[1.6.4] Running Red v1.1.4 [Jam-Packed][Hardcore][Magic][RPG][Good as Crash Landing!]

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
  • You are the first person to have actually completed the pack :D! I'm very happy that you liked it! Have a cookie for your trouble!

• The Quest Images were simply because I was trying to get all the quests in a set color-coded. I'll probably go into more depth for those Witchery Quests in Demolition Lovers so that the Life people know what the heck is going on.
  • I will most definitely go deeper into the Spell System, as it is tons of fun :D
  • I'm working on a method to remove Mekanism and AE from the pack, but MFR and TE will probably stay.
  • I'll think about removing Pnuematicraft.
  • I'll be adding JABBA in this update.
  • Crash Landing will have points taken off for being created before the competition, so I think I'm good in that regard ;). I'm actually pretty certain that @parcel31u 's Material Energy^3 is going to win, though.
AE does seem a bit over-technical for your person. It kinda sounds like they used to work a farm of sorts? They remember crooking leaves and using silkworms, not really working over-complicated spacial and digital storage.
And I'm guessing 'this update' for Jabba is actually 1.1.1, since I'm not seeing it in 1.1.0?

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
Friend playing the pack had an odd issue. When he died, he started spawning -underneath- the platform you start on for some reason. He was shot, then creeper'd off the side into the void when heading to the first island for the oreberries.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
I made a friend (In other words, extra coven witches can spawn. Not sure if this is intentional.)
2014-08-31_08.42.01.png

EDIT: I never said they were smart though.
2014-08-31_08.59.28.png

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
AE does seem a bit over-technical for your person. It kinda sounds like they used to work a farm of sorts? They remember crooking leaves and using silkworms, not really working over-complicated spacial and digital storage.
And I'm guessing 'this update' for Jabba is actually 1.1.1, since I'm not seeing it in 1.1.0?
Yes, it will be added then.
Friend playing the pack had an odd issue. When he died, he started spawning -underneath- the platform you start on for some reason. He was shot, then creeper'd off the side into the void when heading to the first island for the oreberries.
I don't know why, but this only happens to certain people. :/
I made a friend (In other words, extra coven witches can spawn. Not sure if this is intentional.)
View attachment 12690

EDIT: I never said they were smart though.
View attachment 12691
Well, I guess it'd help if you did the Witchery line.

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm. Might I make a suggestion? Work some more with whatever that tweak mod is that you're using to add in blood altar recipes and change the LP/tick transfers. It looks like most the ones you've added only drain 1 LP/tick to make the item. And when some items take 10k LP, that takes a while, even with some speed runes.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Hmmm. Might I make a suggestion? Work some more with whatever that tweak mod is that you're using to add in blood altar recipes and change the LP/tick transfers. It looks like most the ones you've added only drain 1 LP/tick to make the item. And when some items take 10k LP, that takes a while, even with some speed runes.
Why didn't I think of that?

*scurries back to his modpack*

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Love the mod pack so far but i have 2 things that could make it better. 1 most skyblock types have mobgriefing disabled and there is a quest that require you to kill 2 creepers. this part of the quest is not really needed. you will be build a mob plate form to kill the zombies and skeleies from the quest before and the creeper one could be added to that one. also gunpower you need for the sand can be gained from reward bags. I think the creeper one should be changed to get some much gunpowder. Just a few suggestions.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Love the mod pack so far but i have 2 things that could make it better. 1 most skyblock types have mobgriefing disabled and there is a quest that require you to kill 2 creepers. this part of the quest is not really needed. you will be build a mob plate form to kill the zombies and skeleies from the quest before and the creeper one could be added to that one. also gunpower you need for the sand can be gained from reward bags. I think the creeper one should be changed to get some much gunpowder. Just a few suggestions.
It's not too hard to get mob drops or kill monsters, honestly. Just build this:
2014-09-01_14.39.11.png
2014-09-01_14.44.24.png
It's extremely easy to build, can be used at any time of day, and better yet, monsters can't see you. So no creepers blowing up while you kill them.

Also, once you get enough resources to get a Tool Forge, I highly recommend getting a Scythe. Makes dispatching of groups of mobs much easier.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
View attachment 12723
View attachment 12724
It's extremely easy to build, can be used at any time of day, and better yet, monsters can't see you. So no creepers blowing up while you kill them.

Also, once you get enough resources to get a Tool Forge, I highly recommend getting a Scythe. Makes dispatching of groups of mobs much easier.
WTF is with that sheep? :p

Also, here's a vidya on stuff:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
View attachment 12723
View attachment 12724

Maybe my statement is being miss read. I don't find it hard. I was just making the statement that most skyblock types disable mobgriefing. Um creeper can blow up fighting other mobs as well?!?! rofl

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Just /gamerule mobGriefing false yourself.
Ok so we are clear here i am a youtuber not a noob ok. So let's assume i tried that before posting and i didn't just come running on here to complain about stuff. In order to use that command the map has to be set for cheat enable which as far as i can tell it is not. I assume the map creator didn't want people missing with the rules or didn't think about it when creating the world.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
in general at the start you rely on the quest items at the start and one wrong creep blast at the start could have you redoing 2-3 hours work because a creeper destroyed half your base and the required items with it. that is why most skyblock types that use the HQM disable it. on hard core a creeper blowing up next to you will still kill you whether it takes half the base with it or not.

/hqm edit would be a mod feature if i am not misstaken.

Last edited by a moderator: