[1.6.4] Running Red v1.1.4 [Jam-Packed][Hardcore][Magic][RPG][Good as Crash Landing!]

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Finished and OMG!!!

I fu@§ing LOVED it!

It is amazing, VERY nice job! Everything is amazing (except the witchery grinding :p)!

I took a sneak pick at the quest book to check the other storyline and now I see how you integrated some stuff in the pack, you troller :p (not gonna disclose it, its a surprise)

I'm just sad that Burn Bright quest was only that... I barely played with Blood Magic before, so it was an awesome experience learning it and play with it and sadly, you didnt wnet deep in the BM spell system. Would love to have a few quests about it and learn more. Same with BM end game, demons and such! Surely, I will try it on a more 'normal pack' since some stuff is much harder to do in a sky block. Fighting withers in the void is crazy hard (if you stay with the quest line and dont do Thaumcraft and the warding focus...)

I would just do some touches on the pack (hidden since it contains some spoilers):

• In the questline, if you decide to live, you will get pneumaticraft and BM quests (and a nice troll with the quest images :) ) but no witchery. Then, when you arrive at the final chapter, you have 2 witchery quests that will be a killer if you dont know the mod. since you havent done a single witchery quest, its just a lot of stuff asked to do and no clue about what and how to do it! (thank god, withchery web page as so much and good informaton)
  • Again, since you start the BM spell system, I would go a little deeper. Maybe replacing the witchery quests with BM spell quests on the last chapter?
  • I would remove all kind of technology mods from the pack, since with the pneumaticraft exception, they have no reason to be there, they have no quests and break the lore... TE, AE, MFR, mekanism...all that should go away. And, since you dont have TE, no need for Forbiden Magic and neither Thaumcraft. All these mods dont fit with the lore of the pack. I only see one reason to have TE and that is the Igneos extrude... and there is a lot of ways of doing the well of suffering without witches and jailer's safari nets. For example, Witchery witches, once we talk with them, dont despawn anymore.
  • I would also remove the pneumaticraft and re-write the quest line without it... Not sure how but... just to keep the technology out of the pack.
  • I would add JABBA, chests are fine for all the major stuff we get while playing but... the ingots/berries/stone/mob drops ask for barrels!

Saddly, there is a pack in the contest that started a month earlier then all the other packs and was allowed to enter the contest. He received a LOT of attention before the jampack started which helped it to become very notourious and helped a lot to improve the pack before the deadline.
If he was not in the run, I would put my money on your pack!!
Awesome job!

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Finished and OMG!!!

I fu@§ing LOVED it!

It is amazing, VERY nice job! Everything is amazing (except the witchery grinding :p)!

I took a sneak pick at the quest book to check the other storyline and now I see how you integrated some stuff in the pack, you troller :p (not gonna disclose it, its a surprise)

I'm just sad that Burn Bright quest was only that... I barely played with Blood Magic before, so it was an awesome experience learning it and play with it and sadly, you didnt wnet deep in the BM spell system. Would love to have a few quests about it and learn more. Same with BM end game, demons and such! Surely, I will try it on a more 'normal pack' since some stuff is much harder to do in a sky block. Fighting withers in the void is crazy hard (if you stay with the quest line and dont do Thaumcraft and the warding focus...)

I would just do some touches on the pack (hidden since it contains some spoilers):

• In the questline, if you decide to live, you will get pneumaticraft and BM quests (and a nice troll with the quest images :) ) but no witchery. Then, when you arrive at the final chapter, you have 2 witchery quests that will be a killer if you dont know the mod. since you havent done a single witchery quest, its just a lot of stuff asked to do and no clue about what and how to do it! (thank god, withchery web page as so much and good informaton)
  • Again, since you start the BM spell system, I would go a little deeper. Maybe replacing the witchery quests with BM spell quests on the last chapter?
  • I would remove all kind of technology mods from the pack, since with the pneumaticraft exception, they have no reason to be there, they have no quests and break the lore... TE, AE, MFR, mekanism...all that should go away. And, since you dont have TE, no need for Forbiden Magic and neither Thaumcraft. All these mods dont fit with the lore of the pack. I only see one reason to have TE and that is the Igneos extrude... and there is a lot of ways of doing the well of suffering without witches and jailer's safari nets. For example, Witchery witches, once we talk with them, dont despawn anymore.
  • I would also remove the pneumaticraft and re-write the quest line without it... Not sure how but... just to keep the technology out of the pack.
  • I would add JABBA, chests are fine for all the major stuff we get while playing but... the ingots/berries/stone/mob drops ask for barrels!

Saddly, there is a pack in the contest that started a month earlier then all the other packs and was allowed to enter the contest. He received a LOT of attention before the jampack started which helped it to become very notourious and helped a lot to improve the pack before the deadline.
If he was not in the run, I would put my money on your pack!!
Awesome job!
  • You are the first person to have actually completed the pack :D! I'm very happy that you liked it! Have a cookie for your trouble!
chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg
  • The Quest Images were simply because I was trying to get all the quests in a set color-coded. I'll probably go into more depth for those Witchery Quests in Demolition Lovers so that the Life people know what the heck is going on.
  • I will most definitely go deeper into the Spell System, as it is tons of fun :D
  • I'm working on a method to remove Mekanism and AE from the pack, but MFR and TE will probably stay.
  • I'll think about removing Pnuematicraft.
  • I'll be adding JABBA in this update.
  • Crash Landing will have points taken off for being created before the competition, so I think I'm good in that regard ;). I'm actually pretty certain that @parcel31u 's Material Energy^3 is going to win, though.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
  • Crash Landing will have points taken off for being created before the competition, so I think I'm good in that regard ;). I'm actually pretty certain that @parcel31u 's Material Energy^3 is going to win, though.

From the public packs, I played all except Crash Landing(going to try it now) and let me tell you, you should feel more confident. The Jampack is a lot about HQM and in the quest/lore stuff, you excelled everyone else. ME^3 is a mixture of quest system with CTM that in my opinion, is far from perfect. Being a CTM, it needs to give you a lot of free reign so you can obliterate the map and there is no use for the quests except at the beginning, where they help introducing you to the map. They could had made the same pack without HQM and only use the normal trophy room and no one would had noticed the difference! Its an awesome CTM modded map, but I dont think it is a HQM pack material (or maybe I dont feel any special attraction to CTM's. I feel CTM's are awesome to play with friends, alone... they are just good to rage-quit).

Reactions: Salamileg9

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I can safely say, this has been the first map where I'm more concerned about wood than iron. Anyway, I'm nowhere near finished, but this is a really fun map/pack. I've never used BM before, so this was a nice way to get introduced.

Also, I named my world "Broken and defeated". You get a cookie if you know what song that's referencing.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Well, I can safely say, this has been the first map where I'm more concerned about wood than iron. Anyway, I'm nowhere near finished, but this is a really fun map/pack. I've never used BM before, so this was a nice way to get introduced.

Also, I named my world "Broken and defeated". You get a cookie if you know what song that's referencing.
Welcome to the Black Parade
"And though you're broken and defeated,
your weary widow marches"

My cookie!
chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg

Reactions: Salamileg9

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
The new v1.1.0 update has been submitted! Not on the launcher yet, but should be within the next 72 hours.

Running Red v1.1.0!
Okay, it's the first major update, and lots has changed. First thing, I've decided to actually do a changelog for this update. That is ahuge change.

• Added a new island, available in the Headfirst for Halos chain. This will not generate on old worlds, but is not in any way required to progress the story.
  • Add some Minetweaker shit that I can't be bothered to remember
  • Fixed almost all the bugs and errors concerning the quest chain!
  • Re-organized the Headfirst for Halos storyline, making it look nicer
  • Added several quests to Headfirst for Halos
  • Added I'm Looking at Blood
  • Added Spice Of Life (Only HUD elements, no gameplay elements)
  • Added Waila Harvestability
  • Added TiC Tooltips
  • Updated NEI Plugins
  • Extra Utilities generators have been removed, this will generate an ID mismatch on world creation.
  • Created a awesome new trailer!

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The new v1.1.0 update has been submitted! Not on the launcher yet, but should be within the next 72 hours.

Running Red v1.1.0!
Okay, it's the first major update, and lots has changed. First thing, I've decided to actually do a changelog for this update. That is ahuge change.

• Added a new island, available in the Headfirst for Halos chain. This will not generate on old worlds, but is not in any way required to progress the story.
  • Added TiC Tooltips
  • Updated NEI Plugins
  • Extra Utilities generators have been removed, this will generate an ID mismatch on world creation.
DISCLAIMER*
Just as a thing from the PhoenixTeam I would like to say something.

We are so glad that someone (I've honestly forgot who :p) invited you to the team. I hope you know that this has been a wild ride for all of us. We thank you for letting us be a part of the dev process for this pack. We are very thankful you are in the team
disclaimer this is all IMO and I did not consult the PT, but I think it goes for all of us

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
DISCLAIMER*

We are so glad that someone (I've honestly forgot who :p) invited you to the team. I hope you know that this has been a wild ride for all of us. We thank you for letting us be a part of the dev process for this pack. We are very thankful you are in the team
disclaimer this is all IMO and I did not consult the PT, but I think it goes for all of us
*grumbles* correct summoning..... *pokes strikingwolf in the eye and dissapears in a poof of smoke*

Reactions: Padfoote

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
DISCLAIMER*

Not sure if their still here, but
Uh... Thanks? Was not expecting this. I'm glad to be on the Phoenix Team. And I technically invited myself, as I originally applied here. You people interviewed me, accepted me, and then forgot about me for a while. It was actually first on the PhoenixCraft server that I ever used Blood Magic, so it was in no small part thanks to you people that I made this pack.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Uh... Thanks? Was not expecting this. I'm glad to be on the Phoenix Team. And I technically invited myself, as I originally applied here. You people interviewed me, accepted me, and then forgot about me for a while. It was actually first on the PhoenixCraft server that I ever used Blood Magic, so it was in no small part thanks to you people that I made this pack.
I just wanted to say thanks, you started two of our major projects (i.e. PhoenixConfigs and VampireMoney)
yotsuba_00298360.png

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019

Running Red v1.1.0!

• Added TiC Tooltips
  • Updated NEI Plugins
Wait.....You say you added a new island but on the new trailer you show a small island with bees and a tier 4 altar somewhere over the void!

Did I miss something on the previous version?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Wait.....You say you added a new island but on the new trailer you show a small island with bees and a tier 4 altar somewhere over the void!

Did I miss something on the previous version?
Tier Four Altar is just something I put in the trailer. It's not something in there, you just have to build it. :p

The other one though, that is a new Island.

Bubbleo

Jul 29, 2019
Unsure if its me but I am unable to download the 1.0.3 update of running red it will download the pack then at the end will say download failed I have downloaded it as a Administrator User and it is the only pack out of the 10 i have that is doing this currently.

Not sure if this helps but this is what i recieve in console

14:43:29] [DEBUG] in Launcher ModManager$ModManagerWorker.downloadModPack:210: baseLink: privatepacks/RunningRed/1_0_3/

[14:52:13] [INFO] in Launcher DownloadUtils.isValid:302: Local: 0E76B9848F7D1D6DE9BA99EDC1112B32

[14:52:13] [INFO] in Launcher DownloadUtils.isValid:303: Remote: 0D6FA435EC4E892BD908A5D8E03D9931

[14:52:13] [ERROR] in Launcher ErrorUtils.tossError:34: Error downloading modpack!!!

[14:52:17] [DEBUG] in Launcher LaunchFrame.runGameUpdater:838: initializeMods: Failed to Init mods! Aborting to menu.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Unsure if its me but I am unable to download the 1.0.3 update of running red it will download the pack then at the end will say download failed I have downloaded it as a Administrator User and it is the only pack out of the 10 i have that is doing this currently.

Not sure if this helps but this is what i recieve in console
Try downloading it again now - it updated to the new launch style literally a minute after you posted this. Also, in the old versions, restarting the launcher a few times helped.

And anyway,
v1.1.0 is live!

Reactions: Padfoote