[1.7.10] AgriCraft

GrammieFi

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I'm really enjoying Agricraft with magical crops, Harvestcraft, Hunger Overhaul and Spice of Life. However, some of the things going on with magical crops is making me nervous. And it occurred to me that it might be nice if I could get all of the resources from Agricraft instead of relying on another mod. Right now Agricraft has the metals for vanilla, Thermal Expansion and TiC, except cobalt and ardite, lapis, diamonds, emeralds and redstone. It's already possible to do netherwart (I think)

What are the chances of being able to add custom crops for the things I'm relying on magical crops for now? So everything is all in one mod. I'm not asking you to add them, as I think you've already said you aren't interested in that. Just, is it possible, and how hard is it?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I'm really enjoying Agricraft with magical crops, Harvestcraft, Hunger Overhaul and Spice of Life. However, some of the things going on with magical crops is making me nervous. And it occurred to me that it might be nice if I could get all of the resources from Agricraft instead of relying on another mod. Right now Agricraft has the metals for vanilla, Thermal Expansion and TiC, except cobalt and ardite, lapis, diamonds, emeralds and redstone. It's already possible to do netherwart (I think)

What are the chances of being able to add custom crops for the things I'm relying on magical crops for now? So everything is all in one mod. I'm not asking you to add them, as I think you've already said you aren't interested in that. Just, is it possible, and how hard is it?
You can add in custom crops yourself, first enable custom crops in the main config, this will generate a new config file where you can add in new crops.

It does? How? I'm confused... I know you can breed up the Magic Crops Ore Plants but without it is it still possible?
If you enable resource crops in the config it scans the oredictionary for certain metals and ores and if they are present it adds crops for them.

GrammieFi

Jul 29, 2019
You can add in custom crops yourself, first enable custom crops in the main config, this will generate a new config file where you can add in new crops.
So, if enabled, what then? Because there are no textures, names, etc. for them. Say I was adding a crop for glowstone. What are the steps once the config is enabled for custom crops? Is there a wiki or something somewhere that details how to do this?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
So, if enabled, what then? Because there are no textures, names, etc. for them. Say I was adding a crop for glowstone. What are the steps once the config is enabled for custom crops? Is there a wiki or something somewhere that details how to do this?
There is some documentation on the GitHub, and there is already a crop for glowstone.

There are also insructions inside that config file and yes you will need to provide texture for 4 growth stages as well as the seeds, unless you like the black/purple-square-missing-texture-icons

GrammieFi

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks.

Um, not fond of purple and black squares. I'm not bad at texturing though so that shouldn't be bad. I'll go look up the instructions when I have time.

I didn't see a crop for glowstone. Maybe I need my eyes checked....

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm... I should go ahead and add some mushroom crops, too. Botanica added some magical mushrooms, and I can always add Vishrooms if I wanted to.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm... I should go ahead and add some mushroom crops, too. Botanica added some magical mushrooms, and I can always add Vishrooms if I wanted to.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
I'm thinking of adding crops for Thaumcraft Cinderpearls, The blaze powder flowers and the vishrooms, its been suggested multiple times and I don't really see why I woul'nt add those.
I'll also be adding the Ars Magica 2 flowers as crops.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
There is some documentation on the GitHub, and there is already a crop for glowstone.

There are also insructions inside that config file and yes you will need to provide texture for 4 growth stages as well as the seeds, unless you like the black/purple-square-missing-texture-icons
I don't mind the purple and black textures, it just won't show up in NEI when I do custom plants. Yes, I double checked the config settings, and I've got it active.

EDIT: I'm a huge, massive derp and it is working now because I forgot a field.

Last edited:

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Okay, now for an actual bug:

# set to true to regenerate a default mutations file (will turn back to false afterwards)

Doesn't actually turn back to false afterwards.

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
I want to add my own crops. I saw the github tutorial but i have no idea about making textures. How can i use an other crop to recolor it?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, now for an actual bug:

# set to true to regenerate a default mutations file (will turn back to false afterwards)

Doesn't actually turn back to false afterwards.
Yes I know, I just haven't gotten around to fixing that :p

I want to add my own crops. I saw the github tutorial but i have no idea about making textures. How can i use an other crop to recolor it?
Ehm, you use some kind of image editing program like Gimp or Paint.NET or Photshop

Mysti Porter

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to get some support for high resolution texture packs? The pack I use does pull textures from vanilla but for some reason it doesn't render the water properly.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to get some support for high resolution texture packs? The pack I use does pull textures from vanilla but for some reason it doesn't render the water properly.
The wood should pull the texture from the provided texturepack, not sure about the water though, I'll look into it.
EDIT: can you provide a screenshot please?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
InfinityRaider, while you're around: is there already a config option to tweak the chances of getting positive mutations?

I noticed its way easier than IC2 to get improved stat crops. This could be a simple factor of the crops growing faster and being easier to analyze, but it really did seem like I got way more positive mutations than negative.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
InfinityRaider, while you're around: is there already a config option to tweak the chances of getting positive mutations?

I noticed its way easier than IC2 to get improved stat crops. This could be a simple factor of the crops growing faster and being easier to analyze, but it really did seem like I got way more positive mutations than negative.
Look in the configuration file for the difficulty setting, there are three options, it'll follow different rules depending on that setting.

Reactions: Pyure