[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have some sort of progression guide? So far all I've done is make a coke oven for charcoal and looked tirelessly for ore in an extreme hills biome. I'm kind of not sure what to start crafting or how I'm supposed to gather more ore...than just with a stone pick.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_suVZdSI91JimQTsgR3ejRt1HbxOM87Sh1OO2Fou6zM/preview?sle=true - It is VERY WELL written, I have it also printed on my desk :)

Anyway... For others little peak on what I am currently working on:

- It will be clickable aswell :)

DaviePatriots

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks bunches for the information guys! One last thing, can anyone tell me the difference between the impure piles of iron/copper/etc vs crushed I get when mining the ores? Can both be grinded or doubled?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks bunches for the information guys! One last thing, can anyone tell me the difference between the impure piles of iron/copper/etc vs crushed I get when mining the ores? Can both be grinded or doubled?

In general, they can't be "doubled" after impure or crushed. Only the whole ore blocks can be "doubled". The exception are things which benefit greatly from the Chemical Bath, such as Silver, Gold, Magnetite, and Copper. The Sifter can also almost crushed double gem ores, like Lapis and Diamond.

And, crushed ores are higher up in the chain, closer to the raw ore, than the impure dusts are.

A lot of GregTech is centered around the convoluted ore-processing chain.Getting closer to optimal efficiency requires climbing the tiers and using exponentially more power. But, most of the gains can be had with just LV (32v) machines like the hammer, macerator, ore washer, chemical bath, sifter, and centrifuge.

DaviePatriots

Jul 29, 2019
In general, they can't be "doubled" after impure or crushed. Only the whole ore blocks can be "doubled". The exception are things which benefit greatly from the Chemical Bath, such as Silver, Gold, Magnetite, and Copper. The Sifter can also almost crushed double gem ores, like Lapis and Diamond.

And, crushed ores are higher up in the chain, closer to the raw ore, than the impure dusts are.

A lot of GregTech is centered around the convoluted ore-processing chain.Getting closer to optimal efficiency requires climbing the tiers and using exponentially more power. But, most of the gains can be had with just LV (32v) machines like the hammer, macerator, ore washer, chemical bath, sifter, and centrifuge.

Hmmm ok. So why am I only getting the impure and crushed and not the ore block. Is it because I'm using a stone pick or because I've just mined the "small" versions of the ore?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm ok. So why am I only getting the impure and crushed and not the ore block. Is it because I'm using a stone pick or because I've just mined the "small" versions of the ore?

The "small". Even a Silk Touch pickaxe won't drop the ore block. The ore blocks are only found in the large veins. And, large is an understatement. You will know it when you've found a large :)

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Multimine causes the same problems that smart moving does, ive noticed - i get the desyncs just mining with my staff sometimes though, and we dont even have multimine do we @MigukNamja ?

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019

I tried to a find meme picture for 'It's a ______ thing. You wouldn't understand."

But, I failed.

shipment-of-fail.jpg

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
Can you add some kind of ore radar too ? I still can't find damn tungstate and iridium :p

The book looks great :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Nope :p
(remake the world with same seed, type "/cofh clearblocks Azkeel 100 200 100 lava water stone dirt grass sand gravel" without the quotes, prey you dont have sh*t computer, wait few seconds, and enjoy the view)