[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Well it's a long way off. I've the materials to get into big reactors, even got a 3x3x3 breeder that makes no power but makes me some cyanite setup, but I've yet to dip my toes into it, as I'm still running off a vanilla tree farm/charcoal and 4x rc boilers. I've only about 8 stacks of yellorium, and busy trying to breed into yellorium bees. I could quarry my ass off, but I hate the huge holes it leaves, I prefer to sink a few shafts, find the limits of the vein spawn, and only mine out that vein. I tried getting a builder set up on fill, but I tend to run out of cobble doing that. All in all I've yet to even build an advanced jetpack, still using vanilla farming techniques for my apples, seeds and food, and horses to get around.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Im happy with designing my own multiblockstructure around it, just for the looks...
I'm really pretty horrible at just building a facade onto a cliff, and hollowing out squares on the inside to house the different lines of automation in previous modpacks. I'm trying to make everything I do in this one "pretty". Even to the point of waiting to build things until I had the Enderio painter to hide the conduits.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm loving carpenter's blocks and the creative things you can do with them! I've had them before in packs, but never used them because... Squares suffice. It's been all about production before, but I've about 270 hours into this pack, and still not made it to the end lol.

As soon as I really get my powergen going, I'll be putting a tall 9x9 big reactor with 4x turbines going through it and see if that can hold me until endgame. I've yet to dip my toes into AE, it used to be my favorite mod, but I'm not sure I've liked the new direction they took it... I preferred a massive "supercomputer" MAC, with everything automated rather than six dozen assembly chambers. Perhaps I've got it wrong, the tutorials on advanced ME in 1.7 seem pretty sparse.

Attachments

• 2015-02-16_17.58.53.png
    2015-02-16_17.58.53.png
    1 MB · Views: 52

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
Was looking for a process of actually "enriching" naquadah. Not seeing it unfortunatley

You have to put Naquadah Dust into a Centrifuge.

There's Naquadah bees. Might be able to automate a fluid naquadah line. Taken me about a week just to breed some decent Industrious bees though, only made 3 mutagen combs, Gendustry is horribly expensive, I've yet to set up my first alveary... seed farm needed.

I have managed to breed Naquadah Bees, in under 2 weeks, from scratch, with just Apiaries and Oblivion Frames that I found in Thaumcraft Dungeons or the Stronghold. I found Gendustry to be too expensive for that, unless you make a serious Royal Jelly farm. Even then, I find that the bigger issue is the great number of cross-breeds rather than the chance to get one. Maybe for the few 1% bees.

Gendustry is great for extracting traits and duplicating bees, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: MigukNamja

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
I created Advanced Nano Chest Plate and Advanced Diamond Drill and I really love them. I'm getting tons of cobble and other junk while mining with it, though. I already have 3 miner's and digger's backpacks, but they get filled pretty quickly and I can't make woven ones yet. Is there any item that would help me to automatically get rid of excess dirt, cobble, etc while mining ? Also, is there any kind of magnet-like item in this pack that would help me pick nearby items while using my drill in big holes mode ?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I created Advanced Nano Chest Plate and Advanced Diamond Drill and I really love them. I'm getting tons of cobble and other junk while mining with it, though. I already have 3 miner's and digger's backpacks, but they get filled pretty quickly and I can't make woven ones yet. Is there any item that would help me to automatically get rid of excess dirt, cobble, etc while mining ? Also, is there any kind of magnet-like item in this pack that would help me pick nearby items while using my drill in big holes mode ?
I forget, what good is the nano chest plate?

Yeah the diamond drill is amazing, although I get frequent block desync while using it. I wonder if removing multimine would fix it...keep meaning to test that and keep forgetting.

For getting rid of excess junk: you can use thaumcraft magic mirrors. Two options: one, you can manually open its gui and throw stuff in and handle it on the other side (where filters will automatically trash your cobble) or you can advance them further and get hungry mirrors which apparently will scoop up anything you pick up automatically, stopping you from having to do that manually.

Earlier in the game you can just carry a couple of forestry diggers backpacks around.

Regarding magnets: there's at least one that I know of and it shows up in NEI when you search for magnets. Its RF-powered, but I've never needed to recharge mine; it lasts a long time.

Reactions: Azkeel

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah the diamond drill is amazing, although I get frequent block desync while using it. I wonder if removing multimine would fix it...keep meaning to test that and keep forgetting.

For getting rid of excess junk: you can use thaumcraft magic mirrors. Two options: one, you can manually open its gui and throw stuff in and handle it on the other side (where filters will automatically trash your cobble) or you can advance them further and get hungry mirrors which apparently will scoop up anything you pick up automatically, stopping you from having to do that manually.

Earlier in the game you can just carry a couple of forestry diggers backpacks around.

Regarding magnets: there's at least one that I know of and it shows up in NEI when you search for magnets. Its RF-powered, but I've never needed to recharge mine; it lasts a long time.

Multimine will most likely remove he block desync.

Magnets are 2 types as far as I am aware. EnderIO powered with RF, and from Magic bees/thaumcraft.

Reactions: Pyure

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019

Well, regular nano armor is nothing special, I guess, but advanced one has advanced electric jetpack built in (hover mode works pretty good) and can store 3M EU, so it's a lot of energy for my drill.

I noticed those desyncs too, pretty annoying. I was going to test it without multimine this evening, I hope that it helps.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well, regular nano armor is nothing special, I guess, but advanced one has advanced electric jetpack built in (hover mode works pretty good) and can store 3M EU, so it's a lot of energy for my drill.

I noticed those desyncs too, pretty annoying. I was going to test it without multimine this evening, I hope that it helps.
Jetpack and battery in one slot? Sign me up :)

Right now* I have to switch between lappack and thaumostatic harness when I need to use tools or fly respectively. Very annoying.

edit: oh, please report back regarding multimine test. I noticed the problem exists in single player so it should be easy to reproduce :)

* technically right now I can't play due to a severe crashing bug :\ But theoretically right now!

Reactions: Azkeel

DaviePatriots

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have some sort of progression guide? So far all I've done is make a coke oven for charcoal and looked tirelessly for ore in an extreme hills biome. I'm kind of not sure what to start crafting or how I'm supposed to gather more ore...than just with a stone pick.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
You can use dev/nulls from OpenBlocks. Don't think they're disabled in this modpack. You can look up how to use them, it's super simple.

Reactions: Azkeel and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Does anyone have some sort of progression guide? So far all I've done is make a coke oven for charcoal and looked tirelessly for ore in an extreme hills biome. I'm kind of not sure what to start crafting or how I'm supposed to gather more ore...than just with a stone pick.
Your next major step should be to make some bronze machines. In particular you want to get a steam macerator going so you can duplicate your ores better, and a smelter so you can make bronze more cheaply. If you haven't already make sure you make an applied energistics Grind Stone which gives partial ore duplication.

This means you want to find Copper (easy), Iron (easy), and tin (um. Good luck). Diamonds are a bonus, I believe you'll need two for that macerator.

For tools, keep an eye out for a Limonite vein. Limonite is an iron ore, and you can mine Brown limonite with crappy stone tools. Once you make ingots out of that limonite you can mine the rest.

If you're lucky you'll find a Cobalt vein. Cobalt makes absolutely fantastic early-game tools.

If you know thaumcraft, you can leverage all those shards you're finding. I believe you need thaumium rods in order to make shard tools now. Earth tools have excellent speed/longevity, water shards give fortune 3, and fire shards auto-smelt (which is almost OP on a shovel for bricks and glass)

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
It might seem boring, but you need quite a lot of small ores to get started. I made 2 wrought iron picks and searched around through cave systems. Cave systems are SUPER valuable in this pack in my opinion. I swear to god I found a Uranium vein 2 minutes into a cave. You don't have to look through mountains to find veins. In fact, you'll get less varieties of ore. The main reason people looked through mountains was for Tin, and Tin doesn't even spawn that high anymore. I found tin on the surface of a Savanna biome, in fact.

Enough about ores. The first thing you should get is a Grindstone from AE. You need a wooden crank as well. Simple, right? Great for early-game ore doubling. The only downside is you can only grind ores like Iron, Tin, Copper, Silver or ores with OreDict names. And getting the second dust is only a %75 percent chance. Plus, I don't think you found any of those veins with only a stone pick. Note that this block needs a GT saw to craft.

I also recommend, if you're gonna explore, look for HarvestCraft gardens. If you right click them, they give you the garden. You can break them at home to get some good crops. The reason why you should right click them is for inventory issues. There's 40 crops or something like that in HarvestCraft. This should work with your hunger issues.

Flint axes. A billion of them. And a tree farm. Note GT axes can cut down trees as a whole.

By the way, to get the wrought iron I mentioned earlier, you need to smelt iron nuggets to get wrought iron nuggets.

To get metal picks, you need tools like the hammer and the file. To get the file, you need a hammer and 4 ingots. To get the hammer, you need 6 ingots.

Once you have enough stuff, it's time to look for veins. Your primary veins right now are Copper, Tin and Iron if you want it. Copper veins contain Iron ore as well, so that's a plus. Tetrahedrite doesn't have Iron though. Speaking of which, Tin spawns as Cassiterite. I use a mod called Underground Biomes because I like the aesthetics of the stones in it. It's like PFAA without ores. It really helps with vein finding.

Don't pick a random spot as your permanent home, by the way. These are some great biomes to be around:

Desert: Oil, PZ pyramids, cacti, bees if you need em
Ocean: I swear to god I found a stronghold underwater. Good for water, HarvestCraft fishing and aesthetics
Forest: Great if you don't want a tree farm. Source of Clay and open ravines. Also animals.
Mushroom: There used to be a bug in the pack where mushroom biomes were spawning too much. The good thing about them is food from Mooshrooms and no mobs. Looks bad though. Great if you're searching for veins underground and don't want to waste coal on torches.

Remember that Copper and Tin ore? Use a mortar and hammer and cauldron with water in it to turn the ore into clean dust. If you get ores like Tetrahedrite or Cassiterite, smelt the dusts and then turn the ingots to dust. Dust gives 3 times more bronze than what ingots of Copper and Tin will. That bronze can be used in GT for the Bronze Age. Try to craft the Reservoir from Ender IO. You need it for early game Steam production.

That's where I'm gonna leave it. Should last you a while.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Speaking of which, Tin spawns as Cassiterite.
Try to craft the Reservoir from Ender IO. You need it for early game Steam production.
Tin spawns with cassiterite. Its also one of those oredicted ores you mentioned. Cassiterite iirc can produce more overall tin, but I don't recall offhand if you need special tech for that.

Players will typically do a railcraft water tank first. The reservoir requires a trip to the nether and (I believe) an alloy smelter. He won't have these at this stage :)

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
You can use dev/nulls from OpenBlocks. Don't think they're disabled in this modpack. You can look up how to use them, it's super simple.

Thanks! That's what I was looking for :)

I'll fiddle with TC mirrors anyway, maybe i'll find some usage for them since we don't have any other item teleportation system available.

Disabling multimine seem to fix desync issue for me. I'll do some more testing to be 100% sure.

Some tips:

- You can mine small ore veins with stone or flint picks, so it should get you started.
- Find rubber trees and use sticky resin to make torches.
- When you find iron, you can smelt nuggets into wrought iron ones. It's much more durable.
- Make AE grindstone as soon as you find some quartz. it will save you some basic materials (75% chance to double your iron/copper/tin/gold dust output).
- Try to find limestone and pyrite/chalcopyrite veins, they usually spawn around level 15-20 and, as Pyure said, you can mine them with stone pickaxe. Limestone, pyrite = iron; chalcopyrite = copper.