[1.7.10] AgriCraft

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to ask where you guys found a tutorial for the 3d models and how to get them to rotate correctly depending on which way you place them. I can get a 3d model in but have unable to get it rotated correctly.
That goes in the tile entity code, I just save the direction the player is looking and before I render the model, I rotate the matrix accordingly.

You can use the same link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mjl04e7r3cp33px/AAAPXn7daVSmZGotLnsGwkrha?dl=0
has the techne model and texture
Thanks, I'll have a look at it.

jacob814

Jul 29, 2019
Looks nice, I thought you were doing to do an open book (hence why I thought it wouldn't fit) but the closed one fits well :)
One minor quip is that I believe the book is invisible when viewed through the glass on the Analyzer.
I think the only way to fix that would be to make the book a whole new model, one that isnt related to the see analyzer. otherwise I dont think that can be fixed, if that is true

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I was planning to make the book 3D rendered in hand anyway, so I could use that model as well to put on the analyzer.

jacob814

Jul 29, 2019
You should try to add that model when the book is in the seed analyzer first so you know what to do when you have the 3d book ready.

Badger

Jul 29, 2019
yes, ex nihilo grass seed converts blocks to grass, and ancient spores convert grass to fungus. I thunk there may be a podzol as well, but not sure.

Cobra1117

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm. Those worldgen errors I was getting came back, but now they're crashing the server outright.

[23:00:28] [Server thread/WARN]: Skipping Piece with id AgriCraft:Greenhouse
[23:00:29] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.StructureStart.func_75068_a(StructureStart.java:44) ~[avm.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.MapGenStructure.func_75051_a(MapGenStructure.java:93) ~[ave.class:?]
at com.xcompwiz.mystcraft.symbol.symbols.SymbolVillages$Populator.populate(SymbolVillages.java:42) ~[SymbolVillages$Populator.class:?]
at com.xcompwiz.mystcraft.world.AgeController.populate(AgeController.java:493) ~[AgeController.class:?]
at com.xcompwiz.mystcraft.world.ChunkProviderMyst.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderMyst.java:192) ~[ChunkProviderMyst.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:279) ~[ms.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1055) ~[apx.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:52) ~[ChunkIOProvider.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:12) ~[ChunkIOProvider.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor$Task.finish(AsynchronousExecutor.java:189) ~[AsynchronousExecutor$Task.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.finishActive(AsynchronousExecutor.java:354) ~[AsynchronousExecutor.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOExecutor.tick(ChunkIOExecutor.java:30) ~[ChunkIOExecutor.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:596) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334) ~[lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
[23:00:29] [Server thread/ERROR]: This crash report has been saved to: /opt/minecraft/haven/./crash-reports/crash-2015-01-30_23.00.29-server.txt

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop
at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.StructureStart.func_75068_a(StructureStart.java:44)
at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.MapGenStructure.func_75051_a(MapGenStructure.java:93)
at com.xcompwiz.mystcraft.symbol.symbols.SymbolVillages$Populator.populate(SymbolVillages.java:42)
at com.xcompwiz.mystcraft.world.AgeController.populate(AgeController.java:493)
at com.xcompwiz.mystcraft.world.ChunkProviderMyst.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderMyst.java:192)
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:279)
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1055)
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:52)
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:12)
at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor$Task.finish(AsynchronousExecutor.java:189)
at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.finishActive(AsynchronousExecutor.java:354)
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOExecutor.tick(ChunkIOExecutor.java:30)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:596)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

Other info
  • I've only seen this bug in Mystcraft worlds.
  • Deleting the village.dat and villages.dat didn't fix the problem
  • Disabling Agricraft worldgen AND deleteing the .dat files did fix the problem
Tested with:
Forge: 10.13.2.1277 and 10.13.2.1291
Agricraft: 1.2.1
Mystcraft: 0.11.0

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
You should try to add that model when the book is in the seed analyzer first so you know what to do when you have the 3d book ready.
Okay, but atm it doesn't have high priority.

Hrm. Those worldgen errors I was getting came back, but now they're crashing the server outright.

Other info
Tested with:

I'll have look at this then.

yes, ex nihilo grass seed converts blocks to grass, and ancient spores convert grass to fungus. I thunk there may be a podzol as well, but not sure.
I'm sorry I can't and I won't support seeds that have no crops asociated with them, wouldn't make any sense.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019

I've added it in and I don't really like the look of it, the book is too small :s.
77f971a74c.png
So I just threw in a config option where you can choose if you want the book rendered or not.

Other info
Tested with:

Can you try this jar and tell me if it is any better please?
https://github.com/InfinityRaider/AgriCraft/releases/tag/v_1.2.2-Snapshot-2

Cobra1117

Jul 29, 2019
I've added it in and I don't really like the look of it, the book is too small :s.

SNIP

Can you try this jar and tell me if it is any better please?
https://github.com/InfinityRaider/AgriCraft/releases/tag/v_1.2.2-Snapshot-2

Perhaps it would look better if there was a book "holder" on the side of the Seed Analyzer? Then you would be able to render the book bigger and it wouldn't look like it's in the way of the analyzer. Alternatively, you could raise the analyzer slightly and add a slot to the base of the analyzer to store the book.

I will definitely try the new JAR later today (very busy morning). Thanks!

GrammieFi

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying out the mod and so far it's been pretty fun. However, I'm having a problem with the resource seeds. I was going fine planting them until suddenly the redstone and gold seeds have started telling me they can't grow there. I just had redstone seeds growing there. They were fine. Now they won't grow. I'm using the unstable build 1.22. I tried putting redstone blocks under the dirt but that didn't fix it. NEI and the agricultural journal aren't showing any requirements. Actually, they also aren't showing any requirements for the seeds to mutate to the resource seeds but I figured that part out. But I can't progress in growing the resource seeds if I can't grow the redstone or gold seeds.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question, actually. How hard should it be to replace IC2/GT crops with this? I guess I could config your mod to replace those crops, but is there some way you could auto-detect them (like with Plant Megapack?)

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question, actually. How hard should it be to replace IC2/GT crops with this? I guess I could config your mod to replace those crops, but is there some way you could auto-detect them (like with Plant Megapack?)
What exactly do you mean with that?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying out the mod and so far it's been pretty fun. However, I'm having a problem with the resource seeds. I was going fine planting them until suddenly the redstone and gold seeds have started telling me they can't grow there. I just had redstone seeds growing there. They were fine. Now they won't grow. I'm using the unstable build 1.22. I tried putting redstone blocks under the dirt but that didn't fix it. NEI and the agricultural journal aren't showing any requirements. Actually, they also aren't showing any requirements for the seeds to mutate to the resource seeds but I figured that part out. But I can't progress in growing the resource seeds if I can't grow the redstone or gold seeds.

You need redstone ore blocks underneath the farmland for the redstone crop and gold ore blocks for the gold crop.

Basically, your mod is designed to be like IC2 crops... but without the IC2. Now what if I wanted to use IC2+Gregtech but with your mod for the crops?
So basicly you're asking support for IC2's seed bags?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
As I said, I did try putting redstone ore blocks under the farmland. They still wouldn't grow.
When you said redstone blocks I thought you meant actual redstone blocks, not the ore. I'll try to duplicate this, any more specific info about it?