[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
@jtmnf Yes I changed locally, but I ran out of ordo, Im hoping that one of the nodes in a jar I get from the shard quests has ordo or I will be in serious trouble. I also hope you havent been sneaky and stuck a hungry node in one of those LOL . Yes the 1.8 method is really cool . Im not sure how it will work for skyblocks though because the area aspects are made up of whats there. Are there nodes in the overworld? I think I saw a few in the nether but not sure.

For everyone. Do all the Thermal Expansion filters all require a redstone signal?

If you're needing aspects for research, lead ingots and blocks have Ordo, as do the quarried stone lanterns around the base. What Thaumcraft tools are at your disposal at the moment?

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
@OniyaMCD Not much Just doing basic research first.. ran out of ordo. aspect.

@Delgar3 I ran out of ordo aspect doing research.

Does anyone know if @jtmnf Changed the fuel usage ratio on the Big Reactors mods or is it standard. ( Im reading up in the forums about builds, and in the DW20 1.7.10 he changed it to be 10x fuel usage)

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Specifically, have you gotten the deconstruction table yet? It's in Basic, just south-east of Research Expertise. If you can manage to get that, you can have all the primal aspect research points coming out your ears in no time flat.

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
Okay will try that.. Mostly just makes tons of the crafting tables right (regular, not TiCon) correct?

I have the research, but I havent charged my wand yet. Guess Im working on bees to get the shards to get the node rewards to charge the wand with lol

Got the Chaotic bee. I think that is the one I need to get some thing going lol. Im also going to be in the process of redesigning my bee house. Not sure how Im gonna do it yet. Any one have any screenshots of their setups?

Last edited:

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Any one have any screenshots of their setups?
Here's what I did at first. All the bees! Useless hoarding! All bees were fertility 4 with shortest lifespan, spitting extra drones at Beegonias. And tons of ugly pipes.
2015-09-26_14.46.00.png

Next play through, was on a server, and I went a bit more modular and only used fertility 4 / shortest lifespan on my metal and other constant production bees. Piping got a bit nicer.
2015-12-30_08.20.20.png

I eventually realized TE has a pipe that does energy and items, making an even nicer setup. Every play through, things became more modular. I eventually landed on fertility 1 for most bees except the handful that make metals and feed the Beegonias.
2016-01-15_07.35.05.png

My Thaumcraft area. That node is huge, with over 160 aer currently. I have another node hooked up (not pictured) that's satisfying my vis needs, so I'm going to just let this one grow and grow.
2016-01-15_08.13.12.png

In all its glory.
2016-01-15_08.17.38.png

Reactions: jtmnf

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Okay will try that.. Mostly just makes tons of the crafting tables right (regular, not TiCon) correct?

I have the research, but I havent charged my wand yet. Guess Im working on bees to get the shards to get the node rewards to charge the wand with lol

You can also charge the wand with mob kills. Just have it in your hotbar. I've made myself a little (and I mean little!) mob farm with a 3x5 interior floor space and 2 space height to avoid Endermen. Walls are dirt, top and bottom are stone brick, bottom-half-slab floor all around it (gives you a better angle and reach). If you dig out any single block in the bottom, the only thing you have to worry about escaping/attacking is baby zombies. Different mobs will give you different aspects. I remember zombies are good for Perdito, and creepers will give Ignis. Aqua may require a squid farm, and I'm not sure about Ordo. I'm guessing that the Blitzes (those white Blaze critters) will give Aer.

If you have the magnet, you need to turn it off before trying to use a bow. Otherwise, it's quite useful for clearing out the drops.

Also, just checked, you only need 10 Perdito in your wand to make the table.

EDIT 2: Never mind, I'm getting Aqua from somewhere. No need for a squid farm.

Last edited:

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
You can also charge the wand with mob kills. Just have it in your hotbar. I've made myself a little (and I mean little!) mob farm with a 3x5 interior floor space and 2 space height to avoid Endermen. Walls are dirt, top and bottom are stone brick, bottom-half-slab floor all around it (gives you a better angle and reach). If you dig out any single block in the bottom, the only thing you have to worry about escaping/attacking is baby zombies. Different mobs will give you different aspects. I remember zombies are good for Perdito, and creepers will give Ignis. Aqua may require a squid farm, and I'm not sure about Ordo. I'm guessing that the Blitzes (those white Blaze critters) will give Aer.

If you have the magnet, you need to turn it off before trying to use a bow. Otherwise, it's quite useful for clearing out the drops.

You can get all of the aspects from the base mobs (Skeletons/Zombies/Angry Zombies/Endermen) but you might have to grind them for a bit.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Here's what I did at first. All the bees! Useless hoarding! All bees were fertility 4 with shortest lifespan, spitting extra drones at Beegonias. And tons of ugly pipes.
View attachment 25316

Next play through, was on a server, and I went a bit more modular and only used fertility 4 / shortest lifespan on my metal and other constant production bees. Piping got a bit nicer.
View attachment 25320

I eventually realized TE has a pipe that does energy and items, making an even nicer setup. Every play through, things became more modular. I eventually landed on fertility 1 for most bees except the handful that make metals and feed the Beegonias.
View attachment 25321

My Thaumcraft area. That node is huge, with over 160 aer currently. I have another node hooked up (not pictured) that's satisfying my vis needs, so I'm going to just let this one grow and grow.
View attachment 25324

In all its glory.
View attachment 25327

All look better than my setup. :)

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019

@Delgar3 I ran out of ordo aspect doing research.

Does anyone know if @jtmnf Changed the fuel usage ratio on the Big Reactors mods or is it standard. ( Im reading up in the forums about builds, and in the DW20 1.7.10 he changed it to be 10x fuel usage)

This also can work when you run out of a basic aspect you can put crystal clusters near your research table and you will slowly (VERY SLOWLY) gain a point or two when you run out. But it can help out. The best plan is a deconstruction table, and continue scanning all the things. :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Netherwart makes a good source of everything as well. You have Praecantatio, which breaks down into Potentia (Ignis and Ordo) and Vacuos (Aer and Perdito), and Herba which is Terra and Victus (Terra and Aqua). So that's all six right there, and if you make the effort to Agricraft them to 10/10/10, you'll have it by the stackful without crafting a thing.

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so going to set up a mob farm.

My cobble gen area. 1 stack World interaction upgrades 3 speed upgrades and 1 stack upgrade , Deep storage unit, feeding compactinng drawers.Behind it you can see my bee house.
Although the enderIO item conduit is not fast enough to keep up with the output from the transfer node.
http://prntscr.com/9qk0jy

My bee house.. On the left is metals, diamond and emerald. On the right is other production, Coal, Glowstone, Redstone Enderpearls, Thaumcraft crystals etc.
behind the Industrial apiarys are EnderIO power and item conduit. Still working on the setup for pulling items out. Will probably use basic filters with Extra Utilities filters so I can make sure to keep only a few drones in there at a time.

http://prntscr.com/9qk1um

Power setup. Solar panels feed all 6 Resonant Energy cells. ones above and below feed the tessaract, then each in sequence feed the one to the left.
http://prntscr.com/9qk5nf

Ive got an area below with my coke oven and blast furnace. The area directly below the bee house eventually be converted into the storage system.

Reactions: rivvest and jtmnf

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
Got my wand filled up. Im having a problem with my netherwart farm . I got them up to 10/10/10 easily enough. but I cant get them to grow AND stop mobs from spawning. any ideas?

Also I was able to get my first villager, by rescuing a poor zombie Villager. It gave me the guy with the seeds. I had enough emeralds to get to the 3rd seed which I think was shimmerleaf.. but I still don't know how to get greatwood and silverwood saplings.

Reactions: rivvest

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Got my wand filled up. Im having a problem with my netherwart farm . I got them up to 10/10/10 easily enough. but I cant get them to grow AND stop mobs from spawning. any ideas?

Also I was able to get my first villager, by rescuing a poor zombie Villager. It gave me the guy with the seeds. I had enough emeralds to get to the 3rd seed which I think was shimmerleaf.. but I still don't know how to get greatwood and silverwood saplings.
Those come from a quest reward.

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

I wonder guys, is floral fertiliser disabled? Sorry for not checking NEI, I am currently away from my computer for quite awhile. :p

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Posting a picture of my crop area.
AXuGaxX.png

And from the back corner, standing directly under the torch:

49Rwf9a.png

I found that mushrooms have the same light conditions, so they got moved out to separate (but identical) rooms. The water and stairs is mostly decorative, and could be replaced by half-slabs at the level of the bottom half of the soul-sand. The trap door makes getting from the door to the crop area easier (no jumping). The important thing is that the torches are staggered (note that the torch on the opposite wall is not in the corner), and far enough away that they barely reach the soul-sand.

Almost forgot to mention that the doorways are staggered up by half a block. That was on the off-chance that a mob did spawn, because the AI doesn't recognize that the space of two half-blocks plus one whole block is the same as the space of two full blocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: jtmnf and rivvest

saicrazyfire

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what the mod is in this pack that shows you the inventory when you put your mouse over them? It's really annoying and I'd like to disable it.