[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble with the TC infernal furnace NOT processing native ore clusters in Hubris? It processes iron ore just fine, spitting out ingots and nuggets, but when I drop native clusters into it they just go away...Which is rather irritating given the extra work and resources involved.

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
Tell you in a couple of hours, once I get my Botania setup relocated and have room to build one.

Flamarow

Jul 29, 2019
I have almost completed this modpack using the 1.6.1 version and I have run into 2 bugs so far. The Tinkerbell quest under thaumaturge gives "invalid item" and crafting one still crashes the game so you have to cheat to spawn one (which does work.)

The second bug is that the storage quest in Magical Things required specifically a void tear with nothing stored in it which is impossible without spawning one. This should instead require an empty void tear.

Also, I am not sure if it is a bug but the Nature Guardian quest is labeled as 'Always Invisible' so it is hard to figure out why you are stuck at 97% on 'The Arcane'. I am not sure how dryads spawn so it might be nice to link this to dark arts and mention cloning the dryad you get as a reward.

Edit: I just tried using the blood syringe on the dryads and found out I couldn't extract blood from them so ignore what I said about cloning them... :(

Finally, the taintacles are way too rare considering you need to scan one to complete a quest. I can understand why they are turned down since infernal mobs would make them a nightmare but perhaps you should add a recipe for the taintacle spawn egg like with the hobgoblin egg since we almost completed the map before finding a single taintacle.

Is anyone else having trouble with the TC infernal furnace NOT processing native ore clusters in Hubris? It processes iron ore just fine, spitting out ingots and nuggets, but when I drop native clusters into it they just go away...Which is rather irritating given the extra work and resources involved.
I think the native ore clusters worked for me but I only did 1 or 2. There is something much nicer you can research under witching gadgets for processing native clusters. I highly suggest making one immediately if you are using native clusters.

Last edited:

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
So I fussed with it for a while. Got sidetracked. Learned a few things. First, open crates won't pass items into an item grate without an air block between. Fixed that.
Second, there are dupe bugs with the Transvector Interface. I'm using one to hopper the goods into an open crate above the furnace to make the most of the cramped space I put it in, and now I'm occasionally getting more glass than I put in sand, more stone than I put in cobble. More ingots than double the clusters I put in (they are working for me). I can't match the problem you're describing, though. Can you give some screens of your arrangement?

Specifically, 33 gold clusters turned into 126 ingots. I'm not complaining, but it's almost as messed up in the other direction as what you're getting.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
I think the native ore clusters worked for me but I only did 1 or 2. There is something much nicer you can research under witching gadgets for processing native clusters. I highly suggest making one immediately if you are using native clusters.

I'm aware of the blast furnace, I just haven't gotten there yet.

Second, there are dupe bugs with the Transvector Interface. I'm using one to hopper the goods into an open crate above the furnace to make the most of the cramped space I put it in, and now I'm occasionally getting more glass than I put in sand, more stone than I put in cobble. More ingots than double the clusters I put in (they are working for me). I can't match the problem you're describing, though. Can you give some screens of your arrangement?

No screenshot needed in this case...It's nothing more than an IF with 3 bellows, one on each side socketed into the center hole where they belong. No additional fancy stuff yet...I rushed TF to get that far because I was impatient with how little iron I was acquiring, so it's just barely set up. There was no crash, so I don't know that there'd be anything in any logs, either. I just threw in a bunch of iron NOCs and got absolutely nothing out at all.

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, that's weird. The things that come to mind to check are:
Modpack version
Bundled Thaumcraft version

Normally, I'd be looking in the MineTweaker configs, but this pack doesn't include that. Do you know what mod added the TC sapling recipes? There might be a mistake in that one somewhere.

Dzura

Jul 29, 2019
I know somebody already probably mentioned it in this thread but with 114 pages nothing came up when I searched just wanted to know if there was a way to automate cobble gen in any of these mods or is my cobble gen into hopper to Barrel combination the only way I can go?

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019
I know somebody already probably mentioned it in this thread but with 114 pages nothing came up when I searched just wanted to know if there was a way to automate cobble gen in any of these mods or is my cobble gen into hopper to Barrel combination the only way I can go?

Yes. While I don't recall the exact name of it, it's from Witching Gadgets, and its entry in the Thauminomicon either starts out unlocked or is very early in WG's page. It automatically outputs to an inventory adjacent to the side opposite of where you placed it from. Just stick it behind a barrel and you're good to go.

Reactions: Dzura

Patzos

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. While I don't recall the exact name of it, it's from Witching Gadgets, and its entry in the Thauminomicon either starts out unlocked or is very early in WG's page. It automatically outputs to an inventory adjacent to the side opposite of where you placed it from. Just stick it behind a barrel and you're good to go.
damn I was already typing the same answer. this machine is so good it's like cheating.

Also it stops producing if inventory in front full. Get-it-and-forget-it.

Reactions: Dzura

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
Normally, I'd be looking in the MineTweaker configs, but this pack doesn't include that.

I am a dumb. But now I've just spent half an hour cleaning up the duplicate and contradictory entires from Crafting.zs, and I don't see any entries that should affect smelting recipes at all. That makes me think you might have a corrupted mod download, @TheElectricCake. Have you tried pulling the same version of TC4 from Azanor's archives, fresh? That might clear it up.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
I am a dumb. But now I've just spent half an hour cleaning up the duplicate and contradictory entires from Crafting.zs, and I don't see any entries that should affect smelting recipes at all. That makes me think you might have a corrupted mod download, @TheElectricCake. Have you tried pulling the same version of TC4 from Azanor's archives, fresh? That might clear it up.

I did this, and now both the regular Infernal Furnace and the Infernal Blast Furnace (I built one to see if it was something messed up with the IF itself as opposed to the OreDict) are working correctly. Thanks for the suggestion!

EDIT: I just checked the output chest for my Botania automatic rune-maker upstairs. The one next to the HOPPERHOCK. Guess what was FULL of iron clusters? *FACEPALM*

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
Ahahahaha. Nice.

I actually just had an episode today with the furnace processing cobble into smoothstone, but whatever it was spitting out (and blipping into my inventory or being swallowed with appropriate noises by the hungry chest) would just evaporate instantly. Like it was smelting into vapor.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to turn off fast leaf decay? I thought maybe it was the Fast Leaf Decay mod, but I don't see where that's actually installed in the modpack? Is it a config setting in some other mod, then?

I'd really like to use my Botania Munchdews. I have a feeling that FLD was put in for convenience/quality of life, not because "OMG MUNCHDEW SO OP!" or anything silly like that.

Patzos

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to turn off fast leaf decay? I thought maybe it was the Fast Leaf Decay mod, but I don't see where that's actually installed in the modpack? Is it a config setting in some other mod, then?

I'd really like to use my Botania Munchdews. I have a feeling that FLD was put in for convenience/quality of life, not because "OMG MUNCHDEW SO OP!" or anything silly like that.
I think its Random Things Mod.

Reactions: Reil

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
Random Things definitely provides that functionality. And Munchdews are pretty self-balancing, I think, since you need a secondary farm to collect saplings if you want to scale them up at all.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
I think its Random Things Mod.

Random Things definitely provides that functionality. And Munchdews are pretty self-balancing, I think, since you need a secondary farm to collect saplings if you want to scale them up at all.

Got it, thanks folks!

It's this, actually:

/FTB Install/Hubris/minecraft/config/RandomThings.cfg

vanillachanges {
# Leaves will decay much faster when no longer connected to a log
B:FasterLeaveDecay=true <==== Change this to false​

And yeah, I agree that Munchdews are self-balancing. I just was forestalling the inevitable scream of "OMG that isn't what the modpack author intended!"