[1.7.10] Industrial Revolution [Tech] [No RF focus]

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Any chance of FastLeafDecay making it into the pack? It doesn't add any magic blocks or anything, just gives me better things to do than beat anti-gravity leaves to death. :)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Slightly problematic infinite loop going on currently.
To finish building a smeltery to progress into metal pick heads (aka get higher than flint) you need seared brick blocks or seared stone.
Seared brick blocks require stone bricks.
Stone bricks can only be made in a pressure chamber or with a chisel - both of which require iron to make.
Iron can't be mined without a better pickaxe head than what is available without the smeltery...

Reactions: psp

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
The one problem I have is that I don't know what any of these mods are like because I only know rotarycraft from monster (barely anything might i add) and I've only heard of the other major tech mods in this pack. It seems perfect for me if i understood it better, I guess i could research these a bit.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Slightly problematic infinite loop going on currently.
To finish building a smeltery to progress into metal pick heads (aka get higher than flint) you need seared brick blocks or seared stone.
Seared brick blocks require stone bricks.
Stone bricks can only be made in a pressure chamber or with a chisel - both of which require iron to make.
Iron can't be mined without a better pickaxe head than what is available without the smeltery...
Yes, that's err, an issue...
I will fix that ASAP. I forgot I added Iguana Tweaks at the last minute v_v I think I will have players spawn with an iron pickaxe ;)

Either that or remove Ig. Tweaks

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The one problem I have is that I don't know what any of these mods are like because I only know rotarycraft from monster (barely anything might i add) and I've only heard of the other major tech mods in this pack. It seems perfect for me if i understood it better, I guess i could research these a bit.
Luckily most of the mods in the pack you will have encountered in other packs, or they have their own guide book:
Rotarycraft, Reactorcraft, Rails of War, Tinkers' Construct, Flaxbeard's Steam Power. All have a guide book of how to use them.
PneumaticCraft uses the in-game wiki mod (I believe the keybind is "i" by default) so you can learn it through that.
As for the other mods, there is plenty of online documentation, should you need it :)
Any chance of FastLeafDecay making it into the pack? It doesn't add any magic blocks or anything, just gives me better things to do than beat anti-gravity leaves to death. :)
Yeah, sure, why not :)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
As you seem to be changing the stone bricks recipe to gate RotaryCraft behind PneumaticCraft why not just gate the blast furnace? You'd have to request the addition of compressed iron as a gating material as it doesn't seem to be available currently but there is a config to allow gating, what it does is change the recipe to require 4 stone bricks, 1 redstone, and 4 of the chosen items, multiple items chosen just adds multiple recipes for each item. Currently available gating materials are alumite, obsidian ingots, obsidian, steel, copper, gold, silver, brass, bronze, titanium, dark steel, steeleaf, ironwood, and manyullyn.

Also given the mentioned chisel method your current gating method is pretty poor anyway as it just requires one iron to get a chisel which is much easier then a blast chamber. For an alternate method of breaking the loop though, add a recipe for seared stone or seared cobblestone, doesn't need to be simple as you only need one for a smeltery but that seems to be the issue so why not? You'd still want seared bricks for appearance likely but it works anyway.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
As you seem to be changing the stone bricks recipe to gate RotaryCraft behind PneumaticCraft why not just gate the blast furnace? You'd have to request the addition of compressed iron as a gating material as it doesn't seem to be available currently but there is a config to allow gating, what it does is change the recipe to require 4 stone bricks, 1 redstone, and 4 of the chosen items, multiple items chosen just adds multiple recipes for each item. Currently available gating materials are alumite, obsidian ingots, obsidian, steel, copper, gold, silver, brass, bronze, titanium, dark steel, steeleaf, ironwood, and manyullyn.

Also given the mentioned chisel method your current gating method is pretty poor anyway as it just requires one iron to get a chisel which is much easier then a blast chamber. For an alternate method of breaking the loop though, add a recipe for seared stone or seared cobblestone, doesn't need to be simple as you only need one for a smeltery but that seems to be the issue so why not? You'd still want seared bricks for appearance likely but it works anyway.
I totally forgot about chisel being able to get stone bricks, so that's another thing I need to fix :)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I totally forgot about chisel being able to get stone bricks, so that's another thing I need to fix :)
That's not very nice :(, some of us like stone bricks.

Why not gate it behind something else like requiring ores that only a compressed iron pick or better can mine? That could work, currently you have the smeltery held behind a compression chamber which is the big issue imo, the seared cobble/stone recipe would work there though. Dropping the mining levels by one seems worse at least to me, although I'm not much of a fan of iguana tweaks modified mining levels anyway.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Luckily there's a config that does exactly this, prevents smooth stone being chiseled into stone bricks.
Not happening... I like being able to chisel stone directly to stone bricks (when living in a hole, this is amazing)

That's not very nice :(, some of us like stone bricks.

Why not gate it behind something else like requiring ores that only a compressed iron pick or better can mine? That could work, currently you have the smeltery held behind a compression chamber which is the big issue imo, the seared cobble/stone recipe would work there though. Dropping the mining levels by one seems worse at least to me, although I'm not much of a fan of iguana tweaks modified mining levels anyway.
It's gonna be instead of iron it will use an iron chisel head (so you have to use tinker's to get it)

But I do agree, I am not the biggest fan of IgTweaks. So we will see how evil I am feeling when I get home.
I like IgTweaks for random modifiers, but not for mining levels :p

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
If you have space, I'd like to try the server. I'm working on getting more practical use out of Reika's mods, and a community server / pack with this as a focus seems like an excellent place for me to learn it / see how others progress along that tech tree.

Username: Senseidragon

Reactions: jordsta95

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Ohman I wonna play :3 It's been so long since I last did things with RoC/ReC properly <3 IGN is Minuhasune

E: And ElectriCraft :eek:

Reactions: jordsta95

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
I found a village that circumvented a lot of things, i went straight from flint to steel (once i got a smeltery) and can make a fairly large one from the seared bricks in town, and it has a rolling machine too. Maybe nerf that a tiny bit so steel isnt in village chests.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I found a village that circumvented a lot of things, i went straight from flint to steel (once i got a smeltery) and can make a fairly large one from the seared bricks in town, and it has a rolling machine too. Maybe nerf that a tiny bit so steel isnt in village chests.
Maaaaybe, but that doesn't give people a reason to try and find a village :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
If you have space, I'd like to try the server. I'm working on getting more practical use out of Reika's mods, and a community server / pack with this as a focus seems like an excellent place for me to learn it / see how others progress along that tech tree.

Username: Senseidragon
Ohman I wonna play :3 It's been so long since I last did things with RoC/ReC properly <3 IGN is Minuhasune

E: And ElectriCraft :eek:
Both of you have been added :)