[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not entirely thrilled with the news of GT6... GT5 hasn't even had the full suite of functionality added into it that was lost in 1.6.4., and it seems that GT5 development will probably end now. That and the fact that worlds won't survive the upgrade isn't exactly thrilling. I like these hard mode modpacks for the longevity, and to see the current iteration abandoned is somewhat disheartening.

It ins't hard to migrate worlds, but dammit, I built my base with carpenter's blocks, and they're a real bitch to work with in survival.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Was afraid you'd say that. I'm also using a HD Radeon (7800). I wonder if there's an incompatibility.

I'm extremely bummed out, haven't been able to play in a few days now :\

From what the java help page said about minecraft, its an issue with LWJGL and OpenGL - i'm not so sure about your case, but i did have a blue screen last week too ... thats what prompted me to upgrade to the "omega" drivers.
Since then, i have gotten the 0xc0000005 crash three times with a straight up java spontaneously exiting - usually when i open a chest or look at a barrel so far at least.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Can i upgrade our server (and the clients) from 2.0.10 to 2.1.2 without any compability issues?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack has been updated to v2.1.2
Updated Mods:
- Apple Core to 1.1.0
- AsieLib to 0.3.9
- Automagy to 0.19.1
- BOP to 2.1.0.1062
- Carpenter's Blocks to 3.3.5
- EnderIO to 2.2.8.345
- ExtraCells to 2.2.53b82
- Galacticraft to 3.0.8.261
- Minechem to 5.0.5.378
- NEIIntegration to 1.0.6
- OpenBlocks to 1.3-553
- OpenComputers to 1.4.8.33
- OpenModsLib to 0.6-306
- ProjectRed to 4.5.10.61
- ProjectZulu to 1.4b4
- Thaumcraft to 4.2.3.4
- ThaumicTinkerer to 2.5.466
- WailaPlugins to 0.0.1-13
- Waila Harvestability to 1.1.2
- Yampst-InfiTech 2 to 2.1.2
- AE2 to rv2.beta.8
- BDLib to 1.6.139
- Buildcraft to 6.3.6
- Forestry to 3.4.0.7
- Gendustry to 1.4.4.54
- IC2 to 2.2.673
- LogisticsPipes to 0.8.3.100
- ThaumicEnergistics to 0.8.9.0b-rv2
- ttCore to 0.1.0-61
- SecretRoomsMod to 4.7.1.398

Config changes/fixes:
- Added chisel Limestone and Marble into Digger's Backpack.
- Fixed crash with Secret Rooms button
- Fixed crash with PZ bugs
- PZ bugs no longer spawning when breaking grass/leaves
- Few minor bug fixes

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
Yes i know that, but TFC in this pack? Yeah, not going to debate about that, i do like TFC, but in here it's not suited for. It's too big of a mod too for just to be added for a Charcoal pit, and i did get the charcoal pit idea mostly from TFC. But i did reply mostly because of the Dragons.

I never said TFC should be added to this pack, I just said that the Charcoal pit idea already existed.

Anyway, can't wait to see what Grag will have in store, for us, in GT 6, and the fact that Jason is already preparing a modpack for it, is amazing. Keep it up and thanks for all the hours (*cough*, months) of pure rage! :D

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
err umm there is a little problem with the pack, You can't make Ruby/Ignis/Garnet lenses....(kind of a pain in the ass when entering HV age, makes it impossible~) can't make Gem blocks anymore.....*facepalm greg*

Last edited:

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
err umm there is a little problem with the pack, You can't make Ruby/Ignis/Garnet lenses....(kind of a pain in the ass when entering HV age~) can't make Gem blocks anymore.....*facepalm greg*

Are you sure you are doing it right? I am pretty sure I made lenses. That was back in 2.0.5 or something, so maybe something got messed up.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure you are doing it right? I am pretty sure I made lenses. That was back in 2.0.5 or something, so maybe something got messed up.

I updated before I left for work to the newest version on the Launcher too 2.1.2, came home after wards and now can't make them..

found the fix though, gregtech screwed something up with 5 before the last release, downgrade too GregTech 5.07.06 ~

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
err umm there is a little problem with the pack, You can't make Ruby/Ignis/Garnet lenses....(kind of a pain in the ass when entering HV age, makes it impossible~) can't make Gem blocks anymore.....*facepalm greg*

I updated before I left for work to the newest version on the Launcher too 2.1.2, came home after wards and now can't make them..

found the fix though, gregtech screwed something up with 5 before the last release, downgrade too GregTech 5.07.06 ~
Either downgrade manually, or use: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11276

(end since Greg is not going to fix it, because he completely moved the development to GT6, this little mod will be added in 2.1.3 of the pack)

Zarifeke

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, I didn't have a problem making a ruby lens in 2.1.0. I forget which, but either Project Zulu, Biomes o' Plenty, or ExtrabiomesXL gave me the ability to compress rubies into a ruby block, then use the cutting machine to make plates out of it, then lathe the plate for a lens. But yeah, rubies were the only ones I could do that with.

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
I was doing some branch mining at level 35 (damn tungstate/iridium/molybdenum, I found all the ores except for these three veins) and I bumped into stronghold. I explored most of it and that chest contains all the loot:

2015-02-12_11.19.58.jpg

I found those 11 crates in one chest. I'm not sure if it was an oversight or that's how random loot system is in MC, but that's 176 bronze ingots when unpackaged.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I was doing some branch mining at level 35 (damn tungstate/iridium/molybdenum, I found all the ores except for these three veins) and I bumped into stronghold. I explored most of it and that chest contains all the loot:

View attachment 14812

I found those 11 crates in one chest. I'm not sure if it was an oversight or that's how random loot system is in MC, but that's 176 bronze ingots when unpackaged.
Loot in dungeons and other chests is set to be bit rewarding. So its definitely indended, and you were quite lucky. Myself I have found in a stronghold chest around 7-8 Steel crates, and I didnt had even any bronze machines. So if you like exploring, you should go on explorers hunt, for few hours. It is really worth it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Loot in dungeons and other chests is set to be bit rewarding. So its definitely indended, and you were quite lucky. Myself I have found in a stronghold chest around 7-8 Steel crates, and I didnt had even any bronze machines. So if you like exploring, you should go on explorers hunt, for few hours. It is really worth it.
Indeed. In my opinion some of the best stuff you can find is Dark Steel. It makes obnoxiously great weapons, particularly because it enchants so well. Picks made from dark steel can be repaired in a thaumic restorer thingy as well.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Naexuiz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently creating a private Modpack just for myself and also wanted to use EnderIO. However I have no idea how to Minetweek recipes. So I want to just use your Minetweaker scripts. My question is where can I find the Minetweaker scripts ? And do they require other Mods as gregtech and EnderIO ?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm currently creating a private Modpack just for myself and also wanted to use EnderIO. However I have no idea how to Minetweek recipes. So I want to just use your Minetweaker scripts. My question is where can I find the Minetweaker scripts ? And do they require other Mods as gregtech and EnderIO ?
The scripts are the .zs files in the /scripts folder of the modpack.

They require whichever mods they're referencing. Generally you can tell just by the name of the file, but more accurately if you look in each file you can see which code is being pulled in. This would modify (and require) NEI and Gregtech:
Code:
import mods.nei.NEI;
import mods.gregtech.BlastFurnace;
import mods.gregtech.AlloySmelter;

As a courtesy you would want to retain any existing attributions/credits, and probably credit Jason himself on the majority of them.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019

They are in your scripts folder at the top level, alongside mods and config. No mods required other than Minetweaker itself, though Minetweaker does have deep integration with some mods. See the MT3 Wiki for more info.

@Pyure
Edit : LOL. Ninja'd by none other than the usual ninja...whose avatar is...yeah....a ninja ;-)