[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
@starwolf, let me know how you make out with this. I'm curious which blocks you end up being able to use.

fwiw, I had to do the following progression as my tech improved over time:
* Gold Blocks
* Fluxed Electrum Blocks
* Ludicrite Blocks

I think a full rack of fluxed electrum made a 12k rf/t turbine. Ludicrite makes a 16k rf/t turbine. All values are give and take and depend on the various normal stuff, ymmv, blah blah.

Gold I have in spades. Needed alot of iron for my reactor, and a couple of magnetite veins worked handily providing the oxygen/iron for the EBF. Rather like the new oregen, as it enables a more "surgical" use of the quarry.

Actually I'm thinking about Thermal Foundation, which basically just adds the ingots/fluids/blocks that are missing from this modpack without adding the machines/tech/tools. driving me nuts that everytime I'm looking up info on big reactors we're missing the required fluids/blocks.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
What is HQM?

While im building my Forestry Multifarm im thinking about my next steps:
I can build a Electrical Blast Furnace soon, i allrady crafted all the blocks, only the powersource is missing (i think i will use dieselengines) but im not sure what i will do in GT after that. Whats the advantage of higher tier GT machines? There are some recepies that require more than LV but other than that? How is an EV machine better than an MV machine?

Also im thinking about better armor than my current steel armor. There is Dark Steel armor, Nano/Quantumsuit armor and also something from pneumatic craft. What do you use and what do you think is the best when it comes to price/performance?

Is there a way to convert RF to EU (from GT or IC)?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Actually I'm thinking about Thermal Foundation, which basically just adds the ingots/fluids/blocks that are missing from this modpack without adding the machines/tech/tools. driving me nuts that everytime I'm looking up info on big reactors we're missing the required fluids/blocks.
Well let me know what you pull off w/o adding mods anyway :p

What is HQM?

While im building my Forestry Multifarm im thinking about my next steps:
I can build a Electrical Blast Furnace soon, i allrady crafted all the blocks, only the powersource is missing (i think i will use dieselengines) but im not sure what i will do in GT after that. Whats the advantage of higher tier GT machines? There are some recepies that require more than LV but other than that? How is an EV machine better than an MV machine?

Also im thinking about better armor than my current steel armor. There is Dark Steel armor, Nano/Quantumsuit armor and also something from pneumatic craft. What do you use and what do you think is the best when it comes to price/performance?

Is there a way to convert RF to EU (from GT or IC)?
HQM: Hardcore quest mode (sometimes hardcore quest map). Typically a pack with a quest book. Really fun for scenario-type modpacks such as Agrarian Skies. Often (but not necessarily) with dead-is-dead (You can only die once). I doubt Jason will implement dead-is-dead :) See http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/77027-hardcore-questing-mode

Higher tier machines: For the most part, they run twice as fast while consuming 4x the energy. The benefit of that is miniaturization: you can fit more machines into a given space. Also: some recipes demand higher voltage which only these higher-tier machines can consume. Lastly, some machines (such as universal pulverizers) provide bonus outputs over their lower-tier counter parts.

Armor: tons of options. I'm probably going to be using advanced nano-armor since it operates as both jetpack and battery. Boots of the Traveller because it provides excellent walking-speed improvements. Dark Steel (enchanted) for the rest most of the time.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Alas, I believe I'm far away from Ludicrite at the moment. Now if Only I could find a use for this chest full of platinum :p

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019

Armor: tons of options. I'm probably going to be using advanced nano-armor since it operates as both jetpack and battery. Boots of the Traveller because it provides excellent walking-speed improvements. Dark Steel (enchanted) for the rest most of the time.

I've actually found myself hesitant to upgrade my armor... I spent a bit of time and bred myself a 3.5 block jumping horse, I've a basic electric jetpack I use for sticky situations, but I'm trying not to progress to flight for awhile, at least until near-endgame. I've set biomesize in my world to large biomes, so I have to cross a couple of thousand blocks to get to certain places, Like the nearest desert in my world is 6k away. Made getting those modest/frugal bees a pain, but I find the world more expansive.

Might actually give thaumcraft a try for once... I've never really found it my cup of tea, and usually find ways of getting along without it... it's just that crimson cult is so damn cool

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Gold I have in spades. Needed alot of iron for my reactor, and a couple of magnetite veins worked handily providing the oxygen/iron for the EBF. Rather like the new oregen, as it enables a more "surgical" use of the quarry.

I had Thermal Foundation planned on adding it, but I remember running into more than one issue. I wanted to take a look onto it (exactly because of Big Reactors coolants), but I kinda got sidetracked by something else and never went back to it. I might consider adding this into IT:R.

And no i dont really remember what was the issue :)

HQM: Hardcore quest mode (sometimes hardcore quest map). Typically a pack with a quest book. Really fun for scenario-type modpacks such as Agrarian Skies. Often (but not necessarily) with dead-is-dead (You can only die once). I doubt Jason will implement dead-is-dead :) See http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/77027-hardcore-questing-mode
If you all will be mean to me, i will implement it :D With that also Environme (water, air purity, sanity, etc...) and Special Mobs with Infernal Mobs, so you will not be able to do any machinery at all :D

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I had Thermal Foundation planned on adding it, but I remember running into more than one issue. I wanted to take a look onto it (exactly because of Big Reactors coolants), but I kinda got sidetracked by something else and never went back to it. I might consider adding this into IT:R.

And no i dont really remember what was the issue :)

If you all will be mean to me, i will implement it :D With that also Environme (water, air purity, sanity, etc...) and Special Mobs with Infernal Mobs, so you will not be able to do any machinery at all :D

I'm digging around with it in singleplayer right now Jason. it seems to boot right up with no conflicts. I'm really no good with minetweaker, it's kinda new to me. If I find something I'll post it here.

Alifalafel

Jul 29, 2019
Found a repeatable crash...Every time I try to look at either Ashes or Dark Ashes in NEI and go to the Chemical Decomposer, the game freezes permanently. Anyone else experienced this?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Found a repeatable crash...Every time I try to look at either Ashes or Dark Ashes in NEI and go to the Chemical Decomposer, the game freezes permanently. Anyone else experienced this?
NEI actually freezes permanently on the Decomposer for a ton of GT-related stuff randomly. Not sure if this is even in Jason's power to tweak.

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working towards building a larger RC boiler, but I haven't found a nether fortress yet. Reading through online documentation it would seem I should be able to collect Cinderpearl and craft it to blaze powder, however this doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing this function of Thaumcraft is disabled for balance purposes or is this an undocumented feature? Our server is running 2.0.10 I believe.

Also, regarding Nano armor, is it possible to just wear the chestplate and leggings and then wear other boots and headgear or must it be the entire suit to get the protective benefits of the nano armor? I started looking into the Nano armor, and immediately shed a few tears for all of the tiny piles of ash that I had tossed in a void chest because I ran out of room to store it :(

We also discovered that fish traps are pretty great. If you've got a couple slime balls to make leads they are dirt cheap to make. I put 3 of them in a small pond in my base. In one night I filled 2 double chests full of fish, saddles, glass bottles (handy for the MystCraft that has been added to our server), and also a bunch of trash. I've also filled another double chest with enchanted bows, fishing rods, and enchanted books. I haven't even built an enchanting table yet and I have 4 Inifinity bows. I was figuring on building a redstone powered fishing machine for AFKing sooner or later, but no need now. I might still build a ThaumCraft golem fishery though since then I could have them pick up only the desirable loot (enchanted books).

Other than that kudos to the InfiTech team. I haven't been this hooked on a game in a while, and I'm just barely touching the tip of the MV stage. My sleep schedule hates you though :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm working towards building a larger RC boiler, but I haven't found a nether fortress yet. Reading through online documentation it would seem I should be able to collect Cinderpearl and craft it to blaze powder, however this doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing this function of Thaumcraft is disabled for balance purposes or is this an undocumented feature? Our server is running 2.0.10 I believe.

Also, regarding Nano armor, is it possible to just wear the chestplate and leggings and then wear other boots and headgear or must it be the entire suit to get the protective benefits of the nano armor? I started looking into the Nano armor, and immediately shed a few tears for all of the tiny piles of ash that I had tossed in a void chest because I ran out of room to store it :(

We also discovered that fish traps are pretty great. If you've got a couple slime balls to make leads they are dirt cheap to make. I put 3 of them in a small pond in my base. In one night I filled 2 double chests full of fish, saddles, glass bottles (handy for the MystCraft that has been added to our server), and also a bunch of trash. I've also filled another double chest with enchanted bows, fishing rods, and enchanted books. I haven't even built an enchanting table yet and I have 4 Inifinity bows. I was figuring on building a redstone powered fishing machine for AFKing sooner or later, but no need now. I might still build a ThaumCraft golem fishery though since then I could have them pick up only the desirable loot (enchanted books).

Other than that kudos to the InfiTech team. I haven't been this hooked on a game in a while, and I'm just barely touching the tip of the MV stage. My sleep schedule hates you though :p
cinderpearl: definitely disabled a couple months ago
nano armor: not sure if you get any protection from just one piece but I'll be using it regardless. Maybe you can enchant it with protection, not sure

What mod is this fishtrap from? sounds neato.

edit: also, if you want blaze powder, there's an IC2 crop for that (blazereed)

Reactions: MigukNamja

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Growthcraft. Gonna try one myself. Been fishing up my slimeballs with raw jellyfish from fishing. This sounds much better if it catches them automatically

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
cinderpearl: definitely disabled a couple months ago
nano armor: not sure if you get any protection from just one piece but I'll be using it regardless. Maybe you can enchant it with protection, not sure

What mod is this fishtrap from? sounds neato.

edit: also, if you want blaze powder, there's an IC2 crop for that (blazereed)

Maybe I'll just build a full set of nano armor to play with. I've been more interested in thaumcraft and bees the last few days, but I did finally finish my MFR tree farm last night so that I don't have to manually harvest trees every 5 minutes to feed my coke ovens. Now that I've got an automatic tree farm I need more coke ovens it seems as I am producing wood at least 4x faster than 9 coke ovens can process.

Fish Trap is GrowthCraft.

I started looking into IC2 crops. I really should look further, but I just started breeding bees and trees. Will my brain be able to handle more genetics? We shall see!

I find it difficult to focus on any one aspect of this mod pack. There's so many possible ways to do things that I distracted by something n..oh, look a shiny!

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

NEI actually freezes permanently on the Decomposer for a ton of GT-related stuff randomly. Not sure if this is even in Jason's power to tweak.

This is unfortunately forever-present bug. And its because Minechem and GT doesnt go 100% well with each other, without required scripts which, i hope they still are being put together by @Xavion (yes I am keen on knowing the actuall progress) :)

Although I am for the time being considering disabling the NEI support for Minechem Decomp/Synth, to prevent these annoying crashes, when you are just looking through nei and stuff

edit: If you or anyone else want to do it in advance to prevent these "mis-crashes": https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/blob/master/config/minechem.cfg#L84 This line is what you want to set to false in your clients/servers

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
So, anyone else feel Project Red - Exploration is a little... undercooked? I've encountered multiple basalt volcanoes that trace chunk borders leading to non-natural looking volcanoes. The flowers disappear on occasion. (It might be something I'm doing wrong with the flowers, I have no clue.)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
So, anyone else feel Project Red - Exploration is a little... undercooked? I've encountered multiple basalt volcanoes that trace chunk borders leading to non-natural looking volcanoes. The flowers disappear on occasion. (It might be something I'm doing wrong with the flowers, I have no clue.)
Volcano: That is just minecraft/forge being broken.

Flowers: What flowers?

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Volcano: That is just minecraft/forge being broken.

Flowers: What flowers?
2015-02-20_17.20.39.png