[1.7.10] AgriCraft

jacob814

Jul 29, 2019
Also, could you try to get it so that when the book is in the seed analyzer, you could see it on the 3d model?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Can I suggest having metal versions(at least iron) of the tank, irrigation channels, channel valves, and the sprinklers. This idea would be that it could hold more liquid, and the sprinklers could be more effective in growing plants. I also want it because wood can sometimes be a nasty material to work with, or at least for what I want to do with it.
This is already planned :)

Also, could you try to get it so that when the book is in the seed analyzer, you could see it on the 3d model?
I wanted that myself, but I couldn't figure out where to put it in the model so that it would actually still look half decent.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
This is already planned :)

I wanted that myself, but I couldn't figure out where to put it in the model so that it would actually still look half decent.
It would be really ugly, unless you possibly enabled the player to place the book next to the analyzer (in world rendered book) and had the analyzer detect the book adjacent to it. And at that point, would it really be worth the work?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
It would be really ugly, unless you possibly enabled the player to place the book next to the analyzer (in world rendered book) and had the analyzer detect the book adjacent to it. And at that point, would it really be worth the work?
That's exactly why it's not a thing

Badger

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any possibility you could look at Ex Nihilo, maybe make the 'cactus', 'carrot', 'sugarcane', 'grass', 'fungus', 'potato', and other seeds cross-compatible?
I know that currently you can do some of them by planting, uprooting, and then converting to seed, but having grass, fungus, and cactus available as seeds would be sweet.

Meanwhile, I am trying to do it as a custom, but I don't know how to do it with the cropsticks.

It almost begs a brand new mod simply to allow certain plants to be bred with weird results, such as ender eyes, spider webs, slime, and the like.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any possibility you could look at Ex Nihilo, maybe make the 'cactus', 'carrot', 'sugarcane', 'grass', 'fungus', 'potato', and other seeds cross-compatible?
I know that currently you can do some of them by planting, uprooting, and then converting to seed, but having grass, fungus, and cactus available as seeds would be sweet.

Meanwhile, I am trying to do it as a custom, but I don't know how to do it with the cropsticks.

It almost begs a brand new mod simply to allow certain plants to be bred with weird results, such as ender eyes, spider webs, slime, and the like.
Actually, Magical Crops already do that. And Agricraft does support it IIRC.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
For the next update I have added a cactus crop. I was also considering to add the mushrooms. What exactly do grass seeds do btw, if I'm correct I thought they just converted dirt into a grass block or am I wrong?

As PierceSG said, magical crops does this and pam's mob drop crops does this as well. Personally I do not like crops that produce mob drops so it will likely never appear in the mod, I have added a tool to add this though. And if you have any questions/problems about the custom crops config i'll do my best to help out.

jacob814

Jul 29, 2019
hm... It seems in your snapshot, the crop fictures are brocken, they wont show the second crop when you place it on top

jacob814

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know why you would think that would be "quite ugly"... Thaumcraft does something similar with its research station(with the book & quill)> I understand that their may not be a possible way of adding the book just yet and that may be where your coming from. Mabey... just mabey... the research block should be changed, maybe to be two blocks tall or wide. idk but I would really like to see the book rendered. You have the seeds.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
hm... It seems in your snapshot, the crop fictures are brocken, they wont show the second crop when you place it on top
Its a sync issue, thanks for reporting, fixed it.

I dont know why you would think that would be "quite ugly"... Thaumcraft does something similar with its research station(with the book & quill)> I understand that their may not be a possible way of adding the book just yet and that may be where your coming from. Mabey... just mabey... the research block should be changed, maybe to be two blocks tall or wide. idk but I would really like to see the book rendered. You have the seeds.
Indeed, thaumcraft's research station is 2 blocks wide and I don't really want to make my block larger then 1 block, also I'm quite happy with my model.
Where would you render the book, if it looks decent, I might consider it.

jacob814

Jul 29, 2019
If you have the raw model code I could use with techne I would try it myself. I would be happy to get this book to work

jacob814

Jul 29, 2019
I have my idea of it here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mjl04e7r3cp33px/AAAPXn7daVSmZGotLnsGwkrha?dl=0
This includes both the java code for the new model and the texture. I think if you really got fancy you would make it so that the book was a separate model and was in higher detail then the the seed analyzer. The only way I could think of this would be to create the book 4x as big as I showed in my seed analyzer model and then scale it down 1-4 in the program. Not sure how to do that, i've only gotten to the point I can get a model working in my program XD.

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
I have my idea of it here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mjl04e7r3cp33px/AAAPXn7daVSmZGotLnsGwkrha?dl=0
This includes both the java code for the new model and the texture. I think if you really got fancy you would make it so that the book was a separate model and was in higher detail then the the seed analyzer. The only way I could think of this would be to create the book 4x as big as I showed in my seed analyzer model and then scale it down 1-4 in the program. Not sure how to do that, i've only gotten to the point I can get a model working in my program XD.

I will check it out later. Thank you. For future reference. The easiest way for InfinityRaider and me to evaluate and maybe incorporate your contributions would be if you create a GitHub account, fork AgriCraft and send us a pull request. If you have never used Git before, there are lots of Tutorials out there how GitHub and Git work.

jacob814

Jul 29, 2019
I will learn how to do this if I continue to help you guys out. I see alot of good things going for this mod.

jacob814

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to ask where you guys found a tutorial for the 3d models and how to get them to rotate correctly depending on which way you place them. I can get a 3d model in but have unable to get it rotated correctly.