[1.7.10]Atonement: Sins of the Past Hardcore Survival Thaumcraft Focused

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Probably not, sorry. I think you could use the Nethermind from Automagy to spawn Ghasts.

This pack desperately needs an update, I've just been unable for a while.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, thanks very much for the quick reply. I'll see what the alternative methods are like.

I have to say that this pack is absolutely excellent, and a really interesting take on the whole minecraft experience. I feel that using a harsh environment to create, in an organic way, a sense of need to then drive activity is a great thing that is missing in a lot of packs. Having an actual risk/reward structure and making meaningful decisions about progress makes the experience much more enjoyable than simply having to do quests "just because". I look forward to any updates or future packs you decide to create!

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
I was surprised by how playable this pack was with no HQM, The achievements and guide books were detailed enough to make the whole pack accessable, I nearly went with hubris because of HQM, I'm glad I stuck with atonement the start is much more intense!

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar, after playing this pack a few times I have mixed feelings about it.

In one hand, I really enjoy the low tech aspect as well as the setting. I realize the setting is supposed to be difficult as I imagine the pack is.

I love a challenge... However, I think the random number generator decided to make me it's play thing. You moved the weather deflector to thaumcraft research. Ok that's fine. Even if it wasn't I would still be forced to dig. What I found was block after block infested by silver fish. If one block dropping sf wasn't bad enough...you decided hey let's make all the blocks around it disintegrate and all dup silver fish. So unless there's some magical easy of handling this that I'm unaware of then this alone has made this pack unplayable for me. I've encountered them from y level 60 all the way down. And they are never alone. Maybe the rest of you have gotten lucky with this. I have not.

Further more add to that no health regen and hardcore... Really? Iskandar, have you sought professional help? Do you just like hurting people? Oh forgot to mention the two times I spawned into the world in the middle of a tornado. Brutal doesn't begin to cover my experience with this.

I would say there's a bit of balancing that needs to be done. I loved crash landing but I think I'll be staying clear of this one thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
There were? ways of seeing which blocks have fish, If you click on blocks while holding a chisel only the normal stone gets changed, fish remain stone!
When you get the thaumometer and scan the stone the fish blocks show up differently,
these may have been patched, its been a while since I played.
I know I died plenty of times to fish, I did become very careful, using the chisel, leaving a block hole, so they'd get stuck in it if they did spawn. I tend to wade in so I died quite a bit, I learnt to run away more!

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Some one messaged me and told me to turn on the meta data in waila. That does work but the amount of fish is too damn high

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
That fish is actually a blessing, because no other mobs spawn and they can drop legendary gears. I had veins of around 90 fishes, and you won't see that many mobs until you haul enough spawners to build a mob grinder.

You shouldn't see more than a vein or two on your way down though, unless you dig very deep right away.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
a708f560da03a39e1d8608f13d2cd3c2.jpg

416bf7f33cfe6b37507108dae687c682.jpg

It's just a bit much. I'm honestly surprised there's no blood magic in this pack.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Mob spawning is weird in this pack, not sure why and haven't been able to fix it reliably. In general the silverfish CAN be avoided as long as you don't try to open up a huge hole too fast. Restricted corridors with a way out is the way to go.

Reactions: Psychicash

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Well despite the lack of extra utilities and a few others, and despite all my groaning iskandar... I'm still playing it so you did something right

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
You can jump right in the middle of that swarm, they barely do any damage.

Source: I did fell into such a swarm and lived.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I did fall into one of those and broke a brand new sword and lost my laurel crown

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
so i was looking through the youtube videos of let's plays for this pack. Most of them never made it past 15. I didn't see any of them that didn't bee line it straight for botania to thaumcraft to automated alchemy to etherial blooms to weather machine and call it a day. Many of them had made a comment during one video or another about liking the quest book more than HQM because it was less restrictive. Of course that seemed to lead to less playtime and exploration of content.

In fact speaking to a friend of mine, I told him that it had a quest book since he wanted to play a quest pack. He complained that it wouldn't work for him because it didn't have the hqm quest book. To each his own but are you planning on transferring to HQM? I'm just curious.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else experiencing world holes like really bad?

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
well it's weird because it's not like the normal world holes that give a glimpse into the ground and let you see almost xray like.. these are more like the whole strips of chunks surrounding my base just gone. I have to relog for it to load those chunks and then it moves the hole almost a set distance from me.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Well on the bright side, if you stay in your base it isn't an issue. Of course if I stayed in my base, I might actually live long enough to do something lol

Dachshund

Jul 29, 2019
Hej, i was just wondering if this pack will ever get updates for outdated mods? It is by far my most favourite pack, been playing it since release and love it.