[1.7.10] Journey to the Core (Hardcore, HQM)

Reaccon

Jul 29, 2019
Can you please Update the Mod to 1.1.9 for FTB? Because i can't use the AT Launcher of these Java Issues.

autotatarCZ

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, first of all, i like your modpack, so far i had fun with it, but i got 1 pretty big problem, when i got to elevator i spawned prety much in, how to describe it, well there was stone everywhere not a single place without it (except for the one block around that had cobble underneath it) that's not a big issue, because i can just dig myself some base, i did that, but i had no luck in finding any gravel, i used all gravel i had from the previous dimension to repair my pickaxe, but it still broke and i am out of gravel so i can't fix it, i looked into recipies, but the only recipe to get gravel or flint were by using mill or pulverizer, but i don't have resources for that, any tip how to get flint in this situation?
If there already was this question, then i am sorry for botering you, but it's a long thread. :D

Thanks for any help. :p

EDIT: Allright, i was diggin the stone with my hand and managed to dig into some cave with some gravel, so i was able to fix my pickaxe, but it still is problem if it happens to someone and they won't have any luck finding a gravel, or cave.

Last edited:

bingo

Jul 29, 2019
First thing its a great pack and i really like it.... but it just hates me.... i got to day 66 got a big base and a running emc system and was preparing everything for going to the deep dark (sorry for the spoiler) and then suddenly a giant rift appeared in my base and everything is gone.:mad:.. the only things i got now are a giant rift and some floating chests midair... ill take a break for some days or i'll just destroy my pc but then ill go on going deeper into the caves :)

Reactions: Pudding01

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
First thing its a great pack and i really like it.... but it just hates me.... i got to day 66 got a big base and a running emc system and was preparing everything for going to the deep dark (sorry for the spoiler) and then suddenly a giant rift appeared in my base and everything is gone.:mad:.. the only things i got now are a giant rift and some floating chests midair... ill take a break for some days or i'll just destroy my pc but then ill go on going deeper into the caves :)
Burn the rift. It deserves pain.

Umbrakinetic

Jul 29, 2019
UH. Still nooby at this, but what's a rift?

Reactions: Pudding01

Satan_Kami_Sama

Jul 29, 2019
also i can't mine/break anything even after i used the portal
i gone into gm 1,0,2 and nothing i can't break anything
not even with the tools i got

Pooka

Jul 29, 2019
I'm missing something somewhere. I'm fairly new to moded minecraft so I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere, I just haven't found it yet. How do I get the ability to mine tin? As far as I can tell, I need bronze. But to make bronze I need tin. So... HELP! :)

EDIT: I found an answer almost as soon as I posted this. I just hadn't done enough mining to level my pickaxe yet.

Last edited:

Umbrakinetic

Jul 29, 2019
I'm missing something somewhere. I'm fairly new to moded minecraft so I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere, I just haven't found it yet. How do I get the ability to mine tin? As far as I can tell, I need bronze. But to make bronze I need tin. So... HELP! :)

EDIT: I found an answer almost as soon as I posted this. I just hadn't done enough mining to level my pickaxe yet.
Welcome to Iguana tweaks.
.-.

lolwutgamer

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with 2 starter quest in the HQM book.

The quest "Get your pantaloones" (or whatever) can't be completed at the start, because you can't make the armor from Brown Cobblestone (chiseled one, or extra utilities one).
There is no normal cobblestone in the starter area.

Also, I can't complete the quest with the dead wood... it says you're supposed to get Deadpine Logs... but you have Dead Wood in the starter area, not deadpine logs.

Are these quests even meant to be done in the starter area?

ousire

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack's design seems pretty awesome so far, but the changed Mob AI and the fact that Ghasts seem to be able to spawn anywhere pretty heavily is punishing base building. As soon as a ghast spawns, it'll just immediately start spewing fireballs at me, no matter where I am or how far away it is or how many layers of blocks are between us. I pretty much immediately need to change to peaceful mode or they'll level my entire base, since it's too early in the game for me to have any good ranged weaponry. I feel that either the Ghasts need to not fire at you when there's blocks in the way, like in vanilla, or they shouldn't be spawning in the first world.

D

Donomon

Guys I need help I load the mod but the map is not there is there something im just missing

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
I come here seeking help from explorers better than I: How in the name of all that is holy are you supposed to beat this pack in hardcore mode? Has anyone done it? Were you especially lucky? Do you have any general survival tips? Helpful items to craft, or mechanics I may be overlooking?

I'm a fairly good Minecraft player, but this pack just seems to have so many random death moments and a relative lack of extra lives. My current strategy is to turtle: On arriving in the Cave World, I immediately tunnel deep into the rock and never---EVER---go exploring until I've teched up to fully-enchanted Diamond. Even then, I had to cheat in a bunch of extra Hearts so that I could continue playing (keeping track of the lives I've lost, of course).

Between mobs able to see you through walls, Sniper Skeletons able to pick you off from so far away you can't see them, Creeper death squads ninja-ganking me out of nowhere, and being bounced around like a pinball by gangs of Skeletons, I had an easier time with Blood & Bones!

And that was before an earthquake replaced my whole base with a giant frakking ravine while I was out exploring*. Is there any information out there about earthquakes, the rifts they create, and (especially) base-design techniques that can mitigate the damage they cause? Actually: I think a quest or even a quest line that describes how structural integrity works in this modpack would be awesome---i.e. how far various materials can be built without support, which things are vulnerable to annihilation during an earthquake, etc.

(Note: I bold stuff as an in-line TL;DR, not because I'm yelling at you :) )
* exploring, n. --- the act of hiding in a pitch-black 2x1 Cobblestone hovel with a Sapling and a Rose, desperately begging your hunger bar to not run out before you've cured the crazies and healed enough to make a mad dash home through a hail of arrows, fireballs and explosions

UH. Still nooby at this, but what's a rift?
Your post is a few months old, but for others wondering the same thing: If you hear the sounds of rumbling rock, there's an Earthquake event happening somewhere nearish you. If you hear the sounds of rumbling rock and your screen is shaking, the Earthquake event is happening on top of you. Every time there's an Earthquake, there's a chance that it will generate a fissure/chasm/rift/ravine/whatever you want to call it. Almost everything in the path of a newly-formed rift is obliterated---and they're quite happy to plow straight through your base (note the minimap in the top right; this one only clipped me---also, I'm using a Nightvision buff):

S1g82sg.png

Last edited:
A

Ali3n Specimen

Hey, umm im new to this mod pack but im trying to get the texture pack that was mentioned the 'soartex' one but im not sure where to actually get it from when i click the link

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, umm im new to this mod pack but im trying to get the texture pack that was mentioned the 'soartex' one but im not sure where to actually get it from when i click the link
Just go to the "Maps and Textures" section of the FTB launcher and select the pack and install it, it will put it in the resource pack folder for you

K

KocLobster

At the very beginning of this modpack, everything works correctly, but the first quest that requires a few dirt/wood/gravel I can't seem to complete. As far as I can tell, it's some kind of bug. For whatever reason, the quest just will not recognize that I have the dirt in my inventory, and as such I can't progress any further.

I have searched all over this thread, the forums, google, youtube..everywhere, and I seem to be the only person experiencing this problem. There was one post earlier in this thread describing the same thing but he edited his post saying he resolved the issue, but doesn't explain how. I have tried reinstalling the instance, disabling/enabling mods, I've gathered every damn piece of dirt in beginning part of the map outside the cave, nothing seems to work.

Has no one else really experienced this problem? Why will HQM just not recognize that I have the dirt? I can't seem to get past this, and as such I can't even play the modpack because of it. Please help, someone!
635356669596699902.png

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
At the very beginning of this modpack, everything works correctly, but the first quest that requires a few dirt/wood/gravel I can't seem to complete. As far as I can tell, it's some kind of bug. For whatever reason, the quest just will not recognize that I have the dirt in my inventory, and as such I can't progress any further.

I have searched all over this thread, the forums, google, youtube..everywhere, and I seem to be the only person experiencing this problem. There was one post earlier in this thread describing the same thing but he edited his post saying he resolved the issue, but doesn't explain how. I have tried reinstalling the instance, disabling/enabling mods, I've gathered every damn piece of dirt in beginning part of the map outside the cave, nothing seems to work.

Has no one else really experienced this problem? Why will HQM just not recognize that I have the dirt? I can't seem to get past this, and as such I can't even play the modpack because of it. Please help, someone!
635356669596699902.png
If nothing else works, type /hqm edit. it will give you a copy of the book that can edit the book to complete quests. Throw it away after.

K

KocLobster

If nothing else works, type /hqm edit. it will give you a copy of the book that can edit the book to complete quests. Throw it away after.

Oh man thank you so much this sounds totally promising, I'll give it a try tomorrow..can't wait to finally play this modpack. On a side note, does anyone know where to find the Soartex resource pack that's specifically for this mod? I searched as best I could and looked at the site on the link of the first post; I didn't find any mention of a resource pack specifically for this mod, just a few others for other projects (ie. Adventure of the Wolf or HSTL Server or Project Phoenix/ProjectRET)- whatever those are... Also should I be clicking the Fanver button or the Invictus button? I feel like such an idiot for this...

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Oh man thank you so much this sounds totally promising, I'll give it a try tomorrow..can't wait to finally play this modpack. On a side note, does anyone know where to find the Soartex resource pack that's specifically for this mod? I searched as best I could and looked at the site on the link of the first post; I didn't find any mention of a resource pack specifically for this mod, just a few others for other projects (ie. Adventure of the Wolf or HSTL Server or Project Phoenix/ProjectRET)- whatever those are... Also should I be clicking the Fanver button or the Invictus button? I feel like such an idiot for this...
It's fine, i believe all you need to do is go to the "Maps and Textures" section of the launcher, select the pack, and it will already download to the right place.

Z

zaliack123

635356669596699902.png

Hey, for what it's worth - there are two types of dirt in this modpack. One with EMC, another without. God knows how or why, but it may be that HQM requires one kind and you have the other. Just cheat in the other dirt.

I come here seeking help from explorers better than I: How in the name of all that is holy are you supposed to beat this pack in hardcore mode? Has anyone done it? Were you especially lucky? Do you have any general survival tips? Helpful items to craft, or mechanics I may be overlooking?

I'm a fairly good Minecraft player, but this pack just seems to have so many random death moments and a relative lack of extra lives. My current strategy is to turtle: On arriving in the Cave World, I immediately tunnel deep into the rock and never---EVER---go exploring until I've teched up to fully-enchanted Diamond. Even then, I had to cheat in a bunch of extra Hearts so that I could continue playing (keeping track of the lives I've lost, of course).

Between mobs able to see you through walls, Sniper Skeletons able to pick you off from so far away you can't see them, Creeper death squads ninja-ganking me out of nowhere, and being bounced around like a pinball by gangs of Skeletons, I had an easier time with Blood & Bones!

And that was before an earthquake replaced my whole base with a giant frakking ravine while I was out exploring*. Is there any information out there about earthquakes, the rifts they create, and (especially) base-design techniques that can mitigate the damage they cause? Actually: I think a quest or even a quest line that describes how structural integrity works in this modpack would be awesome---i.e. how far various materials can be built without support, which things are vulnerable to annihilation during an earthquake, etc.

(Note: I bold stuff as an in-line TL;DR, not because I'm yelling at you :) )
[/SPOILER]

I've managed to make it to the nether with relatively few deaths. The only tips I can give is:-

1. Get lucky with your world generation. You want to be able to dig into a really thick wall. This way, you can listen out for when zombies are digging to get at ya. Kill them asap, to prevent creepers sneaking in.

2. In the early game, use slabs to build your base., and always use stairs when mining. These prevent mobs from spawning in your area.

3. Once you've got a decent amount of coal, go outside your base and light up as much area as you can. If the mobs can't spawn, they won't see you through the walls :).

4. Crossbows are OP as hell, use them. They are practically you're only way of picking of creepers, since they explode as soon as they are in a certain range. In the early game, try to get 9 blue slimes to craft a blue slime crossbow limb (Upgrade to pink slime when you can).

5. Obsidian is awesome. John Cena can't do jack against obsidian.

Once you get to the Deep Dark, life gets so much easier. (ProjectE FTW)