[1.7.10] AgriCraft

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
New version is out: 0.0.10. This comes with quite some bug fixes as well as the fully implemented irrigation systems and more mod integration. It can be downloaded from the CurseForge page as soon as the new version is approved. Source code on GitHub is up to date. As always, let me know of any issues you encounter.
For the next version I will be working on adding greenhouses to villages and adding support for mods that allow auto-harvesting such as MFR, Forestry and Thaumcraft.

12f1b86218.png

changelog:
-Fixed not being able to interact while having seeds in hand
-You now no longer need an empty hand to harvest crops
-Added config option to disable vanilla farming (default is false)
-Finished irrigation systems
-Fixed tanks & irrigation channels always dropping oak wood versions when harvesting them
-Added default mutations for Pam's Weee Flowers
-Added recipes to convert Ex Nihilo seeds to AgriCraft seeds
-Added Plant Mega Pack integration and default mutations
-Changed the recipe for wooden bowls to use slabs (it overlaps with irrigation channels)
-Added config option to disable irrigation systems
-Added French translations (Mazdallier)

Reactions: SynfulChaot

Scipio^2

Jul 29, 2019
New version is out: 0.0.10. This comes with quite some bug fixes as well as the fully implemented irrigation systems and more mod integration. It can be downloaded from the CurseForge page as soon as the new version is approved. Source code on GitHub is up to date. As always, let me know of any issues you encounter.
For the next version I will be working on adding greenhouses to villages and adding support for mods that allow auto-harvesting such as MFR, Forestry and Thaumcraft.

12f1b86218.png

changelog:
-Fixed not being able to interact while having seeds in hand
-You now no longer need an empty hand to harvest crops
-Added config option to disable vanilla farming (default is false)
-Finished irrigation systems
-Fixed tanks & irrigation channels always dropping oak wood versions when harvesting them
-Added default mutations for Pam's Weee Flowers
-Added recipes to convert Ex Nihilo seeds to AgriCraft seeds
-Added Plant Mega Pack integration and default mutations
-Changed the recipe for wooden bowls to use slabs (it overlaps with irrigation channels)
-Added config option to disable irrigation systems
-Added French translations (Mazdallier)

Is this version stable enough to be used in a public modpack and if it is can i?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Is this version stable enough to be used in a public modpack and if it is can i?
Well, at this point I don't think I will change much in my TileEntities code and so far noone notified me of this mod breaking their world. And having it in a public pack would be good to receive more feedback as well as expose mod compatibility issues.

So let's put it like this: you can use this in your (public) modpack at your own responsibility. I am not responsible for crashes/corruption of worlds if they should happen.

Scipio^2

Jul 29, 2019
Well, at this point I don't think I will change much in my TileEntities code and so far noone notified me of this mod breaking their world. And having it in a public pack would be good to receive more feedback as well as expose mod compatibility issues.

So let's put it like this: you can use this in your (public) modpack at your own responsibility. I am not responsible for crashes/corruption of worlds if they should happen.

Thanks, the pack will come out in 2-3 weeks

rckymtnrfc

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your help on the crop placement bug. I had a suggestion for the mod I thought I'd pass along. Once I've planted seeds on a crop, I can no longer tell what its stats are. For now I've been using flatsigns to keep track of each crops stats (ex: Potato 2,2,2 or Carrot 2,3,2) but I'd love it, if a seed has been analyzed, the stats for that plant show up in the Waila tooltip. Right now it just says 'crops'. Of course if it's a mutation or un-analyzed, it shouldn't say anything until it's been run through the analyzer. Not sure how hard that is to implement but I thought I'd share.

Really loving this mod! Thanks again for your help and your work on this mod!

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your help on the crop placement bug. I had a suggestion for the mod I thought I'd pass along. Once I've planted seeds on a crop, I can no longer tell what its stats are. For now I've been using flatsigns to keep track of each crops stats (ex: Potato 2,2,2 or Carrot 2,3,2) but I'd love it, if a seed has been analyzed, the stats for that plant show up in the Waila tooltip. Right now it just says 'crops'. Of course if it's a mutation or un-analyzed, it shouldn't say anything until it's been run through the analyzer. Not sure how hard that is to implement but I thought I'd share.

Really loving this mod! Thanks again for your help and your work on this mod!

I'm planning to add tools, like a magnifying glass for this as well as a little spade that allows replanting of plants (right click a crop with a plant picks up that plant and right clicking on another one plants it again). Also i'd have to look at waila integration.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
This looks really great. Seems like the sort of thing that'd fit in my WIP pack really really well. In fact, I'll probably use the option for disabling vanilla farming once you've got the automation compatibility in. Time to go start testing some things with it I guess.

EDIT: And here's an odd crash I'm encountering. Seems Agricraft isn't particularly happy with the wood blocks I've added using dwmiller's Quadrum mod. Specifically occurred as soon as I tried to search up carrot seeds in the HQM quest book in order to use them as a quest reward.
http://pastebin.com/Q3FERzVU
EDIT2: Your cropsticks don't seem to like Railcraft's residual heat block.

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
This looks really great. Seems like the sort of thing that'd fit in my WIP pack really really well. In fact, I'll probably use the option for disabling vanilla farming once you've got the automation compatibility in. Time to go start testing some things with it I guess.

EDIT: And here's an odd crash I'm encountering. Seems Agricraft isn't particularly happy with the wood blocks I've added using dwmiller's Quadrum mod. Specifically occurred as soon as I tried to search up carrot seeds in the HQM quest book in order to use them as a quest reward.
http://pastebin.com/Q3FERzVU
I'm aware of that crash and it's fixed in the next version, thanks for the feedback though

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I'm aware of that crash and it's fixed in the next version, thanks for the feedback though
Good to know, I'll let you know if I find any other oddities.

EDIT:I love how customizable the mutations system is. Means I can minimize the amount of stuff dropping from grass and make it all available through mutations.

EDIT2: Actually, I'm having a bit of trouble getting the custom mutations to work. I've added the following line to the mutations config, (with what I'm presuming is the right syntax, since other combinations of with or without <> caused a crash on startup):
<witchery:seedsmandrake>=<witchery:seedsbelladonna>+AgriCraft:seedPotato
However the mutation is not showing up or working ingame. The Custom Crops config option is also set to true. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: InfinityRaider

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT2: Actually, I'm having a bit of trouble getting the custom mutations to work. I've added the following line to the mutations config, (with what I'm presuming is the right syntax, since other combinations of with or without <> caused a crash on startup):
<witchery:seedsmandrake>=<witchery:seedsbelladonna>+AgriCraft:seedPotato
However the mutation is not showing up or working ingame. The Custom Crops config option is also set to true. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

You don't actually type the "<" and ">", I'm just using that to show that's a field you have to fill in. If you look in the configuration and set generatedefaults to true, it will generate a whole bunch of default mutations based on what mods you have installed (unless you explicitly disable integration for that mod in the config) in the mutations.txt file.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
You don't actually type the "<" and ">", I'm just using that to show that's a field you have to fill in. If you look in the configuration and set generatedefaults to true, it will generate a whole bunch of default mutations based on what mods you have installed (unless you explicitly disable integration for that mod in the config) in the mutations.txt file.
Even without those it's not working. I'm using minetweaker to find the itemregistry name of the seeds, but it's just coming up in the log as being null in the mutations section. Heck, it's showing in the log as null = null + null, so it isn't even recognizing the potato seed which I copy-pasted from default mutations to make sure its right.
On another note, would it be possible to get a config option for the ability of crops to spread to adjacent empty double cropsticks, I'm using magic crops as the primary method of resource acquisition in this pack, and it breaks the balance of the pack being able to rapidly expand the number of plants you have.
EDIT: Or since I now realize that this is likely for the purpose of increasing a plants stats, at least some way to limit it a bit?

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Even without those it's not working. I'm using minetweaker to find the itemregistry name of the seeds, but it's just coming up in the log as being null in the mutations section. Heck, it's showing in the log as null = null + null, so it isn't even recognizing the potato seed which I copy-pasted from default mutations to make sure its right.
On another note, would it be possible to get a config option for the ability of crops to spread to adjacent empty double cropsticks, I'm using magic crops as the primary method of resource acquisition in this pack, and it breaks the balance of the pack being able to rapidly expand the number of plants you have.
EDIT: Or since I now realize that this is likely for the purpose of increasing a plants stats, at least some way to limit it a bit?

This is quite odd, try this line:
Code:
witchery:seedsmandrake=witchery:seedsbelladonna+AgriCraft:seedPotato
I've tried it in my dev environment and it works for me, if anyone else is having this issue I will need to investigate this.

About magical crops, I didn't really think about that being quite overpowered. I'll figure out some way to work with a blacklist. You can also tone down the mutation chance (the lower it is the longer it will take for a crosscrop to get a plant) in the configuration file.

EDIT: Ok, I've noticed a derp in my code, if you define a mutation chance, the actual chance for a mutation to happen is 1-chance in config. Meaning the default of 0.2 results in quite a high chance of 0.8. This is now fixed in the next version.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
This is quite odd, try this line:
Code:
witchery:seedsmandrake=witchery:seedsbelladonna+AgriCraft:seedPotato
I've tried it in my dev environment and it works for me, if anyone else is having this issue I will need to investigate this.

About magical crops, I didn't really think about that being quite overpowered. I'll figure out some way to work with a blacklist. You can also tone down the mutation chance (the lower it is the longer it will take for a crosscrop to get a plant) in the configuration file.

EDIT: Ok, I've noticed a derp in my code, if you define a mutation chance, the actual chance for a mutation to happen is 1-chance in config. Meaning the default of 0.2 results in quite a high chance of 0.8. This is now fixed in the next version.
Well I've managed to get that one and a few others working now, but it honestly seems to be failing inconsistently sometimes as they're added. Things won't work to begin with, but then 5 minutes later after trying umpteen dozen different ways to try and get it to work, the thing that didn't work the first time suddenly acts fine.

In regards to the blacklist sort of thing, would it perhaps be possible to have the mutation chance be over-ridable on a per crop basis, but with the global value still being a fall back default if it isn't defined for a specific crop?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Well I've managed to get that one and a few others working now, but it honestly seems to be failing inconsistently sometimes as they're added. Things won't work to begin with, but then 5 minutes later after trying umpteen dozen different ways to try and get it to work, the thing that didn't work the first time suddenly acts fine.

In regards to the blacklist sort of thing, would it perhaps be possible to have the mutation chance be over-ridable on a per crop basis, but with the global value still being a fall back default if it isn't defined for a specific crop?

That doesn't make sense, you're sure you're not leaving spaces at the end of lines or leaving in empty lines? And you are saving the config after every edit, because when you edit without saving, it will not be able to read your changes.

I could look into that, it would require some rewriting though.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
That doesn't make sense, you're sure you're not leaving spaces at the end of lines or leaving in empty lines? And you are saving the config after every edit, because when you edit without saving, it will not be able to read your changes.

I could look into that, it would require some rewriting though.
Actually spaces at the end of lines might be the issue, its not something I'd really thought to look for.
Oh and I've also just put up a thread for the pack I'm intending to use this in if you wanted to check out what the pack will be like. Link's the second one in the text in my signature

Reactions: InfinityRaider