[1.7.10] AgriCraft

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know, I'd have to look at HO's code. I'll look into it when I have time.
Just to clarify this, AppleCore hooks into BlockCrops' updateTick through ASM, and HO stops updateTick from executing through the added AppleCore event. If you implement your own crop block (which you do, as far as I can tell), this integration wouldn't exist. Mods adding support for the AppleCore event themselves is something I've wanted to add proper support for for a while but haven't gotten around to.

You can see what type of modifications AppleCore makes through ASM to BlockCrops here:

Once I add better support for mods adding their own crop growth integration with the AppleCore events, I'll let you know.

Last edited:
Reactions: InfinityRaider

Cobra1117

Jul 29, 2019
A couple (more) feature suggestions:
- AoE harvest tool for crops. When playing the Regrowth pack on FTB, I found that I spent a TON of time right-clicking, which tended to cause problems if something happened to pop into your hand. (Plus it had a tendency of breaking crosscrops accidentally). Area could be configurable--even with an area of one block this would still be better than harvesting by hand.
- AoE weeder (same concept)
- I don't know if the NEI API still lets you do this, but you used to be able to compact multiple recipes into a single recipe "slot" that would show each possible recipe/result pair in sequence. It would be nice to crush all those irrigation parts into four or five NEI entries
- The ability to attach irrigation channels to any fluid container.

Thanks for all the hard work on the mod! :)

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
A couple (more) feature suggestions:
- AoE harvest tool for crops. When playing the Regrowth pack on FTB, I found that I spent a TON of time right-clicking, which tended to cause problems if something happened to pop into your hand. (Plus it had a tendency of breaking crosscrops accidentally). Area could be configurable--even with an area of one block this would still be better than harvesting by hand.
We were planning to look if we could support tinker's construct scythes, if not we will have to add one ourselves.

- AoE weeder (same concept)
See above (same concept :p)

- I don't know if the NEI API still lets you do this, but you used to be able to compact multiple recipes into a single recipe "slot" that would show each possible recipe/result pair in sequence. It would be nice to crush all those irrigation parts into four or five NEI entries
This is buggin me as well, but I haven't got myself to look at it yet.

- The ability to attach irrigation channels to any fluid container.
This would be difficult. The irrigation channels make water flow from high to low. There is no way to now how high the water level in other liquid containers is.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
On the Magical Crops thread elsewhere someone claims that this mod can be used to add additional crops for extra materials that use Magical Crops-themed recipes and they make appropriate drops.

Looking over the OP of this thread I think I was misinformed, was I?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
On the Magical Crops thread elsewhere someone claims that this mod can be used to add additional crops for extra materials that use Magical Crops-themed recipes and they make appropriate drops.

No, you weren't misinformed. I do exactly this with my Regrowth Pack to add Magical crops that give Nature Essence and Rutile Essence. You will need to add a mutation or use Minetweaker to make the seed for the crop obtainable, and if you're wanting to create a non-existent essence (like I did with Rutile), you will need to use a custom item (CustomItems, Quadrum, Tabula Rasa) adding mod to make it.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

In the Regrowth modpack, they add in a custom nature crop using agricraft. The point of which is with their configs, it's impossible to get nature essence without a new crop type.

So yes, it is possible, but keep in mind a few things:

1. In order to make a way to get the seeds, you either have to make a mutation or use minetweaker to add a custom recipe.
2. You need an item for the fruit, so you need some sort of custom item addition, like quadrum, tabula rasa, or custom stuff.
3. You need to provide textures for them. This should be as easy as recoloring the default magical crops textures.

Look inside configs/agricraft/customCrops.txt for information on how to create custom crops. Minetweaker helps a bunch to get unlocalized names.

EDIT: Well this is awkward.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
No, you weren't misinformed. I do exactly this with my Regrowth Pack to add Magical crops that give Nature Essence and Rutile Essence. You will need to add a mutation or use Minetweaker to make the seed for the crop obtainable, and if you're wanting to create a non-existent essence (like I did with Rutile), you will need to use a custom item (CustomItems, Quadrum, Tabula Rasa) adding mod to make it.
In the Regrowth modpack, they add in a custom nature crop using agricraft. The point of which is with their configs, it's impossible to get nature essence without a new crop type.

So yes, it is possible, but keep in mind a few things:

1. In order to make a way to get the seeds, you either have to make a mutation or use minetweaker to add a custom recipe.
2. You need an item for the fruit, so you need some sort of custom item addition, like quadrum, tabula rasa, or custom stuff.
3. You need to provide textures for them. This should be as easy as recoloring the default magical crops textures.

Look inside configs/agricraft/customCrops.txt for information on how to create custom crops. Minetweaker helps a bunch to get unlocalized names.

EDIT: Well this is awkward.
AWESOME.
I want Prof Flaxbeard and even Galacticraft crops (and possibly others) and so this will be perfect then!

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
@InfinityRaider Would it be possible to blacklist somehow Farmland? I want to force the usage of Garden Soil from Ztones and not let people use Minecraft Farmland. Possible?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019

Like ThePhoenixLodge and Goreae said it is possible. However you have to first enable custom crops in the main configuration file (I don't remember why i did this, but i'll probably get rid of that config option).

@InfinityRaider Would it be possible to blacklist somehow Farmland? I want to force the usage of Garden Soil from Ztones and not let people use Minecraft Farmland. Possible?

I've changed how soils work, some crops don't need a specific soil (wheat, carrots, ...) and can be planted on farmland or any other soil you've whitelisted. Others can only be planted on their required soil (cactus and sugercane needs sand, nether wart needs soul sand, ...). This is not yet in the public version though.

What I could do is change the soil whitelist config to be a list of all the soils that the first group of crops can be planted. So if you deleted the line with farmland then you can't plant crops on farmland anymore. I'd have to experiment with this though.

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
What I could do is change the soil whitelist config to be a list of all the soils that the first group of crops can be planted. So if you deleted the line with farmland then you can't plant crops on farmland anymore. I'd have to experiment with this though.

We currently have support for removing soils from the Whitelist via Minetweaker. What if farmland is initially already in that list (the default value), and it just gets removed via MineTweaker?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
We currently have support for removing soils from the Whitelist via Minetweaker. What if farmland is initially already in that list (the default value), and it just gets removed via MineTweaker?

Ye this is what I was thinking, but also it should be possible trough my configs

jack33lax

Jul 29, 2019
hey this is my first time on the forum i downloaded your great mod, and i would like to know if i am doing something wrong. I have a pretty small farm setup ( uses 1 sprinkler and has 1 crosscrop surrounded by fully grown plants)
1. my plants keep turning into weeds and i don't know how to stop it
2. im using pams harvestcraft, and im yet to get a mutation that increases my plants stats.

I love the mod has a great concept keep up the good work

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
hey this is my first time on the forum i downloaded your great mod, and i would like to know if i am doing something wrong. I have a pretty small farm setup ( uses 1 sprinkler and has 1 crosscrop surrounded by fully grown plants)
1. my plants keep turning into weeds and i don't know how to stop it
2. im using pams harvestcraft, and im yet to get a mutation that increases my plants stats.

I love the mod has a great concept keep up the good work

Weeds are just a way to "balance" the spreading and mutating of crops. They will only sprout on empty crops, and once they are fully grown they will spread to nearby crops, taking over the plants. The higher the strength of a crop the lower the chance of this happening.
If you do not like this mechanic, you can always disable it in the config.
Also the increase in stats is dependant on the number of crops surrounding it.

Badger

Jul 29, 2019
Weird, I kept getting java classdefnotfound errors.
installing Botania cleared the error up... is botania mandatory to run the mod? or did having a botania config file without having the mod installed cause the error?