1.6.4 Modpack releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, and I thought we were doing pretty good this time around.
Am hoping because right now it looks broken horribly. Even had a friend who was miraculously able to DL it, send it to me, and still having launcher issues. The lack of a status update on twitter, or anything official on here is slightly annoying.
Maybe try reading the stickies in the support section? I've been posting there all night, and on my personal twitter, and the ftb support twitter.

Zorack117

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to get into the modpack testing? So I can test if it actually works like if anything that might crash the user from playing maybe I can test some of those modpacks.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to get into the modpack testing? So I can test if it actually works like if anything that might crash the user from playing maybe I can test some of those modpacks.

The test team is currently filled and we have a backup list of about 50 people if any of them drop out.

john p kossman

Jul 29, 2019
Is 4 to 6 fps normal on 1.6.4 packs? I've been playing vanilla 1.7 and hexxit on technic with good frame rates and no optifine ,while waiting for the new packs.I tried to install optifine with no luck in direwolf20 (I saw the posts saying it wouldn't work but I can't play it like it is) I have a pentium e6700 3.2gh dual core with 4 gb ram and 1 tb drive .Optifine fixed my fps trouble with ftb in the older packs. is there any thing else I can do ,or just give up on ftb.
I see people upset all the time because thing are not posted in the right place but I don;t have a clue where the right place is
Sorry if this isn't the place for this, I'll re post it somewhere else just tell me where.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Is 4 to 6 fps normal on 1.6.4 packs? I've been playing vanilla 1.7 and hexxit on technic with good frame rates and no optifine ,while waiting for the new packs.I tried to install optifine with no luck in direwolf20 (I saw the posts saying it wouldn't work but I can't play it like it is) I have a pentium e6700 3.2gh dual core with 4 gb ram and 1 tb drive .Optifine fixed my fps trouble with ftb in the older packs. is there any thing else I can do ,or just give up on ftb.
I see people upset all the time because thing are not posted in the right place but I don;t have a clue where the right place is
Sorry if this isn't the place for this, I'll re post it somewhere else just tell me where.

No that is not normal. The tech support forums may be able to help you more.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Well, for me it's next to normal, but that's just because I have a fail computer. :p (Also, it's not 4-6 fps all the time, it just randomly decides to oscilate between 26-28 fps and 0.5-1 fps every couple of minutes.)

Also shameless theatre reference for the win. :p

jmarler

Jul 29, 2019
While searching through the server.log for startup errors with Direwolf20 1.6.4 1.0.0, I LOL'd when I found this:

Code:
2013-12-10 19:43:31 [INFO] Ore: greggy_greg_do_please_kindly_stuff_a_sock_in_it

tunny31

Jul 29, 2019
Hey umm can anyone help me? When I download Horizons and Direwolf20 1.6.4 packs the simply don't work and don't leave the launcher screen? Here is the pastebin - http://pastebin.com/kqDgkHAz.
Also when downloading both and click edit mod pack, all of the mods under the mods tab are there but the JarMods and the CoreMods are empty? Should they have something or am i missing something? Please Help :)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
i can't not load the new direwolf20 keeps crashing. http://pastebin.com/Hm8Zzztt
Please do not post in this thread asking for help.
Please read this thread: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-launcher-update-mod-packs-what-you-need-to-know.35414/
Then post in Tech Support for help.
Please keep this in mind when posting for tech help: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/what-support-cant-the-help-desk-tech-support-offer.27862/

I'd have no problem with it if mods started dealing out warnings/banns for people who don't read the topics or abide the rules

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'd have no problem with it if mods started dealing out warnings/banns for people who don't read the topics or abide the rules
Hehe might be a bit empty forum then. 78k members, "Read before posting" stickies read less than 3k times :p

nick1wasd

Jul 29, 2019
Really excited for the upcoming packs!
Also I watched some testers while they're testing those coming packs and it looks nice :D
I also have a question, does the packs getting on the current launcher means the new launcher is not coming or is it still WIP ?
until it comes out, it will always be WIP :)[DOUBLEPOST=1386824274][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can we send requests for 1.6.4 modpacks to be hosted on the FTB Launcher as a private modpack?
i believe you will be able to make your own private packs, then post it to the launcher (after the new launcher comes out and they implement that feature)

nick1wasd

Jul 29, 2019
SWEET!! 1.6 stuff without the new launcher, THANK YOU SLOWPOKE! i can't wait for the new launcher, but at least it's nice to be able to play 1.6 with out my game crying (i set up my own modded 1.6 world in the vanilla launcher and it crashed every 7 minutes lol) yay :D

Termt

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to thank all of the people on the FTB team for spending your time making it possible for people to easily have fun with a ton of mods.

Reactions: Jadedcat

Rongmario

Jul 29, 2019
While searching through the server.log for startup errors with Direwolf20 1.6.4 1.0.0, I LOL'd when I found this:

Code:
2013-12-10 19:43:31 [INFO] Ore: greggy_greg_do_please_kindly_stuff_a_sock_in_it
Yeah, thats from Factorization XD

TigerXtrm

Jul 29, 2019
So from what I understand a 1.6.4 version of FTB Unleashed will be released in a few weeks? I assume current 1.5.2 (1.1.3) worlds will not be compatible so an upgrade is not possible, right? Would that mean that starting a brand new FTB Unleashed server right now would be a bad idea and a waste of time since the world will have to be reset anyway if you want to run on the newest version?

(Excuse my ignorance, I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the different versions, different modpacks and so forth. Just trying to understand :) )

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So from what I understand a 1.6.4 version of FTB Unleashed will be released in a few weeks? I assume current 1.5.2 (1.1.3) worlds will not be compatible so an upgrade is not possible, right? Would that mean that starting a brand new FTB Unleashed server right now would be a bad idea and a waste of time since the world will have to be reset anyway if you want to run on the newest version?

(Excuse my ignorance, I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the different versions, different modpacks and so forth. Just trying to understand :) )
No old worlds will not be compatible, and yes would be a bad idea to make a new 1.5.2 world right now I think if you plan on playing the new 1.6 pack. Unless you don't mind starting over again soon :p

Reactions: TigerXtrm

TigerXtrm

Jul 29, 2019
No old worlds will not be compatible, and yes would be a bad idea to make a new 1.5.2 world right now I think if you plan on playing the new 1.6 pack. Unless you don't mind starting over again soon :p
Alright, that's what I needed to know. Guess I'll postpone those plans for now then. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.