[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
It will work on multiple items at once - I don't know about Iron Chests, but in my 'Resource area', I'm running 11 different metals through a regular wooden chest and haven't run out of slots yet. SP2 is a Solar Panel level 2. If you don't have a spare lying around, they're pretty cheap to build.

The duct on the back re-cycles the product through the system (so your product can be compressed to the next level). That setup in the picture is for compressing cobble. Compressed Cobble gets shipped back to turn into Double Compressed and so forth. The high-grade servo is for speed. For metals, you'd want a pipe with a servo to pull blocks out of the system from the second chest (with 11 metals, a Signalum Servo will do comfortably).

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
It will work on multiple items at once - I don't know about Iron Chests, but in my 'Resource area', I'm running 11 different metals through a regular wooden chest and haven't run out of slots yet. SP2 is a Solar Panel level 2. If you don't have a spare lying around, they're pretty cheap to build.

The duct on the back re-cycles the product through the system (so your product can be compressed to the next level). That setup in the picture is for compressing cobble. Compressed Cobble gets shipped back to turn into Double Compressed and so forth. The high-grade servo is for speed. For metals, you'd want a pipe with a servo to pull blocks out of the system from the second chest (with 11 metals, a Signalum Servo will do comfortably).
Here's my new favorite cobble compressor, shamelessly stolen from someone on a server. Filter only the highest compressed cobble to go into the next compacting drawer! 3 stacks each of world interaction upgrades and speed upgrades in the transfer node certainly helps too. :)
2016-01-06_21.36.52.png

Oh, and @jtmnf, I finally got shimmerleaf trading with the Agricraft villagers.. only took a dozen stacks or so of emeralds! :D
2016-01-06_21.47.03.png

Last edited:
Reactions: jtmnf and OniyaMCD

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
@jtmnf You are really sneaky... you even thought to disable the ability of the smeltery to make nuggets... are you part ninja?!?
I'm just like that, a sneaky ninja guy :p

Here's my new favorite cobble compressor, shamelessly stolen from someone on a server. Filter only the highest compressed cobble to go into the next compacting drawer! 3 stacks each of world interaction upgrades and speed upgrades in the transfer node certainly helps too. :)

Oh, and @jtmnf, I finally got shimmerleaf trading with the Agricraft villagers.. only took a dozen stacks or so of emeralds! :D
So I gues there's no need to fix that problem :p

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Many thanks!

I sort of did an end-run to get a dragon egg for my end-type bees. I did alter a few to take snow (since I'd gotten that gene on an early quest), then went rapid-fire for the Draconic Bees. Now I'm going back and making 'archival stock' of the bees with their original preference.

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how much power an industrial apiary with 8 production,and an automation upgrade uses per tick? Im trying to figure out what level of enderIO power cable I need to make and I don't really want to make top tier if I don't have to.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how much power an industrial apiary with 8 production,and an automation upgrade uses per tick? Im trying to figure out what level of enderIO power cable I need to make and I don't really want to make top tier if I don't have to.
94.6 RF/t (you can see power consumption by hovering over the red check mark in the apiary).

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Have you finished chapter 9 yet? You can get tons of those cryo-stabilized flux ducts from that chapter. Although, I was running fine with the yellow power cables.

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
I have 64 of the cryostabilized ones. and probably 10 of the resonant energy cells. I want to use those to power the energy cells later on. I want to use the EnderIO conduit because they work like multiparts with the other cables. Item Conduit, Fluid Conduit etc.. the exporting can be controlled with filters. I really need to make the other machines from Gendustry. Ive got soooooooo many extra drones. (My breeding stock aside) I have 2.5 Diamond chests full that I was using to power the beegonias.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
#magicbees botania fix
mods.botania.Apothecary.removeRecipe("beegonia");
mods.botania.Apothecary.addRecipe("beegonia", [<ore:petalYellow>, <ore:petalYellow>, <ore:petalYellow>, <ore:petalWhite>, <ore:petalWhite>, <MagicBees:miscResources:8>]);
mods.botania.Apothecary.removeRecipe("hiveacynth");
mods.botania.Apothecary.addRecipe("hiveacynth", [<ore:redstoneRoot>,<ore:petalLightBlue>, <ore:petalCyan>, <ore:petalCyan>, <ore:petalCyan>, <ore:petalBlue>,<ore:petalBlue>,<ore:petalBlue>,<MagicBees:miscResources:7>]);
mods.botania.Apothecary.removeRecipe("hibeescus");
mods.botania.Apothecary.addRecipe("hibeescus", [<ore:redstoneRoot>,<ore:petalPurple>, <ore:petalBrown>, <ore:petalRed>,<ore:petalRed>,<ore:petalRed>, <ore:petalMagenta>,<ore:petalMagenta>,<ore:petalMagenta>,<ore:petalMagenta>, <ore:petalOrange>,<ore:petalOrange>, <ore:runePrideB>, <ore:runeEnvyB>, <ore:runeGreedB>, <ore:runeSummerB>, <ore:runeAirB>, <MagicBees:miscResources:12>]);
@jtmnf : Here, this is what I've added to the MyM server to fix the recipes so feel free to use it yourself if you like ;)
In place of the mana petals in uses a couple extra normal petals, but then each of the 3 flowers also requires one magicbees essence item, the Beegonia which kills bees requires an Essence of a Shallow Grave, the Hiveacynth which creates bees requires an Essence of False Life, and the Hibeescus which turns ignoble into pristine require Essence of Fickle Permanence, each of which requires Soul wax that comes from the Spirit bee tree... clever ehh?!

I tried this, both via the MyM launcher and FTB single player with the recipes added.. but I cannot get the Essences to go into the Petal Apothecary. @chaosblad3, were you able to actually get the items to craft?

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I found a weird bug (no pun intended) the other day during my play through.

I took a majestic queen out of an Auto Apiary and put in a Spider queen, a few minutes later the spidery queen disappeared and I had an exact duplicate of the Majestic Queen which had previously been in there.
I suspect it is an issue with the Auto Apiary and the way it handles the lifecycle for the Queen so when I did a straight swap over it didn't reset the timer and continued producing like the original queen.

So I doubt that there will be anything that the mod pack creator can do to fix this but wanted to caution people just in case as that was a bit of a set back at the time.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I found a weird bug (no pun intended) the other day during my play through.

I took a majestic queen out of an Auto Apiary and put in a Spider queen, a few minutes later the spidery queen disappeared and I had an exact duplicate of the Majestic Queen which had previously been in there.
I suspect it is an issue with the Auto Apiary and the way it handles the lifecycle for the Queen so when I did a straight swap over it didn't reset the timer and continued producing like the original queen.

So I doubt that there will be anything that the mod pack creator can do to fix this but wanted to caution people just in case as that was a bit of a set back at the time.

Or, in the hands of a disreputable sort - possibly one heck of an exploit if the 'second bee' were something of less complexity.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019

It was a bug in Forestry, but was fixed. https://github.com/bdew/gendustry/issues/135 & http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/forestry/files/2256406

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
So FINALLY wrapped up the pack, so here is the ACTION packed FINALE! (However I forgot to give my thoughts on the pack in the video so I'll write the good/thebad/the ugly and post it here sometime soon).

Reactions: jtmnf and rivvest