[1.6.4] Running Red v1.1.4 [Jam-Packed][Hardcore][Magic][RPG][Good as Crash Landing!]

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I still have no clue how you'd end up with enough materials for JABBA to be necessary. I certainly didn't.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Okay everyone, I fixed the bug with the Infusions. Our culprit was the Filled Socket recipe.

Everything BUT the Filled Socket recipe should work now, which is better than everything not working :p

You can download the fix here, will be included in the next update by default.
Installation is easy, extract it, and just drag and drop the RunningRed folder over wherever you have Running Red installed, and allow it to replace the file. This should fix all your recipe problems.[DOUBLEPOST=1407002665][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, thanks to @Qazplm601 , @trajing , and @Strikingwolf for helping all the people out while I was asleep. Your effort was greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Kill-Joy

KivsNBits

Jul 29, 2019
I think I found a bug, not sure but seems like it to me. On the blood farms quest in the first chapter on part 2 it asks you to craft 4 bone meal. I used the witchery crafting with 8 wood pulp to make 7 bone meal. Instead of counting as 7 bone meal crafted it counted as 1. Does this mean I have to craft bone meal 4 times or just craft 4 bone meal, which is what I did in my case.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I think I found a bug, not sure but seems like it to me. On the blood farms quest in the first chapter on part 2 it asks you to craft 4 bone meal. I used the witchery crafting with 8 wood pulp to make 7 bone meal. Instead of counting as 7 bone meal crafted it counted as 1. Does this mean I have to craft bone meal 4 times or just craft 4 bone meal, which is what I did in my case.
Craft Bone Meal four times.

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
Okay everyone, I fixed the bug with the Infusions. Our culprit was the Filled Socket recipe.

Everything BUT the Filled Socket recipe should work now, which is better than everything not working :p

You can download the fix here, will be included in the next update by default.
Installation is easy, extract it, and just drag and drop the RunningRed folder over wherever you have Running Red installed, and allow it to replace the file. This should fix all your recipe problems.[DOUBLEPOST=1407002665][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, thanks to @Qazplm601 , @trajing , and @Strikingwolf for helping all the people out while I was asleep. Your effort was greatly appreciated!
Wait do we replace the configs or am I just not understanding what to do?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Wait do we replace the configs or am I just not understanding what to do?
Replace main.cfg
You should just be able to drag the RunningRed folder over the folder of the same name wherever you installed it.
If not, you can take the main.cfg in the zip and replace the main.cfg in RunningRed/minecraft/config/minetweaker with it.

Rhenomaster

Jul 29, 2019
I am still not sure how to get a Dagger of Sacrifice for the Quest :D
Trust me. You'll have enough waiting for stuff to complete already. You won't need more.
what do you mean by that ? i dont understand sorry
(im from Austria so english is not my first language)

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I am still not sure how to get a Dagger of Sacrifice for the Quest :D

what do you mean by that ? i dont understand sorry
(im from Austria so english is not my first language)
Provided you installed the fix correctly, it should be ~1000 LP in a Tier 2 Altar

He probably means things such as the oreberries
Then you must not like holding on to 256 stacks of ender pearls. ^^
/me reminds himself to increase the amount of Blood needed for those quests

Rhenomaster

Jul 29, 2019
Provided you installed the fix correctly, it should be ~1000 LP in a Tier 2 Altar

He probably means things such as the oreberries
oh cool i will look at that tomorrow
and the oreberries actually give alot of metal I dont think (hope) that i will need that much :)

Emitt54321

Jul 29, 2019
So, out of curiosity, and yes, this is going to sound a little ridiculous, but is there some mod function I'm not aware of that's limiting the height monsters can spawn at? I had a mob trap 28 blocks from spawn that works just fine, I disabled it and built my normal, gravity trap 26 blocks into the air and not a single mob spawn, not even bats. Help?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
So, out of curiosity, and yes, this is going to sound a little ridiculous, but is there some mod function I'm not aware of that's limiting the height monsters can spawn at? I had a mob trap 28 blocks from spawn that works just fine, I disabled it and built my normal, gravity trap 26 blocks into the air and not a single mob spawn, not even bats. Help?
I don't think there's any mods that restrict the height where things should spawn.

Speaking of grinders, here's mine:
2014-08-02_12.45.43.png

2014-08-02_12.45.49.png

2014-08-02_12.45.54.png

2014-08-02_12.46.16.png

The mobs spawn, and can target you through the microblock. You wait for them to come close, and then whack them with the Sacrificial Dagger. The blood goes into the Altar for later use, and the items fall into the hoppers beneath the Water. Everything is made out of compressed cobblestone/covered in water so that Creeper Explosions can't destroy anything.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
I don't think there's any mods that restrict the height where things should spawn.

Speaking of grinders, here's mine:
2014-08-02_12.45.43.png

2014-08-02_12.45.49.png

2014-08-02_12.45.54.png

2014-08-02_12.46.16.png

The mobs spawn, and can target you through the microblock. You wait for them to come close, and then whack them with the Sacrificial Dagger. The blood goes into the Altar for later use, and the items fall into the hoppers beneath the Water. Everything is made out of compressed cobblestone/covered in water so that Creeper Explosions can't destroy anything.
Ah, so that's how you make an effective mob grinder

I never got the infinite water as one of the blocks went missing, but one of the frustrating things was the creepers getting shot by the skeletons. Then again, I suppose wood isn't the best material for building dark rooms, but I struggle to complete the mob killing quest otherwise.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Ah, so that's how you make an effective mob grinder

I never got the infinite water as one of the blocks went missing, but one of the frustrating things was the creepers getting shot by the skeletons. Then again, I suppose wood isn't the best material for building dark rooms, but I struggle to complete the mob killing quest otherwise.
The mob killing quests are pretty difficult. Probably some of the most difficult parts of the whole modpack. There's a whole quest about getting more Water in the second set.

And I initially tried the same setup with wood. It did not work well :p

(Fun fact: I originally built that for Agrarian Skies)[DOUBLEPOST=1407011572][/DOUBLEPOST]
Was a recipe for Osmium implemented in the updated config? I checked through all the Osmium recipes and couldn't find anything.
It appears not. There will most definitely be a recipe in the update.

Emitt54321

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, found out what the problem with my trap was, didn't pay attention to the height I started at. I built the gravity trap a few blocks from spawn, and normally that's fine, unless you start at height level 51. Re-built and modified the trap 24 blocks from spawn and presto, 256 stacks of ender pearls...soonish. ^^

p.s. : CaptPanda, use a squeezer with a water bottle will get you a second water source fairly quickly.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

aarondroidbryce

Jul 29, 2019
Great Job Gideonseymour. I am loving how everything needs blood even my plants are being watered with it (is this intentional). Also I have found a bug for you. Redstone furnaces and the smeltery only give one nugget per oreberry instead of you two ingot ratio. Anyway thanks
Aaron

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Great Job Gideonseymour. I am loving how everything needs blood even my plants are being watered with it (is this intentional). Also I have found a bug for you. Redstone furnaces and the smeltery only give one nugget per oreberry instead of you two ingot ratio. Anyway thanks
Aaron
Thanks! This is something I wouldn't have caught otherwise and is surprisingly simple to fix! Glad to see that you're enjoying the pack :D