[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
Started with friend this modpack in offline. Thx for great work, but why there is Thaumcraft? I know that recipes with easy hammers dont work like in Beyond Reality (you need thaum rod), but what a reason of this mod in pack?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
The next Gregtechupdate wont be compatible with old savegames:
http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/com/gregoriust/gregtech/changelog.txt

I wanted to start playing this pack today, but now im worried since we will never be able to update if i do that now. What are your plans for this modpack when this update is released?

InfiTech 2 will not contain GT 6. GT 6 will be in InfiTech reloaded, on which I am currently working on.

Started with friend this modpack in offline. Thx for great work, but why there is Thaumcraft? I know that recipes with easy hammers dont work like in Beyond Reality (you need thaum rod), but what a reason of this mod in pack?

Thaumcraft is here because greg did a great job with integrating Thaumcraft /w GregTech. And I enjoy Thaumcraft... and the modpack is made mainly for me to play something and record it :)

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Will you still update Infitech2? Not forever but e.g. with the new version of Project Zulu and other bugfixes?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Will you still update Infitech2? Not forever but e.g. with the new version of Project Zulu and other bugfixes?
Updates "will" be comming out, at least until IT:R is fully released. So bugs will be fixed. But will not be adding any new features to the pack. And of course if i will get the Minechem thingies on which @Xavion is working on, they will get included (if not in IT:2 then for sure in IT:R)

DaviePatriots

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm trying to get the Opis minimap to actually show up. Normally pressing 'N' works, but even after changing all the keybinds that conflict it still does not show up. When I press 'M' the full screen map still shows up.
I'm running v2.1.1 of the pack on Java 1.8_31 and yes MobiusCore 1.2.3 is enabled.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm trying to get the Opis minimap to actually show up. Normally pressing 'N' works, but even after changing all the keybinds that conflict it still does not show up. When I press 'M' the full screen map still shows up.
I'm running v2.1.1 of the pack on Java 1.8_31 and yes MobiusCore 1.2.3 is enabled.
if I remember correctly i disabled it in the core config. Look here: https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/blob/master/config/MapWriter.cfg#L8 - for Big map
https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/blob/master/config/MapWriter.cfg#L52 - for minimap

Reactions: MigukNamja

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Update on the minechem stuff then, shaped recipes are currently not working correctly if they contain empty spaces which all dusts do and last time I started the game all of my decomposition recipes wouldn't work until I reloaded for some reason, it was pretty weird. There is also a bug when putting magic in a fission reactor that the game crashes, I haven't figured out a nice way around that and it hasn't been fixed to my knowledge. Other than that though I've made it through about half the list around my various distractions, actually couple of minor points.

• You changed the nether star recipe to that weird thing with the high number elements, what should I do for it's decomposition? I also asked if I should modify it's recipe to contain magic which would make it require magical items to create.
  • I also discovered that pistons always decompose with aluminium, it would be to the recipe evaluater thing just deciding to use it obviously as you can make them from it but I'd suggest you possibly investigate that as a source of exploits and probably any other item that can be made with more than one metal.
  • Any idea what the point of fool's ruby is? It has an identical name to ruby in game, seems to have the same uses and is made of the same stuff and I can only tell the difference from the oredict entry from what I've seen.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Update on the minechem stuff then, shaped recipes are currently not working correctly if they contain empty spaces which all dusts do and last time I started the game all of my decomposition recipes wouldn't work until I reloaded for some reason, it was pretty weird. There is also a bug when putting magic in a fission reactor that the game crashes, I haven't figured out a nice way around that and it hasn't been fixed to my knowledge. Other than that though I've made it through about half the list around my various distractions, actually couple of minor points.

• You changed the nether star recipe to that weird thing with the high number elements, what should I do for it's decomposition? I also asked if I should modify it's recipe to contain magic which would make it require magical items to create.
  • I also discovered that pistons always decompose with aluminium, it would be to the recipe evaluater thing just deciding to use it obviously as you can make them from it but I'd suggest you possibly investigate that as a source of exploits and probably any other item that can be made with more than one metal.
  • Any idea what the point of fool's ruby is? It has an identical name to ruby in game, seems to have the same uses and is made of the same stuff and I can only tell the difference from the oredict entry from what I've seen.
  • dont mind the already made decomp synth. Feel free to change it. And yes use Magic element for the nether star.
  • of course recipes which can be made by multiple ways are possible exploiters. It needs to be look at. I can take a look onto them, but currently my priority is balance and recipes in InfiTech Reloaded.
  • Fools ruby is.. Well a joke from Gregs side. Dont mind do anything with that. No synth or decomp are needed for that.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Since i updated to java 8_31 ive been getting these weird access violation crashes ... is this purely on java's end, or is it something in minecraft causing this?

Edit: Ugh, research points to a driver compatability error, well ... basically im fucked there and will have to just deal with it, because these are the only stable amd drivers for my card right now.....

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Since i updated to java 8_31 ive been getting these weird access violation crashes ... is this purely on java's end, or is it something in minecraft causing this?

Edit: Ugh, research points to a driver compatability error, well ... basically im fucked there and will have to just deal with it, because these are the only stable amd drivers for my card right now.....
Try to use Java 7 instead of 8

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Interestingly I'm getting a very similar crash constantly but with a different dll referenced. I'm curious, what video card are you using?

onsp

Jul 29, 2019

Forge dont support Java 8. Install 7 version and disable 8 in Java settings, or just delete 8 and install 7.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Forge dont support Java 8. Install 7 version and disable 8 in Java settings, or just delete 8 and install 7.

I held on to Java 7 for a long time based on this, but just recently gave it a spin and have gotten better results playing this modpack and Minecraft in general with Java 8. I went from "works pretty good" to "works good", so kind of a different situation and not a "barely works" to "works awesome" change either.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if I'm just making stuff up, but aren't IC2 bronze pickaxes more durable than GregTech? I'm trying to figure out which I should be making.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Why when finally i can and want to sit down and play a little (+record) something must break in my instance. This time.... textures are messed. Even when i switch to pure vanilla textures... Water in the BC tank looks like the Crayfish TV screen, FluidConduits are with missing texture (the purple/black texture), horrible lag.....