[1.7.10] AgriCraft

ingeraskurai

Jul 29, 2019
Are the max stats on certain crops lower? I just bred a 5/5/5 sugarcane but i can't seem to raise it's stats, i set up cross crops around it but all i get are more 5/5/5.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
It depends on the pack and the config it uses. I prefer having 4 crops around a central cross crop for stat raising myself.

ingeraskurai

Jul 29, 2019
My other crops can be raised to 10/10/10 and the config verifies it, it should be able to be raised...I'll try your method.

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
I want to add my own crops. I saw the github tutorial but i have no idea about making textures. How can i use an other crop to recolor it?
OK, making textures shouldn't be a problem for me... but I'm having trouble with the whole "where is this mythical tutorial on what specifications for these textures do I follow and how do I add them/make the custom crops?"

Edit: OK, that was rude of me to say, at least in that way.

Basically:
What image format and size do I use?
How to I hook that image up to a custom crop?
How do I write a crop (Including how do I make it mutate from others) with regards to the image being added?

Last edited:

Leuthil

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to have the sprinkler area set to 9x9 instead of 7x7?

Since the vanilla hydration mechanic has always lent itself to 9x9 farms, it's kind of a default way to approach them. Even with the AgriCraft mechanics, 4 mini-farms of 16 plants each would each produce a stack of material and fit in a 9x9 area with walkways between them, but I'd need a minimum of 3 sprinklers to cover the entire thing (even if I removed the walkways, I'd need 3 sprinklers to cover a 64 square area of plants).

Even just having it as a config option with 7x7 as the default would be really great.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always

Since the vanilla hydration mechanic has always lent itself to 9x9 farms, it's kind of a default way to approach them. Even with the AgriCraft mechanics, 4 mini-farms of 16 plants each would each produce a stack of material and fit in a 9x9 area with walkways between them, but I'd need a minimum of 3 sprinklers to cover the entire thing (even if I removed the walkways, I'd need 3 sprinklers to cover a 64 square area of plants).

Even just having it as a config option with 7x7 as the default would be really great.
He's already stated several times that there is a planned expansion to the irrigation system, but the base will always start at 7 x 7.

Personally, I don't mind because you can have multiple plots and Agricraft plants, once hybridized to maximum yield and growth, produce stupid amounts of stuff.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Okay for some reason I stopped getting notifications of this thread, my apologies.

Is there anyway to increase the output of the agricraft crops? I'm asking this because I'm playing the pack infinity and in there, a plant with the gain at 10 it will give the same amount of stuff as a plant without passing by agricraft... This makes the mod almost useless, and making the discovery of new seeds the only useful thing about the mechanics it adds...
No there is not, lvl 1 gain will give 1, lvl 10 will give 4. And i'm not quite sure what vanilla crop gives 4 per harvest but well, either use HO like @ShneekeyTheLost mentioned or disable vanilla farming.

Yesterday, whilst playing with AgriCraft, I thought i'd be fun to have it compatible with ComputerCraft. As you could make an automatic seed analizer/mutator controlled by computers for example. So you would read the data with a turtle addon or so and if it has changed place it in one chest and if not in the other.
Is a planned feature.

can i put this in a public modpack? (for ftb)
Yes you can, don't need to ask, but thanks for asking anyway.

Speaking of planned features... your latest build isn't building, @InfinityRaider.
I know :p, I'll be uploading the libraries I'm using again soon as well as fix those tests.
(And how on earth did I not even get a notification for that ping)

first try, 7/6/6. Thank you Rouge, i'm guessing the more crops around the target the faster the stats raise?
Correct

im getting a crash with this mod dont know y :( something about a villager
where the hell is the spoil buttion?
http://pastebin.com/gGF5s1Uh
Disable the villager in the config or give it another ID (*stares at @Elec332 )

He's already stated several times that there is a planned expansion to the irrigation system, but the base will always start at 7 x 7.

Personally, I don't mind because you can have multiple plots and Agricraft plants, once hybridized to maximum yield and growth, produce stupid amounts of stuff.
Basicly this.

OK, making textures shouldn't be a problem for me... but I'm having trouble with the whole "where is this mythical tutorial on what specifications for these textures do I follow and how do I add them/make the custom crops?"

Edit: OK, that was rude of me to say, at least in that way.

Basically:
What image format and size do I use?
How to I hook that image up to a custom crop?
How do I write a crop (Including how do I make it mutate from others) with regards to the image being added?
It should all be mentioned in the customcrops config file, you create a resource pack and do like you would to change existing textures, can be 16x16, 32x32, 64x64 depending on how much memory you have/want to use.
And you can either use Minetweaker to add mutations for the new seeds, as documented on the Github Wiki or use the mutations config to add new lines (I advise using the minetweaker approach).

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
It should all be mentioned in the customcrops config file, you create a resource pack and do like you would to change existing textures, can be 16x16, 32x32, 64x64 depending on how much memory you have/want to use.
And you can either use Minetweaker to add mutations for the new seeds, as documented on the Github Wiki or use the mutations config to add new lines (I advise using the minetweaker approach).
OK...
As someone who has never changed existing textures, is there a tutorial you'd recommend for doing this? Do I do this before or after writing the crop into the configs?
Also, I'm unfamiliar with Minetweaker. Your link to the wiki page indicates that Minetweaker3 is the mod I want to use? I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding the tutorials on their wiki, but if this is the correct mod I can figure the rest of that out for myself.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
OK...
As someone who has never changed existing textures, is there a tutorial you'd recommend for doing this? Do I do this before or after writing the crop into the configs?
Also, I'm unfamiliar with Minetweaker. Your link to the wiki page indicates that Minetweaker3 is the mod I want to use? I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding the tutorials on their wiki, but if this is the correct mod I can figure the rest of that out for myself.
For the resource pack there is a tutorial on the minecraft wiki: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Custom_texture_packs?cookieSetup=true
Easier is downloading an existing texture pack and see how it is done there and mimic it.

And yes Minetweaker 3 is the mod you want to use. Again you can look at existing packs (Regrowth for instance) how it is done there.

NadeShot

Jul 29, 2019
Are the recipes for other crops supposed to be found out? Because in the current pack I'm playing in (Ultimate Questpack), it doesn't show the recipes on how to get seeds from Pam's Harvestcraft, but in Ferret Business, it showed the recipes for them.

Jul 29, 2019
There's a config setting for NEI support. If it's turned off, mutations have to be discovered and can be recorded by putting the journal in the Seed Analyzer with the mutation. If it's turned on, you can see the recipes that way, although the journal still works.

Reactions: InfinityRaider

Mrdeadlocked

Jul 29, 2019
I've decided to keep some features I wanted to implement for a later version. Meaning version 1.2 is now released on CurseForge.

Changelog:
-Changed AgriCraft creative tab logo
-Fixed certain crops rendering crooked
-Fixed crop lighting
-Changed Sprinkler to use a fixed configurable amount of water
-Added channel valves to irrigation systems
-Overhauled irrigation systems: sprinklers will keep consuming water but there are now valves to close channels
-Added configuration GUIs for some config categories
-Fixed water draining bug in irrigation systems
-Added option to clear all registered seed drops
-Added support for Chococraft gysahls
-Added a config to override seed tiers
-Made Magic Fertiliser from Magical Crops work on tier 4 & 5 crops (can be disabled in the config)
-Botania Horn of the Wild will no longer wipe crops away, instead it will clear them
-Added a config option to disable weeds from taking over plants (they will still spread to nearby empty crops)
-Added Minetweaker support for various aspects of AgriCraft. Check the GitHub wiki for documentation.

Horn of the wild still wipe away all crops/seeds and forces you to replant. Is this intended?

VincenteDrew

Jul 29, 2019
I am using your mod with Witchery and I've been playing this world for a while, and every time I harvest a snowbell I get the snowball, but I never get icy needles. I just wanted to know either that secondary crop drops aren't possible with this mod, and that I should not use crops with these plants, or it is possible and I've just been unlucky so far.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I am using your mod with Witchery and I've been playing this world for a while, and every time I harvest a snowbell I get the snowball, but I never get icy needles. I just wanted to know either that secondary crop drops aren't possible with this mod, and that I should not use crops with these plants, or it is possible and I've just been unlucky so far.
Icy needlees do drop just fine from snowbell's planted on cropsticks. You've likely just been unlucky.

Reactions: InfinityRaider