[1.6.4] Running Red v1.1.4 [Jam-Packed][Hardcore][Magic][RPG][Good as Crash Landing!]

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
in general at the start you rely on the quest items at the start and one wrong creep blast at the start could have you redoing 2-3 hours work because a creeper destroyed half your base and the required items with it. that is why most skyblock types that use the HQM disable it. on hard core a creeper blowing up next to you will still kill you whether it takes half the base with it or not.

View it as an additional difficulty aspect.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
in general at the start you rely on the quest items at the start and one wrong creep blast at the start could have you redoing 2-3 hours work because a creeper destroyed half your base and the required items with it. that is why most skyblock types that use the HQM disable it. on hard core a creeper blowing up next to you will still kill you whether it takes half the base with it or not.[DOUBLEPOST=1409599843][/DOUBLEPOST]
/hqm edit would be a mod feature if i am not misstaken.
/hqm edit is a command that requires cheats to me enabled, just like (almost) any other command.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
View it as an additional difficulty aspect.
Should 1 feature of a game that allows you multi chance before restarting a map be voided by dieing at the start and having to start over even though you still have lives because a random creeper popped up? pretty crappy to have 6 lives and have to start over for no reason at all because you lost a quest require tem.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Should 1 feature of a game that allows you multi chance before restarting a map be voided by dieing at the start and having to start over even though you still have lives because a random creeper popped up? pretty crappy to have 6 lives and have to start over for no reason at all because you lost a quest require tem.

If a creeper can surprise you on a skyblock, then you need better situational awareness. This is an aspect of difficulty that you must deal with as it is standard with the map.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not preventing the player from activating cheats and disabling it.
Ok so we are clear here i am a youtuber not a noob ok. So let's assume i tried that before posting and i didn't just come running on here to complain about stuff. In order to use that command the map has to be set for cheat enable which as far as i can tell it is not. I assume the map creator didn't want people missing with the rules or didn't think about it when creating the world.
*pssst* there's a thing called open to LAN

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
The best option would be to not let creepers into your base. I for one am terrible with mobs, so it's a habit of mine to light everything up and build mainly with half slabs so mobs don't spawn. I suggest you o the same thing.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The best option would be to not let creepers into your base. I for one am terrible with mobs, so it's a habit of mine to light everything up and build mainly with half slabs so mobs don't spawn. I suggest you o the same thing.
Why can't I like more than once?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
/hqm edit is a command that requires cheats to me enabled, just like (almost) any other command.
As i have just tried all the other cheat commands and they don't have promission and you can still use /HQM edit them NO it does't require cheats. Otherwise you would be able to use it. http://hqm.wikispaces.com/Commands
If i am reading this right the give take commands require cheats enbled but says little else about any other command.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
As i have just tried all the other cheat commands and they don't have promission and you can still use /HQM edit them NO it does't require cheats. Otherwise you would be able to use it. http://hqm.wikispaces.com/Commands
If i am reading this right the give take commands require cheats enbled but says little else about any other command.
*pssst* there's a thing called open to LAN
did you not read this, you can open to LAN and enable cheats

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Sadly there is no need for you to be at your base. As i recall the 2nd island at the start has no light and is crawling with mobs. Those sneaky creepers just love hiding behide thing don't they.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Sadly there is no need for you to be at your base. As i recall the 2nd island at the start has no light and is crawling with mobs. Those sneaky creepers just love hiding behide thing don't they.

Then learn to deal with combat in MC with mob damage on.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
did you not read this, you can open to LAN and enable cheats
i do not change the map or pack. I was just tell the mod pack and map creator about it. It is playable as is and a ton of fun. I for one love using blood magic. But unless the creator says he wants it on I will leave it off and build around the creepers spawning