[1.6.4] Running Red v1.1.4 [Jam-Packed][Hardcore][Magic][RPG][Good as Crash Landing!]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

TROOPERscrat

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all

just a quick question if it has been answered please can you point me in the right direction . . . . . . . . . the question is Vampires wont hurt you ( a deal with the devil ) how to I get a villager its driving me crazy . . . . . .

thanks in advance

Nova Sol

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any easy way to get wispy cotton in the spirit world?
Depends. If it's daytime you should find it dotting the landscape. It grows on plants, in case you're unfamiliar with Witchery, and breaking said plants when it's night-time will result in Disturbed Cotton instead.

Yeokrast

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all

just a quick question if it has been answered please can you point me in the right direction . . . . . . . . . the question is Vampires wont hurt you ( a deal with the devil ) how to I get a villager its driving me crazy . . . . . .

thanks in advance
You don't need a villager. I believe you can summon with a charged attuned stone.

If you want to use a villager, I suggest brewing a weak potion and adding gunpowder, hitting an infected zombie villager and then giving them a golden apple to make then into a villager. Put then into a reusable safari net.

This is what I did and set up an auto-spawner with a villager in a reusable safari net. I got the mob essence from a dark room/grinder setup. Well of Suffering and tada.
(You can also set up a trading Post nearby)

TROOPERscrat

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for the reply "yeokrast" will try both methods tonight always thought you needed a villager . . . . . thanks again

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
This is what I did and set up an auto-spawner with a villager in a reusable safari net. I got the mob essence from a dark room/grinder setup. Well of Suffering and tada.
(You can also set up a trading Post nearby)
You can also craft a dozen of jailbreaker safari nets and catch a few witches in the other island and use them in the well of suffering. Jailbreak prevents them from despawning and they naturally regen so no need to spawn mobs and get mob essence and all the energy required to do it. (I'm a puritan in Running Red, for me, there shouldn't be any tech in the pack. By tech I mean machines and energy. Safari nets are fair usage :p)

And if all those reasons are not enough, here is the better one: They suffer in silence!!! No noise from mobs/villagers dying in my "place of cult" :)

Indalor1

Jul 29, 2019
I tried setting up a server for myself and a couple friends but logging in lands everyone in mid air and instant death. How do I reset spawn spot to spawn correctly?[DOUBLEPOST=1413939191][/DOUBLEPOST]NM, I figured it out. Just needed to start a single player game then quit and copy and paste the save from the single player to the world save for the server.

Last edited:

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way of getting wispy cotton without going to the spirit world
Nope. It is a handy place anyways. I got really sidetracked an started building a large base there (got randomly inspired). It is very handy by being day 24-7 unless you are having a nightmare, in which case you will not be there very long anyways.

Anyhow @Gideonseymour, we need access to certus and nether quartz for AE. Just a thought for the altar recipes: netherbrick => block of nether quartz, block of nether quartz => block of certus.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Is there any way of getting wispy cotton without going to the spirit world
I'm fairly certain there's a Blood Altar recipe. My memory may be faulty, though.
Nope. It is a handy place anyways. I got really sidetracked an started building a large base there (got randomly inspired). It is very handy by being day 24-7 unless you are having a nightmare, in which case you will not be there very long anyways.

Anyhow @Gideonseymour, we need access to certus and nether quartz for AE. Just a thought for the altar recipes: netherbrick => block of nether quartz, block of nether quartz => block of certus.
Yes, I'm working on something like that.

Syco63

Jul 29, 2019
I will but in here for a moment. When I made Thaumcraft compatible, I added a Redstone to Nether quartz recipe for shards.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly certain there's a Blood Altar recipe. My memory may be faulty, though.

Yes, I'm working on something like that.

I just wanted to say Thank you for the great pack:) I am glad to see you are still working on it, and I hope you are still having fun with it:) I can see this pack giving me a GREAT many hours of fun.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
I mean for the quest where you need a wispy cotton
Do you have some kind of grudge against the Spirit World? I do not understand the issue. You go there, you find it, you're done. There is no reason to make the quest any easier by making a recipe as that makes the quest pointless.

ELgamer plays mc

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have some kind of grudge against the Spirit World? I do not understand the issue. You go there, you find it, you're done. There is no reason to make the quest any easier by making a recipe as that makes the quest pointless.
The problem is that I don't know how to get there
I looked on the wiki but it doesn't help

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is that I don't know how to get there
I looked on the wiki but it doesn't help
Cotton? Well... if you have done the dreamweaver quest, put the dreamweaver up, and go to the spirit world by eating a witchery apple, or drinking a potion of sleeping (I can't remember the name, you get them as a quest reward from the dreamweaver)
If you haven't done that quest, look at the recipe for putting wool in a blood altar