34
- Computronics to 1.4.2
- EnderIO to 2.2.8.351
- ExtraCells to 2.2.55b85
- Galacticraft to 3.0.8.267
- Gendustry to 1.4.7.64
- Jabba to 1.2.1
- LogisticsPipes to 0.8.3.101
- Minechem to 5.0.5.387
- NEIAddons to 1.12.4.16
- NEIIntegration to 1.0.7
- OpenBlocks to 1.3-566
- Open Computers to 1.5.0.6
- PneumaticCraft to 1.6.1-62
- ProjectRed to 4.5.12.64
- SRM to 4.7.1.409
- SGCraft to 1.9.1
- Thaumcraft to 4.2.3.5
- ThaumicTinkerer to 2.5-469
- ttCore to 0.1.0-67
- Yampst-InfiTech 2 to 2.14

New Mods:
- Enchiridion 2

Removed Mods:
-ChiselFacades (due to being redundant, BC is adding facades for chisel on its own)

Config changes/fixes:
- Added a GT oregen guide book back (GregTech Ore Guide)
- Enabled Dimensional Transceivers
- Enabled Ender Rails
- Added few crushed ores to Forestry backpacks

List of items missing in update 2.1.3 => 2.1.4:
- chisel:chest* (32 entries)
dimensional transceivers are back? neato. Who twisted your arm?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
dimensional transceivers are back? neato. Who twisted your arm?
I did :) They are still expensive and requires 105RF/t to keep the connections open and power loss when teleporting power is 90%, so that isnt really worth it.
The main issue with not having reliable item/fluid teleportation is on the servers. When ppl are building massive Railcraft/Nether portal hubs... it is not good for server itself. A lot of Lag and other sh*t.

And I started to love Ender Rails, and they require Dim Transceiver to be available. I made a little suggestion to CrazyPants to let us disable in the configs item/fluid transportation and leave it directly on Rails only... Will see how it will goes :)