[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
crash:
Was an OptiFine "smooth chunk loading" issue that was causing crash.

It's always OptiFine causing issues, zz.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019
Playing Hubris v1.6.1 - super fun, thank you. Having a problem with golems.

Everything works fine while the player is nearby (this is single player survival) - but when the player moves away, the golems all stop moving and doing their job. The tree farm golems. The crop harvesters. The golem that keeps the agricraft tank full. The sort golem that empties the ender chest into barrels. All work as intended when the player is nearby, but stop when more than, say, 2 chunks away (32 blocks, no more than double that).

I'm using the chicken chunks chunkloader. The golems are inside the laser boundaries.

Any suggestions? How do I get the golems to keep working while I'm out raiding dungeons for loot?

Edit: turned out to be Optifine - it stops entities a few chunks away from moving even when chunkloaded! A tiny mod called optinerf by Ferne fixed it for me. Thanks Ferne!

Last edited:

RagingBoreas

Jul 29, 2019
Did Hubris got removed from the launcher?

My thirdparty.xml is showing entries for BeeHappy, Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest, GalacticScience, Banished, Obscurity, VoidWorld, Refuge, Regrowth, CrashLanding, and Vanilla Minecraft. I tried to delete it, and the launcher downloaded exactly the same xml.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Did Hubris got removed from the launcher?

My thirdparty.xml is showing entries for BeeHappy, Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest, GalacticScience, Banished, Obscurity, VoidWorld, Refuge, Regrowth, CrashLanding, and Vanilla Minecraft. I tried to delete it, and the launcher downloaded exactly the same xml.
You need to use the pack code "hubris" which is provided in the first post in this thread.

Reactions: RagingBoreas
D

djinzanedude

I'm new and i am confused on how to find the launcher and i need help figuring it out.

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new and i am confused on how to find the launcher and i need help figuring it out.

Go to http://www.feed-the-beast.com/

You will see a link to the launchers on that screen. Download and install the appropriate one for you (Windows, Mac or Linux)

Once installed and running, you will see a field to enter a pack code, enter the pack code for Hubris found on the first post of this thread.

TheAtomicOption

Jul 29, 2019
First, this modpack has been the most fun I've had in modded minecraft in a long time. Most packs just aren't a challenge at all anymore so it was a great change to have to eek out a spot among the taint. Thank you!

Some feedback:
Early game food is a big problem. I found myself suiciding to refill the hunger bar a lot. Adding a bunch of (possibly repeatable) quests to guide the player into using Agricraft and Pam's more would be great. Specifically having one of the quests gift a Garden for getting Pam's ingredients would be super important since I've been unable to find one so far.

The food/saturation of the various dishes in Pam's are pretty nonsensical relative to each other, to reality, and to the difficulty of getting their ingredients in Hubris. Not sure sure if this is actually configurable as I didn't see a config for it.

Also some of the quest trees aren't very sequential to how the mods are actually needed/used. I'm pretty deep into the AM2 tree now, and I don't even have all the flowers for the second task yet.

Ubiquitous taint was one of the reasons I decided to try this pack, and it was interesting learning how to build a base in it without being overgrown by it. The story is also interesting. That said, next new world, I'd also love to try a pack similar to this with normal biomes and something like the hostile DrZhark's Mo' Creatures Mod for difficulty. Taint already *everywhere* else discourages exploration quite a bit.

Reactions: Nicolás Granelli

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Taint already *everywhere* else discourages exploration quite a bit.

Because of my very cautious play style, I built a Venezia as soon as I found access to the ocean, and I negated most of the aventure part of the pack (save from a battle tower or two in the ocean). But after playing for a lot of time, and having good armor, I tried something: I ran into the continent. At first, you take damage all the time from taint (there are items that help with that), but when you reach newly generated chunks, the taint is not bad. You just have to keep moving.

Also, I have to admit, I disabled infernalmobs and some of the specialmobs variants (thief, hungry), but that's me just being super bad at combat

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Because of my very cautious play style, I built a Venezia as soon as I found access to the ocean, and I negated most of the aventure part of the pack (save from a battle tower or two in the ocean). But after playing for a lot of time, and having good armor, I tried something: I ran into the continent. At first, you take damage all the time from taint (there are items that help with that), but when you reach newly generated chunks, the taint is not bad. You just have to keep moving.

Also, I have to admit, I disabled infernalmobs and some of the specialmobs variants (thief, hungry), but that's me just being super bad at combat
I don't blame you for disabling Thieves and Hungry mobs, they're both EXTREMELY BS to have to fight. Especially when you're walking through a cave, one gets the drop on you and steals your Sharp V, Wrath V void metal sword, and then uses it to murder you.

TheAtomicOption

Jul 29, 2019
It'd also be nice if the custom recipies like the ones for shimmerleaf and various saplings were mentioned in the quest book. I didnt' realize that I could make them without trekking all over until I accidentally clicked one in NEI

Arachnid_XIII

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this has been reported or if maybe its only me
but i am playing on my friends Single Player game with him via Hamatchi, and we have almost completed the Thaumcraft quests (only need tainticle ring and no idea how to get it XD)
and are delving pretty far into Botania and Ars magica now. However i am trying to use the Magica Wizard chalk to create the ritual to allow my obilisks to work at night and day time as passive generators

and every time i start placing the chalk down the game just crashes and closes to desktop
Have even tried spawning in the chalk runes themselves and placing them creates the crash aswell

Has this been reported / any known fixes ?? or will you need the crash log ?? (i will have to get it sent to me ASAP if so)