[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
And triple post of the day: When v2.1.2 will be released on FTB launcher (alrady submitted) there is possible texture bug within EnderIO conduits. So just a friendly warning before you will start freaking out :)

Reactions: MigukNamja

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
And triple post of the day: When v2.1.2 will be released on FTB launcher (alrady submitted) there is possible texture bug within EnderIO conduits. So just a friendly warning before you will start freaking out :)
Warning not heeded! Let the freaking out commence! (Also, thanks again for the hard work you put into this. Despite not knowing gregtech that well, its a fun one. )

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Try to use Java 7 instead of 8
le sigh.

@onsp - thats permsize, thats only an issue with MC1.6.4.

@Pyure Sapphire AMD Radeon 7750HD.
Running software package: 14.501.1003-141120a-177998C (14.12 AMD Catalyst Omega Software)
I updated from 14.8 after receiving a BSOD with my videocard being the culprit with java 8_25.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
le sigh.

@onsp - thats permsize, thats only an issue with MC1.6.4.

@Pyure Sapphire AMD Radeon 7750HD.
Running software package: 14.501.1003-141120a-177998C (14.12 AMD Catalyst Omega Software)
I updated from 14.8 after receiving a BSOD with my videocard being the culprit with java 8_25.
Was afraid you'd say that. I'm also using a HD Radeon (7800). I wonder if there's an incompatibility.

I'm extremely bummed out, haven't been able to play in a few days now :\

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to give you a little information about the upcomming InfiTech Reloaded modpack.
Modpack will be still for MC1.7.10 and will have GT6 included. GT6 has massive overhaul of everything (similiar to change from GT4 - GT5) so your InfiTech 2 worlds will NOT be compatible. Everyone will need to start from scratch.

Main diferences between IT:2 and IT:R is following: Modpack will promote GT as almost only way to create stuff from other mods. For example: Buildcraft chipsets will not be craftable in BC Assembly Table, they will be included in one of the GT machines (in IT:2 it would mean Laser Engraver or Assembly Table); AE2 world crafting will be disabled (Growing Fluix Crystals and similiar - where you get seed and you need to drop it in water - will be included in machine similiar to current Autoclave - it will be easier to automate, but also bit more expensive on power).

Same goes with certain Forestry machines (Thermionic Fabricator, Carpenter, Still).

Next difference is Ender Rails will be enabled, so if you are little bit advanced then you will be able to use "easy" teleporting system with railcraft/enderio Dim Transceiver. Still the crafting recipe will be somewhat more expensive and will require you to be at least MV or HV.

Few mods will get removed, mainly speaking about ProjectZulu, 3D Furnace, Binnie Mods, Dynamic Lights, Multimine, etc...

Some new mods "maybe" will appear as well.

This time around it will be more really focused on GT and its machines, so machine recipes will not be that much changed. Recipe changes will still happen, but in less intensive way.

Lastly i think this will be the Major change... modpack will be not only for regular GT players, but also it will be intended to teach GT noobs. In perfect world it will be enjoyable for both GT players and newbies. This will be accomplished by use of HQM.

I am not going to give ANY ETA. We need to wait for GT6 to be playable, we also probably need Minetweaker to support the new GT6.

IT:R will be released in few steps. Alpha, Beta, Pre-Stable, Stable....

Alpha will be pure modpack with just basic tweaks, just to make sure everything works. Beta will contain more indepth tweaks, and during that stage I will be finalizing them. In Pre-Stable release the work on the Quests will be happening. Stable... will be finished product ready to play without (hopefully) any issues. Of course stuff might get changed in the Stable as the time will pass, but some massive changes should not happen.

Moving worlds from Alpha into Beta will not be recommended. Beta worlds then should be compatible with Stable. But for the best experience with the quests, Stable is the place where to start. Of course that doesn't mean you shouldnt play from the first Alpha. Feedback will be highly appreciated and will certainly help during the development.

Regarding the InfiTech 2 development: I know I said on twitter and FTB forum, that IT:2 is going to stop. That was before I learned about Gregs intention to do complete overhaul. So IT:2 development will still be a thing, but... new features will not be probably added (except MineChem integration on which is currently being worked on). Major bugs and exploits will still be fixed. Minor things like Waila showing incorect tooltips on Spruce Logs... thats really a minor not gamebreaking issue.

So please keep reporting stuff on Github. Even if you are not sure that it is a bug or it is intended. Better be safe than sorry. Try not to post issues on the FTB thread because, there is big chance I will miss it, or I will forget about it. GitHub is the best place to report issues.

If you have any concerns or questions regarding IT:2 or IT:R, feel free to ask them. I will try to reply to them ASAP (if I will know the answer).

Places where to ask: Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/jasonmcray), Our website (http://infinity-minecraft.co.uk), Mail ([email protected]), FTB Thread (http://bit.ly/infitech2). If you want my atention on FTB thread, the best is probably to tag me in the message (@Jason McRay).

Thanks for reading this wall-o-text, thanks for all the support and have fun playing IT:2 (and IT:R when its out)

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds so awesome, its just what my dream modpack would be (and is with Infitech2). Good to hear ProjectZulu gets removed, i never liked it...

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Couple of ways. Railcraft water tank, rain tank, cactus farm with squeezer, enderio reservoir, thaumcraft

Most of us use Railcraft water tanks. Just need wood, a small amount of iron ingots (not plates), and green slimeballs. The slimeballs are usually the most difficult : you'll have to get lucky and find a slime cube underground or else find a swamp biome and wait until night.

The good thing about the water tanks is they push the water out the bottom. And, they hold 400 buckets of water : quite a bit.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Most of us use Railcraft water tanks. Just need wood, a small amount of iron ingots (not plates), and green slimeballs. The slimeballs are usually the most difficult : you'll have to get lucky and find a slime cube underground or else find a swamp biome and wait until night.

The good thing about the water tanks is they push the water out the bottom. And, they hold 400 buckets of water : quite a bit.
Slimballs are easy if you have PneumaticCraft slime plants :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
How do you find big Ore veins in the early game? Stripmining?
In the early game when you're exploring for "any interesting veins", Core Sampling: Divide an area into a grid. Every 3 chunks or so, dig straight down (carefully, using the 2x1 straddling method). Mark where you've dug on on a map.

For looking for specific veins, you want to branch mine at specific elevations, but the branches should be (again) 3 chunks apart or so.

Reactions: Dlur100

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019

I got my first slimeballs by fishing for squid/calamari or something. Just put it into a crafting interface and get a few.