[1.7.10] AgriCraft

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Is this is game or in the config, because I changed it in the config, and it did not add any mutations.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
You're probably doing something wrong then, I just tested and it works fine for me. You're sure both custom crops and regerenerate Defaults are set to true?

Joe Amaroq

Jul 29, 2019
Hi InfinityRaider, I've been playing with your mod for a few weeks now, and I really like it. Recently I decided to try my hands at configuring it for a sky block type mod pack and I'm having fun with it. I'm about to submit that pack here at FTB, but I have a few questions:
- Is this mod already available for inclusion in my pack? Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't find that information anywhere.
- Your mod is used to get resources early game, along with ex-nihilo (without the sieve), so I had to pull some tricks to get the base blocks (there are no ores, of course). I currently defined three levels of so called growth catalysts to be used as base blocks, where each level is made of the fruits of the previous level(s). This leads to my question: could there be an option to change the base block for a particular crop in the configs? I solved this using Tabula Rasa, but a solution within the mod would be cleaner. Could there also be an option to define more than one base block for a crop? In my pack Redstodendron requires a level 2 base block, and Diamahlia a level 3 catalyst, but it would be nice if the Redstodentron also could grow on a level 3 block.
- A minor request: could you make Forestry fertilizer work on crops? For most mods it works like bonemeal, but not for yours.
Hope you don't mind the lengthy post. Cheers.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Hi InfinityRaider, I've been playing with your mod for a few weeks now, and I really like it. Recently I decided to try my hands at configuring it for a sky block type mod pack and I'm having fun with it. I'm about to submit that pack here at FTB, but I have a few questions:
- Is this mod already available for inclusion in my pack? Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't find that information anywhere.
Yes you can use this.

- Your mod is used to get resources early game, along with ex-nihilo (without the sieve), so I had to pull some tricks to get the base blocks (there are no ores, of course). I currently defined three levels of so called growth catalysts to be used as base blocks, where each level is made of the fruits of the previous level(s). This leads to my question: could there be an option to change the base block for a particular crop in the configs? I solved this using Tabula Rasa, but a solution within the mod would be cleaner. Could there also be an option to define more than one base block for a crop? In my pack Redstodendron requires a level 2 base block, and Diamahlia a level 3 catalyst, but it would be nice if the Redstodentron also could grow on a level 3 block.
I have no intention to change the way my resource crops work, One way to circumvent this is to mimic my crops using the custom crops in the config files. Just use the textures i use on my crops.
- A minor request: could you make Forestry fertilizer work on crops? For most mods it works like bonemeal, but not for yours.
Hope you don't mind the lengthy post. Cheers.
I will add this in, ty for the feedback

rckymtnrfc

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a weird one. When I place crops on tiled soil, the crops become Red Granite Slabs from Underground Biomes. When I break the slabs, it drops crops.

It appears I can place seeds on the Red Granite Slabs, so it's only a display issue but I'm not sure where to go about fixing that. I would normally assume there an ID conflict, but I thought those weren't an issue in 1.7 anymore.

FYI, Waila is showing Red Granite Slabs for the block when I'm looking at it.

Update:

So I find it's not happening in SSP, only SMP. Which would normally indicate a ID mismatch between server and client. So I copied all my server configs to my client and I'm still seeing the same thing.

More weird. In NEI, the IDs of the Red Granite Slabs are 2342 in SSP but in SMP they are 205. I'm assuming at this point that it is a problem with UGB.

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a weird one. When I place crops on tiled soil, the crops become Red Granite Slabs from Underground Biomes. When I break the slabs, it drops crops.

It appears I can place seeds on the Red Granite Slabs, so it's only a display issue but I'm not sure where to go about fixing that. I would normally assume there an ID conflict, but I thought those weren't an issue in 1.7 anymore.

FYI, Waila is showing Red Granite Slabs for the block when I'm looking at it.

Update:

So I find it's not happening in SSP, only SMP. Which would normally indicate a ID mismatch between server and client. So I copied all my server configs to my client and I'm still seeing the same thing.

More weird. In NEI, the IDs of the Red Granite Slabs are 2342 in SSP but in SMP they are 205. I'm assuming at this point that it is a problem with UGB.
This is weird. Maybe it's UGB who doesn't register their customrenderid as it should be. Is UGB Open Source?

rckymtnrfc

Jul 29, 2019
Lesser GPL license v3. Source code is available from the author on request is what is stated on the thread. I posted the problem there. It's really weird I'm getting different IDs in NEI depending on if I'm in SSP or SMP. It's almost as if in SMP it's ignoring the config file IDs.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Lesser GPL license v3. Source code is available from the author on request is what is stated on the thread. I posted the problem there. It's really weird I'm getting different IDs in NEI depending on if I'm in SSP or SMP. It's almost as if in SMP it's ignoring the config file IDs.
But why are their still ids in the config in 1.7?

rckymtnrfc

Jul 29, 2019
But why are their still ids in the config in 1.7?

That is a question I'd like to know the answer to as well. I like Underground Biomes and the visual it adds when underground but it seems to cause more troubles than it is worth. I might just dump it from my modded game.

Dahjin

Jul 29, 2019
While using this and hunger overhaul seeds on crops seem to bypass the option for the crops to grow slower. Is there a way to fix that?

rckymtnrfc

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be easier to possibly put a multiplier on the growth rate? So the player/map maker can tweak it to whatever difficulty level they want?

For now, with Hunger Overhaul, I just pretend plants grow faster because the crops 'help' them. LOL

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be easier to possibly put a multiplier on the growth rate? So the player/map maker can tweak it to whatever difficulty level they want?

For now, with Hunger Overhaul, I just pretend plants grow faster because the crops 'help' them. LOL

Override the tiers.
If that is not sufficient, we'll look into adding that.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Override the tiers? Sorry, I'm not understanding what you mean.
My bad, the version that allows you to do this isn't officially released yet (you can get it from github releases though).
If you hadn't noticed from the journal, each seed has a tier, going from 1 to 5. The higher the tier, the slower it grows, spreads, mutates, ...

rckymtnrfc

Jul 29, 2019
I see, so we can assign a certain tier to each plant, which would then cause it to grow slower. That works for me!

I just feel like I'm cheating when using Hunger Overhaul, which slows down plant growth. But when I plant a seed on crops, I see it grow a little almost instantly. Of course, I feel bad when I cheat to work around a bug in a mod. I have issues.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I see, so we can assign a certain tier to each plant, which would then cause it to grow slower. That works for me!

I just feel like I'm cheating when using Hunger Overhaul, which slows down plant growth. But when I plant a seed on crops, I see it grow a little almost instantly. Of course, I feel bad when I cheat to work around a bug in a mod. I have issues.
I still have no idea why this is a thing though. for minecraft the crops are a plant, so they receive the growth ticks like any other plant. Hunger Overhaul reduces the amount of ticks a plant gets, I don't know why my crops are unaffected :s.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I've decided to keep some features I wanted to implement for a later version. Meaning version 1.2 is now released on CurseForge.

Changelog:
-Changed AgriCraft creative tab logo
-Fixed certain crops rendering crooked
-Fixed crop lighting
-Changed Sprinkler to use a fixed configurable amount of water
-Added channel valves to irrigation systems
-Overhauled irrigation systems: sprinklers will keep consuming water but there are now valves to close channels
-Added configuration GUIs for some config categories
-Fixed water draining bug in irrigation systems
-Added option to clear all registered seed drops
-Added support for Chococraft gysahls
-Added a config to override seed tiers
-Made Magic Fertiliser from Magical Crops work on tier 4 & 5 crops (can be disabled in the config)
-Botania Horn of the Wild will no longer wipe crops away, instead it will clear them
-Added a config option to disable weeds from taking over plants (they will still spread to nearby empty crops)
-Added Minetweaker support for various aspects of AgriCraft. Check the GitHub wiki for documentation.