[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack has been updated to v2.1.3
Forge updated to 10.13.2.1263

Updated Mods:
- Automagy to 10.19.3
- Bdlib to 1.6.2.41
- Binnie Mods to 2.0-pre6b
- BOP to 2.1.0.1067
- Computronics to 1.4.1
- CustomStuff2 to 0.11.15
- EnderIO to 2.2.8.350
- Galacticraft to 3.0.8.264
- Gendustry to 1.4.5.56
- IHL to 0.527
- IC2 to 2.2.676
- Minechem to 5.0.5.384
- NEIAddons to 1.12.4.15
- OpenBlocks to 1.3-564
- OpenModsLib to 0.6-315
- PneumaticCraft to 1.5.6-59
- ProjectRed to 4.5.11.62
- Railcraft to 9.5.0.0
- RefinedRelocation to 1.0.7f
- SRM to 4.7.1.404
- SuperCraftingFrame to 1.7.10.3
- ttCore to 0.1.0-66
- Waila to 1.5.9
- Yampst-InfiTech 2 to 2.1.3

New Mods:
- Fastcraft
- GemBlocksForGreg
- Somnia (disabled per default)

Config changes/fixes:
- Fixed: Refined Relocation crash when trying to attach BC pipe to Relocator pipe
- A lot of recipes from Railcraft needed to be hardcoded, because of compatibility. Some recipes might be broken (report ASAP please)
- Fixed: a lot of mod related issues. Not gonna list them, check changelogs for mods.

List of items missing in update 2.1.2 => 2.1.3:
- A lot from IHL (around 73)
Cauldron is no longer support due to us moving to higher version of the forge than Cauldron has been last released. You need to switch to Forge Based servers!
We have included Fastcraft as enabled per default. If you will be reporting bugs to mod developers, please include that you have Fastcraft!
Somnia mod has not been tested by me on servers, so use with caution. Its there mainly for SinglePlayers. For those unawae what it does: It allows you to sleep even during day and it will simulate the world when you are sleeping. Meaning your machines will be running during your sleep. Sometimes it can happen, that you will be kicked out from bed in few seconds. Keep in mind that if you will sleep, you will not be able to sleep for another 1/2 of day (thats to prevent abuse of this)
Since Railcraft has changed a lot of "internal names" of its blocks/items, some things might be not craftable, when they should be. If any of them will be found, please report them on Github
Unification of Steel and Iron plates has been forced to be GregTech version. So if you will have some Railcraft Steel or Iron plates in your chests, take them out and hold them in your hand for 10s until it will change to GT version.

Reactions: Pyure

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
Nope :p
(remake the world with same seed, type "/cofh clearblocks Azkeel 100 200 100 lava water stone dirt grass sand gravel" without the quotes, prey you dont have sh*t computer, wait few seconds, and enjoy the view)

I did use that command several days ago just to make sure that I didn't miss any spot in the vicinity of my base (~400x400 blocks area) and it was painful even though I have pretty decent PC (i7 4790K, R280X and SSD). Some of the ore blocks didn't update instantly and I had to interact with them (step on them or place torch) to see what kind of ore was it. Besides, I don't want to use it on my entire world just to find one type of ore, because it takes away a lot of fun from the exploring.

Anyway, I finally found tungstate vein around 1700 blocks north of my base, yay. And I really love that advanced diamond drill. I enchanted it with fortune III, so I don't think I'll ever need iridium one. Creating osmotic enchanter was 'a bit' stressful, though. That's my first serious TC playthrough and my first 'dangerous' infusion. I got all kinds of bad effects while doing it and it took me a longer while to get situation under control, but I pulled it off somehow :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Somnia is buggen i guess. While active - i have 5 fps in the menu !!!

Hm. Its happens on 50% launches of the pack without Somnia... something goes wrong...

Edit. Pointless update for me. Seems all fps drops with new forge - optifine.

Edit2. Hmm .. with 2.1.2 same lags... idk what im broke actualy. Some one have a problemms ?

I once had similiar problem with really low FPS. I re-downloaded optifine, fastcraft stopped using sphax and started using Invictus resourcepack, deleted option files for optifine and I am back with nice smooth 25fps(no need to go higher).

edit: Also make sure you have enough allocated memory to minecraft (recommended 4-6GB) and some spare for system. Never ever allocate all the memory you have to minecraft. Also, you can use java args to improve the performance: http://pastebin.com/aL8zwnK2 - by @SatanicSanta (i think they still are working quite well)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dlur100

CrazyDEN

Jul 29, 2019
Im tried many things. Last sucess thing is remove Fastcraft . Now im downloading 2.1.3 again and try to do with it.
Im use Chromahills + some Sphax texturepack. On 2.1.2 its goes smooth 65+ fps.
P.S. 13Gb allocated to MC . With texturepack Mc uses 10.5-11Gb :)
Im continue write about sucess try.

Last edited:

CrazyDEN

Jul 29, 2019
Yeagh. Problemm is with texture packs. But reloading it in the game can solve problemm. Idk why it happens. maybe memory errors...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Im tried many things. Last sucess thing is remove Fastcraft . Now im downloading 2.1.3 again and try to do with it.
Im use Chromahills + some Sphax texturepack. On 2.1.2 its goes smooth 65+ fps.
P.S. 13Gb allocated to MC . With texturepack Mc uses 10.5-11Gb :)
Im continue write about sucess try.
Never allocate that much memory... it will break more than allocating only 6gb, no matter how much "spare" you have. My friend has really monster PC with 32gb of memory and when he allocated 16gb it was lagging more than when he allocated only 6gb. Also high res texturepacks are evil. Having 128x good looking texturepack is not worth the fps issues. Especially Sphax is not very well optimized... Thats why i switched to something more vanilla like, smooth and much more optimized

Reactions: Fuzzbling

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Anyway, I finally found tungstate vein around 1700 blocks north of my base, yay. And I really love that advanced diamond drill. I enchanted it with fortune III, so I don't think I'll ever need iridium one. Creating osmotic enchanter was 'a bit' stressful, though. That's my first serious TC playthrough and my first 'dangerous' infusion. I got all kinds of bad effects while doing it and it took me a longer while to get situation under control, but I pulled it off somehow :)

What impact does Fortune III have on a tungstate vein?

Grats on osmotic enchanter, that thing's amazing.

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
What impact does Fortune III have on a tungstate vein?

Grats on osmotic enchanter, that thing's amazing.

Should it have any impact on regular veins ? I thought that fortune only affects small ores and non-GT stuff like glowstone, salt, quartz, TC shards.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Should it have any impact on regular veins ? I thought that fortune only affects small ores and non-GT stuff like glowstone, salt, quartz, TC shards.
Anyway, I finally found tungstate vein around 1700 blocks north of my base, yay. And I really love that advanced diamond drill. I enchanted it with fortune III, so I don't think I'll ever need iridium one.
You implied that enchanting your diamond drill with fortune 3 helped mining your tungstate vein. Or helped mining at all.

I never bothered with enchanting my drill with fortune because it wouldn't really accomplish anything, or with efficiency because I assume that would increase my block desync issues.

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
You implied that enchanting your diamond drill with fortune 3 helped mining your tungstate vein. Or helped mining at all.

I never bothered with enchanting my drill with fortune because it wouldn't really accomplish anything, or with efficiency because I assume that would increase my block desync issues.

It wasn't connected directly, I just wanted to share my accomplishments from last play session :) I should have put second and third sentence in the separate paragraph to make it more clear. I'm not a native english speaker, sorry.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It wasn't connected directly, I just wanted to share my accomplishments from last play session :) I should have put second and third sentence in the separate paragraph to make it more clear. I'm not a native english speaker, sorry.
Your English is better than most native english speakers :p

Thx for clarification. I also love the advanced diamond drill but wanted to know if I was missing out on something!

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No Multimine AFAIK.
fwiw, I can confirm the problem exists without multimine on the drill. Its a bit rarer in single player, but it definitely happens :( :(

I wonder why something like a earthmover shovel can tackle large swathes of blocks quickly and correctly but the drill screws it up.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
ok and I guess its good for mining then :p

did you ever resolve your crash issues tyriael?

Yup, so far ive not gotten any blue screens again - now i just seem to have java runtimes on a 6 hour bomb, they crash to a 0xc0000005 - apparently something to do with OpenGL and java 8_31 not agreeing with eachother.

fwiw, I can confirm the problem exists without multimine on the drill. Its a bit rarer in single player, but it definitely happens :( :(

I wonder why something like a earthmover shovel can tackle large swathes of blocks quickly and correctly but the drill screws it up.

I wonder if its just how the tool is written? (coded?)

Edit: you guys run with BOP & XBL active dont you?
When Miguk restarted the server world this last time, he removed them both and ill note that the block desyncs without them enabled have drastically decreased, one more thing; when using a pick to mine with those mods running id get desyncs too - but my arcane bore wouldnt.

Last edited:

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
quick question: Up late, gots my yellorium bees producing away, Got a 9x9x9 reactor built, working on the turbine... Can't seem to make blocks for the coils? Are we now not able to craft metal blocks? Kinda critical to be compatable with big reactors. Specifically was looking at either titanium or platinum. I've taken making blocks of metal for granted. Are they disabled?

Edit: I've found a spot in the recipes.ini where storageblockcrafting is set to false. Apparently this only effects the shaped recipes. This seems like a pretty big oversight in the mod, and kinda screws compatability for big reactors in a big way.

If there's no .ini tweak or config I can change, can someone think of a mod that adds blocks in other than tinker's construct?

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
quick question: Up late, gots my yellorium bees producing away, Got a 9x9x9 reactor built, working on the turbine... Can't seem to make blocks for the coils? Are we now not able to craft metal blocks? Kinda critical to be compatable with big reactors. Specifically was looking at either titanium or platinum. I've taken making blocks of metal for granted. Are they disabled?

Edit: I've found a spot in the recipes.ini where storageblockcrafting is set to false. Apparently this only effects the shaped recipes. This seems like a pretty big oversight in the mod, and kinda screws compatability for big reactors in a big way.

If there's no .ini tweak or config I can change, can someone think of a mod that adds blocks in other than tinker's construct?
Update the modpack to v2.1.3. Its a GT bug.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks jason I'll take a look. If I can just get away with updating GT I'd rather do that. I've been through the configs and tweaked them, and would rather avoid big blocky chunk borders.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@starwolf, let me know how you make out with this. I'm curious which blocks you end up being able to use.

fwiw, I had to do the following progression as my tech improved over time:
* Gold Blocks
* Fluxed Electrum Blocks
* Ludicrite Blocks

I think a full rack of fluxed electrum made a 12k rf/t turbine. Ludicrite makes a 16k rf/t turbine. All values are give and take and depend on the various normal stuff, ymmv, blah blah.

Reactions: MigukNamja