[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you all for your responses! Another puzzling issue if I may: the eldrich obelisk and the portal to Outer lands.
I have found obelisks all with a tainted node not a sinister one. Is it that it becomes tainted cause im not quick enough to spot it and biome-change it? Cultists can still channel as long as the fibrous taint dont damage them but eyes dont work.
Does they generate within the twilight forest so I can use that portal? how do you got around it? thanks in advance
I think you may have just gotten unlucky or weren't fast enough. My node remained sinister until I was able to throw down a few Blooms to save it, but it remained Sinister for a good 15 minutes while I was fighting the cultists.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks, I'm playing Hubris and am having a problem with mana generation when I'm away from my base. I assumed the chunks would stay loaded but after I first ran into the issue I even went and made chunk loaders on all the chunks with mana generation and I'm still losing mana fast as soon as I leave my base. Anyone have any ideas why my mana generation wouldn't keep steady when I leave?
I have 160 hydra-something-or-other plants at the corners of 3x3 pools of water. The water is not running out. I'm just getting really frustrated, having equipment that runs on mana isn't any good if you can't leave your base.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks, I'm playing Hubris and am having a problem with mana generation when I'm away from my base. I assumed the chunks would stay loaded but after I first ran into the issue I even went and made chunk loaders on all the chunks with mana generation and I'm still losing mana fast as soon as I leave my base. Anyone have any ideas why my mana generation wouldn't keep steady when I leave?
I have 160 hydra-something-or-other plants at the corners of 3x3 pools of water. The water is not running out. I'm just getting really frustrated, having equipment that runs on mana isn't any good if you can't leave your base.
Check what version is currently being used in the pack, then go to the Botania github or forums and see if others are having similar issues? If they are, poke Vazkii, but if they aren't, it's likely a compatibility issue that'll need looking into.

Manphite

Jul 29, 2019
Hello people, I'm looking for some advice. Long story short, I'm stuck in the twilight forest with no portal, it spawned on one of those sky dungeon islands and was destroyed by a gang of charged creepers :/
Any ideas on how I can get back to the overworld?

Nightpearl

Jul 29, 2019
Hello people, I'm looking for some advice. Long story short, I'm stuck in the twilight forest with no portal, it spawned on one of those sky dungeon islands and was destroyed by a gang of charged creepers :/

If you haven't set your spawn to twilight, you can temporarily change 'gamerule keepInventory true' then die, it should drop you back to your spawn... if your cheats are off, you can turn them on by opening to lan in the 'ESC' menu, that changing back afterwards...

There might also be a teleport command that will transport you across dimensions, but I cannot recall what it is

Reactions: Manphite

Manphite

Jul 29, 2019
If you haven't set your spawn to twilight, you can temporarily change 'gamerule keepInventory true' then die, it should drop you back to your spawn... if your cheats are off, you can turn them on by opening to lan in the 'ESC' menu, that changing back afterwards...

There might also be a teleport command that will transport you across dimensions, but I cannot recall what it is

It seems the spawn has been set, it respawns me back where the portal was when I die. I'll look around for a /tp command though, thanks for the reply!

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019

Update: I didn't have the chunks where the mana was supposed to be stored loaded. :facepalm:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
It seems the spawn has been set, it respawns me back where the portal was when I die. I'll look around for a /tp command though, thanks for the reply!
Well, Mystcraft as far as I remember isn't in this pack (though if you add it temporarily, the /tpx command might help), so you may need to build another portal.
You do so with a diamond (that you throw in after building the rest), a 2x2 pool of water, and make sure the sides (all ten of them, diagonals count too) are grass blocks with flowers or long grass on them. I'd recommend cheating the stuff in, cause that is a kinda dumb glitch.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Well, Mystcraft as far as I remember isn't in this pack (though if you add it temporarily, the /tpx command might help), so you may need to build another portal.
You do so with a diamond (that you throw in after building the rest), a 2x2 pool of water, and make sure the sides (all ten of them, diagonals count too) are grass blocks with flowers or long grass on them. I'd recommend cheating the stuff in, cause that is a kinda dumb glitch.
IIRC if cofh core is in the pack then there is also the "/cofh tpx" which is functionally identical to the mystcraft one.

TehGrundle

Jul 29, 2019

I had the same problem and tried to recreate a portal home for an hour or two before I discovered that Drastic disabled portal creation in the Twilight Forest config by default to prevent folks from creating one early to avoid dealing with taint. So just head over to the config and enable it and then you can create a portal home as Trisscar described.

Reactions: Manphite

TehGrundle

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently working on feeding a hungry node at the moment and wanted to get your advice. At present, I'm currently just using a hopper to drop crafting tables one at a time that I've crafted by hand. But it's taking a really long time... It seems like people use tech mods in Infinity to pump in swords for Telum since they don't stack. Any ideas on how to do that with the mods that we have?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently working on feeding a hungry node at the moment and wanted to get your advice. At present, I'm currently just using a hopper to drop crafting tables one at a time that I've crafted by hand. But it's taking a really long time... It seems like people use tech mods in Infinity to pump in swords for Telum since they don't stack. Any ideas on how to do that with the mods that we have?
Golems with their own version of crafting tables? Also Botania has it's own auto crafting stuff, but..... it's really hard to work with imo, you have to control what items go in when and a bunch of other stuff. But yeah, Automagy in general probably has most of what you need.

Manphite

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem and tried to recreate a portal home for an hour or two before I discovered that Drastic disabled portal creation in the Twilight Forest config by default to prevent folks from creating one early to avoid dealing with taint. So just head over to the config and enable it and then you can create a portal home as Trisscar described.

Tweaking the config worked, thank you! :)

Patzos

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know for sure but I might have heard in a video that hungry node's "consumables" better be not stacked. So I'd keep the hopper as it drops one at a time. Think that was a Direwolf video iirc.

TehGrundle

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know for sure but I might have heard in a video that hungry node's "consumables" better be not stacked. So I'd keep the hopper as it drops one at a time. Think that was a Direwolf video iirc.
You're right, but I think that only makes a difference if you are piping the items into the node thorough some sort of tech mod. Here's what I did:

-use golem plants tree, applies bone meal. Chop golem chops it down, gather golem puts logs in an ender chest.
-ender chest puts logs into a golem work bench via hopper. Empty golem turns them into planks and puts them in another golem work bench. A second empty golem turns planks into crafting tables and drops them in another ender chest.
-ender chest on top of hopper, on top of open crate drops crafting tables into hungry node one at a time.

It's working fine, the current bottleneck is the tree farm. But my next step is to place an upgrade on one of the benches to add a second recipe for stone swords since I have around 30 k cobble in an emerald barrel. This way, the golem can stay busy by making swords when he has cobble and tables when he has planks. In order to do this I will need to upgrade one into an advanced golem.

It's probably not the most efficient but this is my first modpack outside of Better Than Wolves.

Reactions: Nightpearl

kaocrat

Jul 29, 2019
Bleh, just made a Tome of Alkahestry and it seems to crash me out every single time I attempt to use it. Only after did I think I saw someone else having the same problem and behold:

Running pack version 1.4.1

I just started playing this pack for the 1st time and am having the same problem. Tome of Alkahestry crashes the game when I equip it and right click.

Has anyone come up with a fix for this?

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
I just started playing this pack for the 1st time and am having the same problem. Tome of Alkahestry crashes the game when I equip it and right click.

Has anyone come up with a fix for this?

In the months since that first post was uploaded, no one other than you and Enepttastic has stepped forward saying they're having the same problem, which suggests it's something specific to your install. Things you should mention: Have you in any way modified the modpack? Any extra mods? Not saying those things is just going to make people ask them.

It's customary to submit your crash log if you want serious help with a crash, but don't do it here. The post immediately above yours was the modpack owner saying to please not post bugs here any longer and giving you the correct link to do it, you know? Good luck with it!

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
You're right, but I think that only makes a difference if you are piping the items into the node thorough some sort of tech mod. Here's what I did:

-use golem plants tree, applies bone meal. Chop golem chops it down, gather golem puts logs in an ender chest.
-ender chest puts logs into a golem work bench via hopper. Empty golem turns them into planks and puts them in another golem work bench. A second empty golem turns planks into crafting tables and drops them in another ender chest.
-ender chest on top of hopper, on top of open crate drops crafting tables into hungry node one at a time.

It's working fine, the current bottleneck is the tree farm. But my next step is to place an upgrade on one of the benches to add a second recipe for stone swords since I have around 30 k cobble in an emerald barrel. This way, the golem can stay busy by making swords when he has cobble and tables when he has planks. In order to do this I will need to upgrade one into an advanced golem.

It's probably not the most efficient but this is my first modpack outside of Better Than Wolves.

Your first step is good, but Botania can do the rest more easily. The quests will walk you through to crafty crates (Alfhomancy is really easy to reach, especially if you have an automated treefarm with those golems). Two of those, two crafting patterns, two hoppers. Your ender chest. Endless fabricio.

TehGrundle

Jul 29, 2019
Your first step is good, but Botania can do the rest more easily. The quests will walk you through to crafty crates (Alfhomancy is really easy to reach, especially if you have an automated treefarm with those golems). Two of those, two crafting patterns, two hoppers. Your ender chest. Endless fabricio.

Thank you for this! It works really well and would have taken much less to get up and running since I already have Alfhomancy and 30 dreamwood logs sitting in my botania chest. Now I just need to idle for a few days to get those numbers up on my hungry node. Currently the primals are all at around 150. I heard that hungry nodes can bully others without consuming them if they are eight blocks apart so I should be able to set up a 16 by 16 by 16 with the hungry node at the center and a node in each corner of the cube to speed it up even more. I want that sucker to be huge!