[1.7.10]Atonement: Sins of the Past Hardcore Survival Thaumcraft Focused

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
It needs a complete rebuild and update, yeah. it is on my short list. Sometime in November as I get the time.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Not yet. I'm moving house and expecting twins. I need things to settle down, which they haven't.

Spodidy

Jul 29, 2019
Congrats and good luck. Not sure if I could of handled twins. One at a time was handful enough.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
woo, this has sat unupdated for a while. I'm poking at it. This is likely to be a *complete* rebuild, and will break backward compatibility.

Reactions: Lethosos

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yup, complete rebuild. My scripts are trashed and I need to switch some mods around to account for changes and new tools I now have. This decidedly will NOT be compatible with old versions. Complete clean break.

It's okay, the old version is stable without updating. THe only reason I am is because of the better tools I now have. There were things I wanted to change or implement that were impossible or nearly so at the time. Things have now changed and I can achieve much more and there are certain kludges I can now do away with.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok,I am now in love with Dimensional Control. And my eyes are also now crossed. I now have the ability to completely configure world gen beyond the simple method of restricting it to 1 biome. I do, however, have to wade through and figure out what everything does. Everything being configurable means there are a lot of variable to set and test. Atonement will be the better for it, however.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Or not. Sigh, Dimensional Control is screwing with my ability to force hardcore mode.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Did you at least flag it with the DimCon dev? You might never know.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Just started playing this pack and I love it. Though getting started is brutal. With crash landing having a set map, I was able to develop and perfect my start. The random world makes that a little bit harder. Eventually I figured a few things out that really helped. Such as the first day is always spent punching grass for fertilizer and seeds so I can get my flower power on. Other than that, I feel like I'm trudging along rather slowly. Even if I start purifying more than my one little patch, it will be a bland world of nothing, at least close to me. Lol. And I am a little confused about a few things. The description of the pack talks about starting w a golden laurel crown for an extra life. In none of my many starts did I have one. There has also been a lot of talk about tornadoes, and I have get to see one. Sometimes at night I hear what might be one, but I have yet to see anything.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Maybe you died without noticing, and the crown is gone? You should definitely start with one. I tended to sort of "trade" it for an early advantage (grabbing something I need even if I have to die).

My first day was usually spent exploring for chests, and removing the lower blocks of trees next to my base so they don't get tainted.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
I just started a new game as a test, and there is no crown. Unless I'm missing something, I mean I'm assuming it should be in my inventory somewhere, yeah?

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I think it should be in the inventory with all the other stuff, but check the Baubles screen as well.

Re-installed the pack, there's no crown... And a blaze spawned under a tree, weird.

Last edited: