[1.7.10]Atonement: Sins of the Past Hardcore Survival Thaumcraft Focused

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
In this version the Clockwork Pickaxe is very slow on copper and zinc ores (flaxbeard), infused stone (thaumcraft), and the winding box (clockwork). Compared to iron or coal ore for example. Not sure what's up with that.
Yeah, the update to Clockwork that fixed the shovel....broke the pick axe.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everybody I would drop in and let you guys know that I have been talking to the clockwork dev to get these issues resolved. So in the next update clockwork armor will be enchantable by normal means, but the tools are not meant to be enchantable because the pocket watch is how you get your tool enchantes by using the silk touch or furnace module. Also note that you can use the pocket watch to gain extra health in addition to absorption as well as gain feather falling and several other features. As to the future of clockwork Lumaceon is currently going through and refreshing the code to make everything run smoother and then she plans on adding some great features in the future.

Mr_Hosed

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any method of getting Mana Beans? To craft the Weather Deflector I need 24 Tempestas, but currently I only have 1 reliable source through the Weather Machine block. Of course that means making 3 of those (3 diamonds basically) and burning them up into essentia along with crafting the final one needed for the infusion.

The other option is wispy essences via that botanical flower that generates them, which I'm working towards, but that flower also requires a ton of diamonds to make and you must destroy a node or hunt wisps in the Nether (destroy a node, doing anything in the Nether is just annoying if not outright dangerous) for the initial Aurum essentia to craft it as well.

So I was thinking I would go for the 3rd option, Mana Bean farm, but can't figure out how to get beans...

Wait, I suppose I could try and find a Pech somehow and trade off those guys (or kill 'em)...

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Is there any method of getting Mana Beans? To craft the Weather Deflector I need 24 Tempestas, but currently I only have 1 reliable source through the Weather Machine block. Of course that means making 3 of those (3 diamonds basically) and burning them up into essentia along with crafting the final one needed for the infusion.

The other option is wispy essences via that botanical flower that generates them, which I'm working towards, but that flower also requires a ton of diamonds to make and you must destroy a node or hunt wisps in the Nether (destroy a node, doing anything in the Nether is just annoying if not outright dangerous) for the initial Aurum essentia to craft it as well.

So I was thinking I would go for the 3rd option, Mana Bean farm, but can't figure out how to get beans...

Wait, I suppose I could try and find a Pech somehow and trade off those guys (or kill 'em)...
You really are best off just burning Weather Machines. Mana Bean farms aren't reliable anymore.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
You really are best off just burning Weather Machines. Mana Bean farms aren't reliable anymore.
Oh, why is that? Last I heard you just had to farm them manually (on the bottoms of logs), and the only mana beans available in the wild were the base elements, which you then crossbred up to whatever element you were looking to farm.

Also they were really slow without a lamp of growth.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, why is that? Last I heard you just had to farm them manually (on the bottoms of logs), and the only mana beans available in the wild were the base elements, which you then crossbred up to whatever element you were looking to farm.

I always thought they were good to make farms for, and the only issue was when you ate them there was always a crash from the potion effect that I don't know if they ever got fixed.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013

Pretty much that. Trying top farm your way up to Tempestus beans would take many, many,, many times longer than it would take to mine up the diamonds you'd use if you just burned the weather machines. 30 or 40 minutes of mining, or less if you are using ore detectors like the Pickaxe of the Core, and you're done. Mana bean farming would take several hours at the very least.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Has anyone tried using Botania Bellethorne in this pack? It makes witches almost invulnerable for some reason.

I put one in a room of witch spawners, so that they get damaged and drink potions before I kill them. That doesn't seem to be working.

Byryndyk30

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. Is it possible to disable the HardCore mode ? I have a wooden PC and play with HardCore mode - is meaningless ...

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Greatwood logs somehow burn a very long time, if their face is set on fire with flint and steel. Not permanently like netherrack, but long enough for several witch cauldron operations.

That makes leather production very easy. Steal a cauldron from a goblin, kill the goblin for good measure, farm a few witch hands, convert hands into rotten flesh (no altar needed), convert flesh into leather in a crucible. There's also two flesh-to-leather recipes for some reason, one in Thaumic Horizons and one in Esoterica.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
hey guys, first off, enjoying the pack and love the books shane. awesome job there.

I'm somewhat of a thaumcraft noob so I could be doing something wrong on my own here... But I can't seem to get the magic mirror research.
* it's not disabled in configs
* I've scanned an enderpearl and it said I got a clue for new research
* I've got infusion researched (not infusion enchanting tho)

What am I doing wrong?

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys, first off, enjoying the pack and love the books shane. awesome job there.

I'm somewhat of a thaumcraft noob so I could be doing something wrong on my own here... But I can't seem to get the magic mirror research.
* it's not disabled in configs
* I've scanned an enderpearl and it said I got a clue for new research
* I've got infusion researched (not infusion enchanting tho)

What am I doing wrong?
You are probably just missing the prerequisite research.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
You are probably just missing the prerequisite research.
hey, ironic that :) I've been watching your vids as I progressed :) Thank you for those! I've learned a lot from your vids. It's helped me get past that blind spot I had for thaumcraft all this time.

I thought infusion was the only prereq. does it require warp to get? Been avoiding that for the time being which might explain that.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Are skeletons working as intended? The black ones die in one hit, while the white require me to hit them 3-4 times.

My sword normally does 49 damage, so that seems weird (clockwork).

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
hey, ironic that :) I've been watching your vids as I progressed :) Thank you for those! I've learned a lot from your vids. It's helped me get past that blind spot I had for thaumcraft all this time.

I thought infusion was the only prereq. does it require warp to get? Been avoiding that for the time being which might explain that.
Shouldn't require any warped knowledge, I tend to avoid that as well and it's opened for me. I say just keep unlocking everything you can that is not warped, it might require something in alchemy or wand tab, not 100% sure as it seems to have changed since the last time anyone made a detailed write up.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Shouldn't require any warped knowledge, I tend to avoid that as well and it's opened for me. I say just keep unlocking everything you can that is not warped, it might require something in alchemy or wand tab, not 100% sure as it seems to have changed since the last time anyone made a detailed write up.
I've spent many hours going through research and avoiding warp related things (only want to wait till I have most of the rest done so don't get visited while researching) Still nothing but I've avoided all warp related except the research expertise right from the start.

I have a sneaky suspicion it has to be gated through one of them, so I think that's the avenue I'll head down now.

One thing of note. when I scanned the ender pearl, I forgot to have paper/scribing tools on my person at the time. I got no error msg, it just said you learned something interesting or whatever I said earlier.

Thanks again

Mr_Hosed

Jul 29, 2019
I've spent many hours going through research and avoiding warp related things (only want to wait till I have most of the rest done so don't get visited while researching) Still nothing but I've avoided all warp related except the research expertise right from the start.

I have a sneaky suspicion it has to be gated through one of them, so I think that's the avenue I'll head down now.

One thing of note. when I scanned the ender pearl, I forgot to have paper/scribing tools on my person at the time. I got no error msg, it just said you learned something interesting or whatever I said earlier.

Thanks again

Why are you worrying about getting notes from scanning stuff? In truth I don't understand why that particular feature is even still in Thaumcraft.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Why are you worrying about getting notes from scanning stuff? In truth I don't understand why that particular feature is even still in Thaumcraft.
I'm not?
The magic mirror is one of those hidden researches, you don't get it till you scan specific things. There aren't many of them actually, but from what I read, ttkami is gated behind these as well, etc...

But. I realized I could grab knowledge fragments from paper using botania and after a couple ones, I ended up with the magic mirror research after I've already warped the hell out of myself, so I guess embrace the darkside and start eating taint swarms or something along those lines. :)