[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Gifts are another thing entirely, of course. :D

And in the 'Bees - what can't they do?' category: The Big Bad generates raw beef, raw chicken, and (inexplicably) watermelon. I guess the pigs were too smart for him.
They can't expand my platform :(

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Or get me a beer from the fridge!
I'm pretty sure there's a bee that produces alcohol.. but it probably comes out warm so fair point. :D

I'm going to have to start actively working on that idea, I see. *fires up GiMP and starts rummaging through texture files*
Do share if you figure out anything. Best I've found is the rod of terra firma but that still requires a base to grow upon.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm pretty sure there's a bee that produces alcohol.. but it probably comes out warm so fair point. :D

Mead. Compost + Honeydew in a Fermenter.

Do share if you figure out anything. Best I've found is the rod of terra firma but that still requires a base to grow upon.

It would involve adding a few items and recipes. I mentioned the concept up-thread of converting wax and/or honey into block forms that could be used like metal ingots and blocks.

Reactions: rivvest

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
@OniyaMCD The "Tricky" Bee generates Zombie,Skele, Player and Creeper heads and inexplicably Cookies, but no enderman heads. I guess Direwolf20 was right they are right sneaky mobs. Well the good thing is I have plenty of heads for zlogic circuts for the advanced EnderIO filters.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
@OniyaMCD The "Tricky" Bee generates Zombie,Skele, Player and Creeper heads and inexplicably Cookies, but no enderman heads. I guess Direwolf20 was right they are right sneaky mobs. Well the good thing is I have plenty of heads for zlogic circuts for the advanced EnderIO filters.

Costumes and treats - makes sense to me, given the name. ;)

Also, I've got mostly-complete bee pairing data now. The two that are eluding me are the Vis bee and the Pure bee. Internet Wisdom has given me pairings, but I suspect that I need to unlock more Thaumcraft to actually breed them.

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
yeah probably, I was gonna ask @jtmnf if in the next update he would change the configs to make Thaumcraft research set to easy mode because Im really a noob at most of this, and have no idea how to get into the config files. Im also afraid to do that because I dont want to muck something up by accident. I am really looking forward to 1.8 mods because Thaumcraft is much easier on the research. No more scanning. Each research note comes with a set of aspects.. if you muck it up, destroy the note pull another one.

The thaumcraft crystal bees are a bear to do. A lot of it is repetitious breeding.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
he would change the configs to make Thaumcraft research set to easy mode

You can change that yourself. I always change to easy mode, because even if I played with TC a lot, research is too slow for me. I prefer building knowledge fragment farms (because you are going to need them. Easy mode is more expensive in research points)

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Costumes and treats - makes sense to me, given the name. ;)

Also, I've got mostly-complete bee pairing data now. The two that are eluding me are the Vis bee and the Pure bee. Internet Wisdom has given me pairings, but I suspect that I need to unlock more Thaumcraft to actually breed them.
They're not breedable in this version of Magic Bees.. :(

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
yeah probably, I was gonna ask @jtmnf if in the next update he would change the configs to make Thaumcraft research set to easy mode because Im really a noob at most of this, and have no idea how to get into the config files. Im also afraid to do that because I dont want to muck something up by accident. I am really looking forward to 1.8 mods because Thaumcraft is much easier on the research. No more scanning. Each research note comes with a set of aspects.. if you muck it up, destroy the note pull another one.

The thaumcraft crystal bees are a bear to do. A lot of it is repetitious breeding.

I changed it to easy mode for my let's play as I didn't feel like going through all the research again, here is step by step instructions on how to do it. It's really easy.

1. Go to your config folder
  2. Open thaumcraft.cfg
  3. Go to the Research section
  4. Change Research Difficulty to -1 for easy, 0 for normal, or 1 for hard.
  5. Save and replace the file

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
yeah probably, I was gonna ask @jtmnf if in the next update he would change the configs to make Thaumcraft research set to easy mode because Im really a noob at most of this, and have no idea how to get into the config files. Im also afraid to do that because I dont want to muck something up by accident.

http://ythri.github.io/tcresearch/ *shifty eyes* Also, once you have a Deconstruction Table, chuck in crafting tables by the stack. 'Fabrico' contains all of the primals except for Ignis (so does 'Meto', but hoes don't stack).

They're not breedable in this version of Magic Bees.. :(

Odd that they show up in NEI, then. (Vis was supposed to be Arcane/Aware, and Pure was supposed to be Vis/Edenic)

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
You can change that yourself. I always change to easy mode, because even if I played with TC a lot, research is too slow for me. I prefer building knowledge fragment farms (because you are going to need them. Easy mode is more expensive in research points)

I knew it was possible to change it for myself. There were two concerns 1. I didnt know how (thanks to @Delgar3 for the step by step below.) 2. Even if I did figure it out, I didn't want to screw up my game by messing up and doing the wrong thing.

As an aside how do you make knowledge fragment farms?

I changed it to easy mode for my let's play as I didn't feel like going through all the research again, here is step by step instructions on how to do it. It's really easy.

1. Go to your config folder
  2. Open thaumcraft.cfg
  3. Go to the Research section
  4. Change Research Difficulty to -1 for easy, 0 for normal, or 1 for hard.
  5. Save and replace the file

Thanks again Delgar3 for pointing me in the right direction. I had trouble opening it at first. I had to open it from within notepad. I am really looking forward to messing around with Thaumcraft 5. (wands recharge without nodes from the aspects in the chuncks, research notes come with research points already added if you muck it up, destroy the note get a new one try again, and GOLEMS!! my oh my they are cool.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I knew it was possible to change it for myself. There were two concerns 1. I didnt know how (thanks to @Delgar3 for the step by step below.) 2. Even if I did figure it out, I didn't want to screw up my game by messing up and doing the wrong thing.

You want to breed up to at least the Scholarly bees, preferably the Savant. They produce 'Lore Fragments', four of which will make a Knowledge Fragment. Sadly, the Auto Packager doesn't work on them, since it's a 'shapeless' recipe.

Also, a 3x3 of Knowledge Fragments will make a Research Note, but there appears to be a very small list of what research notes can be made this way.

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
Ok Like I said I am a complete noob when it comes to Thaumcraft and knowledge fragments. What can they be used for other than research notes. Wiki says they can be distilled for 8 Cognito Essence. Can they be "consumed" right clicked for research points even if it is a small amount?

Last edited:

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019

In this pack, you use bees, as @OniyaMCD suggest. In other packs, there are several options. I don't remember in this moment what addon add what method, but one is called "think tank" and other is called "soul sieve". There are probably other methods too. Maybe even beans farms.

Can they be "consumed" right clicked for research points even if it is a small amount?

Yes, I just "eat" them when I run out of an aspect. They give a bunch at random.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the tag @Vanewolf29, because I was note receiveing notifications on the thread (and I don't know why)... I couldn't read everything but I can answer to the question about Thaumcraft (late, I know... Sorry...): no, I'll not change it :\ I notice that 1.8 has a new method (and I like it too), but for this modpack, the normal version is ok! Sorry :\ I guess that you already changed locally, but if you not, you can do that (like @Delgar3 said) :)

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
@jtmnf Yes I changed locally, but I ran out of ordo, Im hoping that one of the nodes in a jar I get from the shard quests has ordo or I will be in serious trouble. I also hope you havent been sneaky and stuck a hungry node in one of those LOL . Yes the 1.8 method is really cool . Im not sure how it will work for skyblocks though because the area aspects are made up of whats there. Are there nodes in the overworld? I think I saw a few in the nether but not sure.

For everyone. Do all the Thermal Expansion filters all require a redstone signal?

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
@jtmnf Yes I changed locally, but I ran out of ordo, Im hoping that one of the nodes in a jar I get from the shard quests has ordo or I will be in serious trouble. I also hope you havent been sneaky and stuck a hungry node in one of those LOL . Yes the 1.8 method is really cool . Im not sure how it will work for skyblocks though because the area aspects are made up of whats there. Are there nodes in the overworld? I think I saw a few in the nether but not sure.

For everyone. Do all the Thermal Expansion filters all require a redstone signal?

When you say you ran out of ordo? Do you mean ordo to complete research? Or Ordo in your wand?

You should be able to tell Thermal "Dynamic" pipes to either use or ignore redstone signals.