[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Dear Cauldron server owners. I have a bad news for you and thats starting with version of the modpack 2.1.3 I will be dropping support for Cauldron. Pack will receive Forge update, to fix couple of internal forge issues and allow us to update few mods, which currently requires higher Forge versions (for example PneumaticCraft).

With that, you will probably need to find suitable mods that will replace plugin needs. ServerTools mod is great one with permission settings and for protection I can recommend MyTown 2 (which is currently going through the development alpha). There are other mods as well, but I had good experience with these two, when I was running my own 1.6 pure Forge server.

Links to those two mods are here:
MyTown2: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...wn-2-0-26a-offers-protection-for-your-vanilla
ServerTools: http://servertools.info

Edit: v2.1.2 of the pack will be the last with forge 1232.

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Wow there, fella. Well, I didn't know about the Thaumcraft recipe, and I have almost zero experience in that mod, and I have tried to get by without it, so far.

Unfortunately, we don't have the Mutator, here, so I might try it. (what is up with that thing, no Extra Bees?)

Later: Oh, man, you're breaking my bones! Couple of researches, vis, aspects, and the Infusion Altar! I'm scared of that thing.

So now I have 3 options - 40+ apiaries / shitload of imperial bees, for Mutatron / Necrotic Frames.

I don't recall the Necrotic Frames requiring the Infusion Altar. I think the only Thaum technology needed is the green Arcane crafting table (that you put the wand in) and a Crucible/Cauldron. The MagicFrame takes the Arcane crafting table, I believe, and the main component of the Necrotic Frame takes the Crucible. For a wand, a simple iron wand would work, though the gold-capped greatwood is not hard to make and is better long-term if you're making a lot of Necrotic Frames.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
boo. Wanted it for the cursed earth. Guess I'll figure out something else for the mob farm lol. Need massive amounts of gunpowder and can't find a lick of saltpeter anywhere.

Never used the destruction pickaxe, I made one just for the challenge crafting with unstable ingots, but other than the cursed earth the builder's wand is the only other thing worthwhile.

@Jason McRay and others have intentionally placed the Division Sigil behind the Wither Boss for reasons like this. Gunpowder in massive quantities is considered a gating item in progression and is thus 'balanced' with the rest of the pack. The GT Implosion Compressor is a key, gating machine/mechanism in both GT and in this pack.

With that said, a vanilla mob spawner will produce a steady - if albeit slower - supply of gunpowder. Bee-wise, it doesn't take but 1 or 2 species of bees beyond Modest (the ones found in yellow hives in the desert) to get Austere, which produce combs which centrifuge to gunpowder. Also, if you have flight and a weapon with life steal, the Wither Boss is not terribly difficult to beat to get the Sigil. The annoying part is farming Wither Skeleton heads, unless you have the bees that produce Wither Skull fragments, of course.

Reactions: Pyure

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Well there was (is there still? I though it was fixed already) a problem with GregTech and Extra bees making the Loading time much more longer.

Binnie fixed that on 2014-12-31. If you're using a version of this pack which has Binnie's 2.0-pre1 or later, just re-enable it and you're good to go.

I've been playing 2.0.10 with Binnie's enabled for a while now and haven't had any slow loading issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of server admin mods I just started following this thread in hopes of finding some helpful ones for running my own small servers.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/comprehensive-list-of-mods-useful-for-server-admins.58524/

If anyone knows more than what is listed there I would love to hear ideas, I just want it for myself, my sons and their friends to use. It will always be a whitelist server so we won't suffer from unknown people showing up and griefing but they are still a bunch of kids so when they get bored they then tend to break stuff. Currently Aroma backup along with a short term ban has worked very well. ;)

Reactions: Grove and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Speaking of server admin mods I just started following this thread in hopes of finding some helpful ones for running my own small servers.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/comprehensive-list-of-mods-useful-for-server-admins.58524/

If anyone knows more than what is listed there I would love to hear ideas, I just want it for myself, my sons and their friends to use. It will always be a whitelist server so we won't suffer from unknown people showing up and griefing but they are still a bunch of kids so when they get bored they then tend to break stuff. Currently Aroma backup along with a short term ban has worked very well. ;)
Yeah I'm not too stressed about the Cauldron support. As far as I'm concerned its been more trouble than its worth, and so far the server has only been attracting reasonably cool players (benefit of a gregtech pack maybe).

With a frequent backup, we're already prepared for the possibility of a grief problem.

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something wrong with the MFSU recipe? I can't seem to craft it. The only thing I can think of that I'm missing is that the recipe uses Lapotron Crystal, ID 4416, not the uncharged lapotron crystal (4416:26), but that doesn't seem right, since only the MFSU can charge them. I don't recall ever having that issue, but haven't played with IC2 in a while.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something wrong with the MFSU recipe? I can't seem to craft it. The only thing I can think of that I'm missing is that the recipe uses Lapotron Crystal, ID 4416, not the uncharged lapotron crystal (4416:26), but that doesn't seem right, since only the MFSU can charge them. I don't recall ever having that issue, but haven't played with IC2 in a while.

Have you tried a vanilla crafting table ? IC2 and GT recipes are *very* intolerant of the crafting techniques and item meta data.

If you're trying to program the recipe in AE2, you have to use AE2 to craft all the sub-components when you make the recipe. If you make the AE2 recipe with components crafted in *any other way*, it won't work when you try to use said recipe to do the crafting.

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried a vanilla crafting table ? IC2 and GT recipes are *very* intolerant of the crafting techniques and item meta data.

If you're trying to program the recipe in AE2, you have to use AE2 to craft all the sub-components when you make the recipe. If you make the AE2 recipe with components crafted in *any other way*, it won't work when you try to use said recipe to do the crafting.

Just tried it in a vanilla table; still won't work. Does the recipe require charged crystals? If so, how do I charge them? It seems only the MFSU works.

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
@Impiryo
My latest world is not quite at MFSU technology, but NEI-cheating-in the components - including uncharged Lapotrons - let me craft an MFSU in a vanilla crafting table. I'm on version 2.0.10 of the pack.

Granted, the NEI-cheated Lapotrons are *not* the same thing as crafting them.

Also, are you using an MFE, Advanced Machine Casing (the IC2 kind), and an Advanced Circuit ?

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my attempt at MFSU and the MFSU upgrade kit, neither of which works. I can't NEI cheat things in; to resist temptation, I set up the world with cheating disabled. This is running 2.0.8.

mYbaVwx.png
bFz8jzA.png

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
@Impiryo
No ideas so far. Try this : start a new (single-player) world with cheating enabled. Then, see if you can narrow it down using various combos of NEI cheat-ins.

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
OK, on cheat mode, the lapotron crystal without a damage value works (unobtainable AFAIK), crystals with a damage value of 26 (empty) or 1 (full) do NOT work. Perhaps I'll just have to install minetweaker and add a recipe to convert. Any other ideas? Is there a way to enable cheat mode now, after the fact?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Not funny..... i am forced to rewrite whole Railcraft.zs script file... something broke, and I think it will be faster to just rewrite it, rather than fix it.

feralferret

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a config option to turn off the Project Zulu bugs spawning from breaking dirt / leaf blocks? I can't seem to find it and they are a little obnoxious. >.>

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
No... update the ProjectZulu to the latest. Bugs are totally broken, so they got removed completely

(yes there is a config file to enable/disable them... but its causing crashes :p)

edit: so either dont break leaves/grass or update :)