[1.6.4] Running Red v1.1.4 [Jam-Packed][Hardcore][Magic][RPG][Good as Crash Landing!]

Frost01

Jul 29, 2019
How does one make sand to create redstone? I'm probably just missing something, but hammers don't appear to be craftable and a crusher or pulveriser needs redstone to create. You can create sand using an alchemical set thing, but that needs a blaze rod, and since barrels aren't craftable you can't make the dolls. Do I need to go into the nether and find some blazes?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
How does one make sand to create redstone? I'm probably just missing something, but hammers don't appear to be craftable and a crusher or pulveriser needs redstone to create. You can create sand using an alchemical set thing, but that needs a blaze rod, and since barrels aren't craftable you can't make the dolls. Do I need to go into the nether and find some blazes?
There is a quest early on that provides the set as a reward

Reactions: Kill-Joy

Frost01

Jul 29, 2019
There is a quest early on that provides the set as a reward

Odd, for some reason I could do the redstone quest before I got the alchemical stand.

In addition, mekanism's metallurgic infuser crashed my game and made my world unplayable (the world exists in the saves folder but does not show up in the save select screen) when I tried to open it. There was no bug report as it crashed instantly, however it can be recreated by putting power into a metallurgic infuser, moving it with a wrench then trying to open it again. It's probably a problem with mekansim but I thought I should let you know.

SamRaven2

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to say thank you for the absolutely amazing modpack/map. I'm having a lot of fun with it and have been making a let's play of it on Youtube if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Odd, for some reason I could do the redstone quest before I got the alchemical stand.

In addition, mekanism's metallurgic infuser crashed my game and made my world unplayable (the world exists in the saves folder but does not show up in the save select screen) when I tried to open it. There was no bug report as it crashed instantly, however it can be recreated by putting power into a metallurgic infuser, moving it with a wrench then trying to open it again. It's probably a problem with mekansim but I thought I should let you know.
I'm looking into a fix for this. Feel free to open up your world in MCedit and remove the Metallurgic Infuser

Maximized

Jul 29, 2019
Love the map. :) But the lack of jabba barrels is... well, challenging with all of those chests lying around. :D

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Just putting this out there, but if you are adding Thaumcraft support and quests in the next update you might want to consider a few things:
  • Changing the research to easy mode (best for a skyblock)
  • Making a blood altar recipe for the thaumometer to get started early (glass + blood = magic lens, or something similar)
  • Adding Forbidden Magic for TC-Blood magic cross over (blood wand)
Food for thought.

ELgamer plays mc

Jul 29, 2019
What is the easiest way to get wispy cotten, because if you don't do the wichery line it is nearly impossible to get it[DOUBLEPOST=1413718351][/DOUBLEPOST]Or is it just that the modpack hasen't been updated yet, I may just be at the end for now?

Last edited:

Yeokrast

Jul 29, 2019
If you need wispy cotton for a Dreamweaver, use wool in a blood altar. Much quicker and easier.

bornthuggin804

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know what im doing wrong. I am trying to complete the Basis of Life quest but i have crafted 3 water sigils and it wont recognize it. I dont know what to do.

And it wont let me submit the Rowan Door Key.

Yeokrast

Jul 29, 2019
Rowan Door Key you get from completing the past quest (Witchery or Pneumaticraft chains). Crafting a Rowan Door and getting a key from that does not work as it has metadata values. I believe GideonSeymour started that it is acceptable to '/hqm edit' past the Water Sigil quest if you have created it as it is a bug.

Nova Sol

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice modpack, loving the focus on Blood Magic. Two suggestions, however. One, would it make sense if you removed the crafting of higher levels of Portable Tanks? And two, can you PLEASE make turning saplings into slimeballs a bit lot bit faster? Not cheaper, just faster.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice modpack, loving the focus on Blood Magic. Two suggestions, however. One, would it make sense if you removed the crafting of higher levels of Portable Tanks? And two, can you PLEASE make turning saplings into slimeballs a bit lot bit faster? Not cheaper, just faster.
Unless you are automating slimeball crafting via the blood altar, you don't need to do it more than once. Craft a PnematicCraft slime plant seed, which when fully grown spawns slimes.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I ran across this bug/crash today. Hope you get it fixed because I really like the mod pack and it looks like Mekanism is big part of the pack.
I'm working on it. It's a problem because it's a default Mekanism crash, and I'm using the latest version for 1.6.4. I'm looking in to what I can do.
Very nice modpack, loving the focus on Blood Magic. Two suggestions, however. One, would it make sense if you removed the crafting of higher levels of Portable Tanks?
Yeah, I'm cleaning up all the extra crafting recipes I left lying around for no reason.
And two, can you PLEASE make turning saplings into slimeballs a bit lot bit faster? Not cheaper, just faster.
Sure. I'm speeding up a lot of the higher cost recipes.

Reactions: Kill-Joy