[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Potato and poppy (just checked). I'm working on trying to get the light low enough for the netherwart at the moment, though, and hopefully without a sudden influx of nasties in the basement.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Okay - for anyone else that was wondering, the netherwart light levels are literally right at the edge of mob-spawning levels. My setup has a 3x8 growing field (one row each for netherwart, red and brown mushrooms) with a ring of water around that and a ring of stair-blocks holding it in. From there, the floor is three rows of half-slabs, then the walls on the fourth block out. Torches are staggered so that the line of soul-sand gets hit by just the very tip of the light radius.

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Okay - for anyone else that was wondering, the netherwart light levels are literally right at the edge of mob-spawning levels. My setup has a 3x8 growing field (one row each for netherwart, red and brown mushrooms) with a ring of water around that and a ring of stair-blocks holding it in. From there, the floor is three rows of half-slabs, then the walls on the fourth block out. Torches are staggered so that the line of soul-sand gets hit by just the very tip of the light radius.
@OniyaMCD Just cover up your netherwart crop (leave a space above it though), and then spam watering can. Saves you from the worry of mobs. Nasty... nasty... mobs.... (sheesh smouldering bees...)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
@OniyaMCD Just cover up your netherwart crop (leave a space above it though), and then spam watering can. Saves you from the worry of mobs. Nasty... nasty... mobs.... (sheesh smouldering bees...)

For the bee-flower netherwart, I just planted it straight on soul-sand - no need for a cover or watering can - and stayed out of range. Really, once it's planted, the bees could care less if it's mature. For my villager rehab program, though, I need a good source of potion materials.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
For the bee-flower netherwart, I just planted it straight on soul-sand - no need for a cover or watering can - and stayed out of range. Really, once it's planted, the bees could care less if it's mature. For my villager rehab program, though, I need a good source of potion materials.
There's a syringe for that if you wanna go the easy route.

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
What the heck are Wrecking I and Destruction 1 enchantments

Nevermind. Looked it up, Railcraft enchantments. Wrecking does bonus damage, Destruction does wide area deconstruction of blocks.

Last edited:

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
@Celestialphoenix Probably not sharpness, more like the nether quartz does for TiCon. As for wrecking.. maybe equivalent putting AOE (Area of Efffect on a wrench) making it faster to pick up tracks.

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I just discovered this on FTB, and it looks really interesting. However, I have a problem. I've discovered I intensely dislike skyblock maps (a combination of vertigo and falling to my death then spawning not on the platform so that I'm falling eternally).

Is there any way of using this pack on a different map (like the Regrowth wasteland map, that way you don't have any real resources either)?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Hi, I just discovered this on FTB, and it looks really interesting. However, I have a problem. I've discovered I intensely dislike skyblock maps (a combination of vertigo and falling to my death then spawning not on the platform so that I'm falling eternally).

Is there any way of using this pack on a different map (like the Regrowth wasteland map, that way you don't have any real resources either)?

The one issue I see is that there are certain starting resources provided in chests in the initial map. If not for that, you could make yourself a flat Plains biome world with about 41 layers of Bedrock and no structure generation. (41 layers to avoid slime spawnage.) Mind you, the zombie threat will be real.

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
The one issue I see is that there are certain starting resources provided in chests in the initial map. If not for that, you could make yourself a flat Plains biome world with about 41 layers of Bedrock and no structure generation. (41 layers to avoid slime spawnage.) Mind you, the zombie threat will be real.

I tend to play on peaceful most of the time anyway, so the zombies wouldn't be an issue, and I could always creative mode in the starting stuff, but there's no way to make a custom world in this pack. Is there a config option I need to change to be able to create my own map?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

Create an all ocean world, then [notepad and pencil may be useful] give yourself equivalent starting resources.
Ocean will give you the building challenge of skyblocking, without the vertigo. It'll also keep the zombies from knocking.
Alternately theres the resonant fluxpack/jetpack- put it in hover mode and you'll gently float instead of falling.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Create an all ocean world, then [notepad and pencil may be useful] give yourself equivalent starting resources.
Ocean will give you the building challenge of skyblocking, without the vertigo. It'll also keep the zombies from knocking.
Alternately theres the resonant fluxpack/jetpack- put it in hover mode and you'll gently float instead of falling.

I think the questionable thing is how to get the quest data and stuff. Can a 'custom map' just be dropped into the saves folder without issue?

(On a completely unrelated note, I've been contemplating some kind of ocean-based HQM. Couple of minor things that need sorting, though.)

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
The other option is to use one of the two base maps. Put yourself in peaceful mode. And then if you fall, just put yourself in creative long enough to get back onto the platform. Typically falling is one of my fears in skyblocks. I dont look down into the abyss very often so I avoid the vertigo effect. (I have quite a few inner ear problems.) And one of the early quests gives you a builders wand so make your platform huge. I used an early game cobble gen to get me to the point where I got the lava fabricator and igneous extruder. I was then able to very quickly have more cobble than I needed to make my platform. You will need to work quickly in peaceful mode though to get through your bee breeding to get to the emerald bee. so you can make a peaceful table, to get mob drops.

I have a question as well, What is the difference between the Watering Can and its Reinforced cousin.. Is it just a larger watering area. (regular is 3x3, reinforced appears to be 5x5)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I have a question as well, What is the difference between the Watering Can and its Reinforced cousin.. Is it just a larger watering area. (regular is 3x3, reinforced appears to be 5x5)

The reinforced watering can is able to be used in automated farms. It also requires Bedrockium and a piece of your soul to make it.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
@OniyaMCD Well it was much easier for me to get.. quest reward... YAY!

Gifts are another thing entirely, of course. :D

And in the 'Bees - what can't they do?' category: The Big Bad generates raw beef, raw chicken, and (inexplicably) watermelon. I guess the pigs were too smart for him.