[1.6.4] Running Red v1.1.4 [Jam-Packed][Hardcore][Magic][RPG][Good as Crash Landing!]

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I just let a wither loos in my base :(, luckily he didn't damage any important stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1414528403][/DOUBLEPOST]DERP
3a5.jpg

Reactions: ELgamer plays mc

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how you're gonna breed trees when you only get oak trees :p
As for the bees, I believe a few mods were only added for the colours of some of the things. You may find a quest has a picture of a white bee (for example) but not have anything to do with bees, but if you look at the other quests, all their icons have something white. Gideon chose the icon not because of what the quest was about, but because of the colours :p
Also, I don't actually know if it is possible, with the bees you start with, to get very far. I know you can use scented hives... but... effort :p

You can get the three main trees you need to do it,(Birch, Spruce, oak), but I haven't seen if you can get jungle. That's why I added Gendustry, cause it give you option to breed. At least I think, I have never used it, and have always wanted to play around with it. I am still trying to think of a good design for a Witchery building, so I can finally get more into that mod.

I have a question, a few post back someone was talking about the wither boss, and how to contain it. Does anyone no how well the ritual of containment works? Does it just contain things from side to side, front to back, or does it make a sort of bubble? I was wanting to try that to contain it so I can kill one. Well as soon as I can get the skulls that is.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You can get the three main trees you need to do it,(Birch, Spruce, oak), but I haven't seen if you can get jungle. That's why I added Gendustry, cause it give you option to breed. At least I think, I have never used it, and have always wanted to play around with it. I am still trying to think of a good design for a Witchery building, so I can finally get more into that mod.

I have a question, a few post back someone was talking about the wither boss, and how to contain it. Does anyone no how well the ritual of containment works? Does it just contain things from side to side, front to back, or does it make a sort of bubble? I was wanting to try that to contain it so I can kill one. Well as soon as I can get the skulls that is.
"The Ritual of Containment is a ritual added by Blood Magic. When activated, the ritual will attract mobs in a six block radius centered around the Master Ritual Stone, pulling them to the center of the ritual. The Ritual of Containment is the opposite of the Interdiction Ritual.

The Ritual of Containment costs 2,000 LP to activate, and while active will consume about 10 LP per second to attract mobs in a six block radius. Both passive and hostile mobs will be attracted by the ritual."
So from all sides... But it will be able to break the ritual stones, as the wither is evil ;) If you can get a wand focus:warding (I can't remember if gideon added the thaumcraft stuff yet) then you will need to ward the stuff :p

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I just found that.lol I haven't seen an update yet for Thaumcraft, and AE yet, so I can't go down that rout yet. I guess I can try the containment ritual from Witchery, but like you said, the wither is EVIL, and will just break the chalk/blocks most likely, at least until I can maybe ward them when Thaumcraft is made usable. Looks like its a island out in the middle of nowhere, and my power armor.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I just found that.lol I haven't seen an update yet for Thaumcraft, and AE yet, so I can't go down that rout yet. I guess I can try the containment ritual from Witchery, but like you said, the wither is EVIL, and will just break the chalk/blocks most likely, at least until I can maybe ward them when Thaumcraft is made usable. Looks like its a island out in the middle of nowhere, and my power armor.
Unfortunately I don't know how Gideon was gong to implement the addition of shards for Thaumcraft (and the other stuff too). If I did I'd send you a dirty install (just a script to allow you to get it earlier) but I believe he has decided to take a bit of time to himself (which he deserves), which is why I am replying here more often than I normally would :p
If you want I can get you an "assumed" way to get shards and stuff, but I wouldn't be able to promise it would be balanced in any way, shape or form.

Syco63

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately I don't know how Gideon was gong to implement the addition of shards for Thaumcraft (and the other stuff too). If I did I'd send you a dirty install (just a script to allow you to get it earlier) but I believe he has decided to take a bit of time to himself (which he deserves), which is why I am replying here more often than I normally would :p
If you want I can get you an "assumed" way to get shards and stuff, but I wouldn't be able to promise it would be balanced in any way, shape or form.

I made a config file that adds thaumcraft to running red, if you want to see the notes they are on page 44. Gideon will be adding it to the pack. when? IDK, but sometime in the upcoming future

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I made a config file that adds thaumcraft to running red, if you want to see the notes they are on page 44. Gideon will be adding it to the pack. when? IDK, but sometime in the upcoming future
Somehow I feel like those would be a little expensive for just 1 shard, and I think even gideon knows that. I'd tweak the shard output so it'd be something like:
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(item.ItemShard:1 * 4, [item.netherquartz, item.netherquartz, item.weakBindingAgen, item.incendium, item.incendium], 3, 1000);

because shards aren't usually hard to find, and incendium is a little annoying to make (same with the other stuff).

Then the saplings, as you will need these, I wouldn't know a great recipe for...

But aura nodes (crafting aura nodes is OP, but when Gideon never made the map intentionally for Thaumcraft it means there isn't an abundance of nodes) so I usually do a Silverwood log in a tier 5 blood altar, with around 50k LP

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Somehow I feel like those would be a little expensive for just 1 shard, and I think even gideon knows that. I'd tweak the shard output so it'd be something like:
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(item.ItemShard:1 * 4, [item.netherquartz, item.netherquartz, item.weakBindingAgen, item.incendium, item.incendium], 3, 1000);

because shards aren't usually hard to find, and incendium is a little annoying to make (same with the other stuff).

Then the saplings, as you will need these, I wouldn't know a great recipe for...

But aura nodes (crafting aura nodes is OP, but when Gideon never made the map intentionally for Thaumcraft it means there isn't an abundance of nodes) so I usually do a Silverwood log in a tier 5 blood altar, with around 50k LP

That sound good. I'm glad he is taking some time for himself. If you don't mind, that would be great(for the way to get shards and stuff) Thank you:)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
That sound good. I'm glad he is taking some time for himself. If you don't mind, that would be great(for the way to get shards and stuff) Thank you:)
Alright, I'll get on that tomorrow then :)
Just tell me if there is something I am forgetting:
Shards, Silverwood/Greatwood sapling, nodes(?), quicksilver

Syco63

Jul 29, 2019

If you scroll down further I have a complete list of changes at the bottom. And you are probably right on making the recipe craft multiple shards. I just didn't know how, was thinking of making it one quartz and one elemental for one shard. Gideon will be adding a quest to acquire Nodes, however, I treated nodes as a luxury as you get your vis from mobs.

Acually, If I hadn't derped and forget to set pastebin up right Gideon would have TC running sooner

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I think that's in I think. Could you do a recipe for nether quartz? I no Gideon is going to make it so we can use AE, but it would be nice to be able to get it for a small number of things like Daylight sensors, and more importantly some of the power armor needs it for components, Oh, and comparators use it.

If not, I am happy with the Thaumcraft stuff, and Thank you again.[DOUBLEPOST=1414535841][/DOUBLEPOST]I was thinking about the silver wood sapling could be something like an oak wood sapling with 1 or more of each shard in the alchemist set?

Syco63

Jul 29, 2019
I think that's in I think. Could you do a recipe for nether quartz? I no Gideon is going to make it so we can use AE, but it would be nice to be able to get it for a small number of things like Daylight sensors, and more importantly some of the power armor needs it for components, Oh, and comparators use it.

If not, I am happy with the Thaumcraft stuff, and Thank you again.[DOUBLEPOST=1414535841][/DOUBLEPOST]I was thinking about the silver wood sapling could be something like an oak wood sapling with 1 or more of each shard in the alchemist set?

Nether quartz is needed to make all the shards so Nether quartz is already in. Certiz quartz isn't however, so AE is still off.[DOUBLEPOST=1414536231][/DOUBLEPOST]
So the time has finally come. I have (for the most part) finished adding Thaumcraft to Running Red. As most of this was done in less then a week, I did no real play time, mostly checking if the recipe made it in and I could make it.

These are the current recipes listed in the game as of now.

Shards are still the original recipe, 2 blood magic elemental essence, 2 quartz, 1 binding agent in an alchemical chemistry set
Quicksilver is 1 water bucket, 2 silver, and 2 Crepitous

Cinderpearls are 1 Blazerod in a blood altar, Shimmerleaf is 1 quicksilver in a blood altar, and mana beans are 1 cocoa bean in a blood altar, Quartz has been added as 1 redstone in a blood altar, and Amber is 1 slimeball in a blood altar.

Greatwood saplings are 1 Air, 1 Entropy, 1 Fire, 1 Ordo, 3 cinderpearl, 1 oak sapling, and 1 magicians bloodorb
Silverwood saplings are 1 Air, 1 Entropy, 1 Fire, 1 Ordo, 3 shimmerleaf, 1 Greatwood sapling and 1 magicians bloodorb

You may have noticed that aura nodes are not craftable, and actually didn't plan to be craftable until late game needing nether stars. So how do you get Vis for your wand? Killing mobs drops these little orbs that give a small amount of Vis to your wand when picked up. Ordo is the hardest to get as far as I can tell, needing witches, iron golems, Ents, mandrakes, or coven witches to get ordo to drop, the others I won't say.

Now for some lore thoughts as I was making the recipes.

With the redstone to quartz recipe, my thought was you are crystallizing the blood in the redstone, doing this reduces it's conductivity, but by binding elemental fragments to the crystallized blood forums the elemental shards.
With the quicksilver, the Crepitous is desolving the silver in the water forming a liquid metal.
Cinderpearls are made by adding just enough life to a blaze rod to form a flower without forming a blaze, and the shimmerleaf is being brought to life by blood as well.
The saplings you are taking the elemental crystals and forming them into magic infusing the sapling with said magic. The silverwood takes a bit more, needing the greatwood as a base.

Amber and mana beans I didn't have any real lore behind them.

I never did figure out how to add the recipes to there own cfg file, so they are all sitting in altar.cfg inside minetweak. I could send you that file, or move the normal shaped crafting into bloodmagic and the alchemy stuff in a new cfg called Bloodalchemy.cfg, up to you Gideon

I will just paste my post from page 44 just so it will be here for reference

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

Silverwood will require infusion crafting ;) Greatwood will use the alchemical set :)
Nether quartz is needed to make all the shards so Nether quartz is already in. Certiz quartz isn't however, so AE is still off.[DOUBLEPOST=1414536231][/DOUBLEPOST]

I will just paste my post from page 44 just so it will be here for reference
Nether quartz isn't already in the pack... Unless you use bees.. I'll add ways to make both :)

Syco63

Jul 29, 2019

Rehab0holic, if you wish, I can send you the TC file so you can test run it your self. Aura nodes are not in yet. That will be an HQM thing because I belive azanor made it so you can't craft them at all (I had everything correct but they still would not spawn) and some of these recipes might change when Gideon releases it to the public, probably adding multiple shard output.

And Nether quartz is in the TC addition I made. I am a bit scatter brained today, but it's redstone in a blood altar for 1K LP I belive.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Rehab0holic, if you wish, I can send you the TC file so you can test run it your self. Aura nodes are not in yet. That will be an HQM thing because I belive azanor made it so you can't craft them at all (I had everything correct but they still would not spawn) and some of these recipes might change when Gideon releases it to the public, probably adding multiple shard output.

And Nether quartz is in the TC addition I made. I am a bit scatter brained today, but it's redstone in a blood altar for 1K LP I belive.

Sure, Thank you.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I've not figured out how to add research to the Thaumonomicon in 1.6.4, so for now this is all I got to work.
This also adds nether quartz, 'cus why not.
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(<2609>, [<6>,<17323>,<17323>,<17342:2>],3,4000);
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(<18363:1> * 4, [<406>,<406>,<17326>,<17317>,<17317>],2,1000);
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(<18363> * 4, [<406>,<406>,<17326>,<17320>,<17320>],2,1000);
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(<18363:2> * 4, [<406>,<406>,<17326>,<17324>,<17324>],2,1000);
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(<18363:3> * 4, [<406>,<406>,<17326>,<17323>,<17323>],2,1000);
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(<18363:4> * 4, [<406>,<406>,<17326>,<17318>,<17318>],2,1000);
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(<18363:5> * 4, [<406>,<406>,<17326>,<17325>,<17325>],2,1000);
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(<19000> * 4, [<10876>,<326>,<326>,<326>,<326>], 2, 2000);
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(<153> * 4, [<19000>,<88>,<88>,<87>,<87>], 3, 1000);
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(<18362:5> * 3, [<18362:3>,<17326>,<17289>,<17289>,<17289>], 3, 500);

To add this, go into Running Red's config folder, then minetweaker, then open up anything but the "main.cfg" (I don't understand the config versions of stuff) :p
For the AE stuff you will just need to add this... for now. Until I can find the energy to add new recipes for more blood oriented stuff:

mods.bloodmagic.altar.addRecipe(<406>, <4362:6>, 1, 100, 1, 1);

what do you have to do for the quest: cemetery drive?
You got a teleporter in your previous quest. Use it. Follow the path to the end portal. Go to the end. And then die.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Thank You Jordsta & Syco:)

Does anyone have experience with Ex-Nilo's scented hives? I know they have to be place in biomes to get the bees you want(Plains-meadows bees), but i placed 7 in Forest, Foresthills, Magic, and Taiga Biomes), I found a plains MILES away, but haven't built a platform yet for it.. I need an angle block first. My question is what is the % for getting it to change? Out of 7 scented hive place 15 time each, NOT one change to a forestry hive, they just keep turning back, and I have to place them back in the Altar:(

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Thank You Jordsta & Syco:)

Does anyone have experience with Ex-Nilo's scented hives? I know they have to be place in biomes to get the bees you want(Plains-meadows bees), but i placed 7 in Forest, Foresthills, Magic, and Taiga Biomes), I found a plains MILES away, but haven't built a platform yet for it.. I need an angle block first. My question is what is the % for getting it to change? Out of 7 scented hive place 15 time each, NOT one change to a forestry hive, they just keep turning back, and I have to place them back in the Altar:(
You need to have a "plant" around it...
The only one I remember off the top of my head is the wintry hive. So for that you need to be in a snow biome, with snow on the ground, surrounding the hive (not snow blocks)
The full list:
Meadows:
Must be near flowers which are registered with Forestry.
Requires a PLAINS type biome.

Forest:
Must be near leaves, and lots of them.
Requires a FOREST type biome.

Modest:
Must be near Cactus.
Requires a DESERT type biome.

Tropical:
Must be near vines.
Requires a JUNGLE type biome.

Wintry:
Must be near lots of snow (natural snow, not the blocks that you make out of snowballs).
Requires a FROZEN type biome.

Marshy:
Must be near mushrooms (brown or red will work).
Requires a SWAMP type biome.

Ender:
Must be near end stone, and lots of it.
Requires a END type biome.
Is naturally more difficult to lure than the other species.

What about Extra Bees?
Spoiler (click to hide)
Yes, you can also get the Extra Bees.

Water:
Must be near lots of water.
Must be exactly ONE block below the surface of the water.
Must be near lily pads.
Requires a WATER type biome.

Rocky:
Must NOT be allowed to see the sky.
Must be near smooth stone, and lots of it.
Can spawn in ANY biome.

Embittered:
Must be near lots of netherrack.
Must be near nether wart.
Requires a NETHER type biome.

What about Magic Bees?
Spoiler (click to hide)
Aaaand, you can also get the Magic Bees.

Mystical:
Must be near gourd stalks.
Requires a FOREST type biome.

Sorcerous:
Requires a DESERT type biome.

Unusual:
Requires a JUNGLE type biome.

Attuned:
Must be near the void below the world.
Requires a MOUNTAIN type biome

Oblivion:
Must be near lots of end stone.
Requires a END type biome.

Infernal:
Must be near the void below the world.
Must be near lots of netherrack.
Requires a NETHER type biome.
I am not 100% sure on whether gideon put magical bees and extra bees in the pack or not though :p