[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
@jtmnf I saw this in an earlier post but just curious would you consider adding buildcraft to the pack? Maybe can have some quests for them as well.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Personally, I prefer the thermal dynamic pipes - they don't require separate power sources to actually move things around.

Reactions: jtmnf

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
yeah Ive got to do something though Im about halfway to getting certus, and realizing I need to make the Yellorium bee first. Im running out of power generation.. of course with the combs quest I took the energy cells on most of them.. 4 I got the hyper cooled whatchama call its.

Im considering using EnderIO transfer pipes into barrels and having the combs and other drops pulled into barrels and storage drawers in my downstairs area which I need to expand LOL

Last edited:

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
Another question I have is about the various types of pasture seeds are they in the lexica botania? I know what the Boreal Pasture Seeds do (makes podzol) as another question what does the Mutated,Scorched,Infused,Golden,Dry, and Vivid pasture seeds do?

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Another question I have is about the various types of pasture seeds are they in the lexica botania? I know what the Boreal Pasture Seeds do (makes podzol) as another question what does the Mutated,Scorched,Infused,Golden,Dry, and Vivid pasture seeds do?
They make decorative variants of grass.

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
@jtmnf Im curious. I can understand why in a round about way. But why do the compacting drawers not take nuggets like they do in Regrowth. Is there an easier way to turn them into ingots than sitting there with stacks and stacks of nuggets and a crafting bench? I don't have AE2 yet. Auto packagers seem unwieldy. It would make it a lot easier if they did.

Since the compacting drawers are just stone, redstone and iron. (early game materials) I can see why you dont want ingots to be able to easily be turned into nuggets for some of the early game quests. But right now, Im making so many nuggets I spend a good deal of time at a crafting station.. Making ingots.

Almost all my production bees have the following traits.
Nocturnal: True
Cave Dwelling: False
Tolerant Flyer: True (This means they can work in the rain, I believe)
Effect:None (gets rid of aggressive traits and mob spawns)
Lifespan: Shortest
Territory: Average 9x6x9
Humidity Tolerance: +/- 1
Temperature Tolerance: +/- 2
Fertility:4 ( I have one and a half diamond chest full of bees for the Beegonias)
Flowering: Slowest (I have lots of wonderful Minecraft flowers sprouting all over the place)

(This part is for anyone)
Now I want to get into the advanced genetic stuff, but Im wondering what to do with the gene samples I want dont want to use, Is there a way to recycle them aside from just putting them on a template. Does one of the advanced machines do that for you? Any help and advice would be great.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
@jtmnf Im curious. I can understand why in a round about way. But why do the compacting drawers not take nuggets like they do in Regrowth. Is there an easier way to turn them into ingots than sitting there with stacks and stacks of nuggets and a crafting bench? I don't have AE2 yet. Auto packagers seem unwieldy. It would make it a lot easier if they did.

Since the compacting drawers are just stone, redstone and iron. (early game materials) I can see why you dont want ingots to be able to easily be turned into nuggets for some of the early game quests. But right now, Im making so many nuggets I spend a good deal of time at a crafting station.. Making ingots.

Fertility:4 ( I have one and a half diamond chest full of bees for the Beegonias)
Flowering: Slowest (I have lots of wonderful Minecraft flowers sprouting all over the place)

Now I want to get into the advanced genetic stuff, but Im wondering what to do with the gene samples I want dont want to use, Is there a way to recycle them aside from just putting them on a template. Does one of the advanced machines do that for you? Any help and advice would be great.
You can use auto-crafting from AE2, or just use AutoPackager!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

The auto-packager is amaaaaaaazing for the whole nuggets-ingots-blocks situation. I have a setup that fits in a 3x4 space that cycles ingots back through the packager and then whisks the blocks off to storage from the top of the second chest. The recycling duct has a white-list for ingots, or you could blacklist blocks

Duct--Duct---Duct-
Chest-Pack--Chest
-------Cable-------
--------SP2--------

It's also good at compressing cobblestone (hint-hint). The solar panel here is probably excessive, since I was trying to make it keep up with a level 2 (Igneous Catalyst) Extruder overnight. The daylight sensor took care of that.
iqFIeTcl.png

Unwanted gene samples can be cleared by tossing the thing in the furnace. This even works on actual templates, like if you accidentally duplicate a species or something.

Last edited:

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019

I think the intention was to force you to have to make the nugget bees, as they'd be the only way of making nuggets, rather than going the route of bees that makes ingots. It was an intentional design to make nugget bees desirable. The compacting drawers negate the mod pack creators intentional design so it was disabled. Auto packagers are simple to make and allow you to convert nuggets into ingots and not the other way around. That's your easiest way to do it before AE. You could also use the auto assembler if you like.

All gene samples can be cooked in furnace/oven to give you back the blank template.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
The auto-packager is amaaaaaaazing for the whole nuggets-ingots-blocks situation. I have a setup that fits in a 3x4 space that cycles ingots back through the packager and then whisks the blocks off to storage from the top of the second chest. The recycling duct has a white-list for ingots, or you could blacklist blocks

Duct--Duct---Duct-
Chest-Pack--Chest
-------Cable-------
--------SP2--------

It's also good at compressing cobblestone (hint-hint). Unwanted gene samples can be cleared by tossing the thing in the furnace. This even works on actual templates, like if you accidentally duplicate a species or something.

DAMN you beat me by seconds....seconds! I got the alert as I was typing. :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'll admit, I've been kinda psyched about that setup. I discovered what an autopackager could do a couple days ago while listening to someone else learning what it couldn't do. The cobble compressor gives me about 2 quads per Minecraft day - I could probably speed it up by daisy-chaining them, but the recursion method was just so darn elegant

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
You can use auto-crafting from AE2, or just use AutoPackager!

Duct--Duct---Duct-
Chest-Pack--Chest
-------Cable-------
--------SP2--------

Unwanted gene samples can be cleared by tossing the thing in the furnace. This even works on actual templates, like if you accidentally duplicate a species or something.

Okay so it looks like Im making another autopackager. Will it work on multiple items at once? Does it recognize Iron Chests? If so it will be worth it for me just to restructure my base. Ive got two banks of industrial apiaries, to me they seem to be faster on production than the multiblock forestry ones. My next targets are aluminium and emeralds. @OniyaMCD what is the duct on the back of the receiver chest for and what is SP@2

My cobblestone setup is is two-fold. I have a fully upgraded gold barrel (512 stacks) on top of the igneous extruder. it makes cobblestone fast enough for me to build with.
the one Im using to make my compressed set up is Transfer Node with 30+ (going with stacks of the world interaction upgrades) 2 stack upgrades and 3 speed upgrades. produces 30+ cobble every couple ticks. that goes into a barrel into an auto packager into another barrel. When I get more stable with my energy production Im gonna put another autopackager, and another barrel. I realize that ou can do the same with cyclic assemblers but that takes tons of power.

Last edited: