[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Hello here, i really enjoy the idea of the pack but i'm not a player who like being hardcore, i like to take my time and doing alot of mistake that make me die even if i dont do it on purpore i like my soft playing style. So i started a new world with this pack but i always die to early to enjoy it (before i used to play it in peacefull because it was easy enough to not die but now i wanted to play for real with monster, food/water dependencie but as i said i dont want to stress myself to play hardcore thing so i was wondering is there is any way to remove the "you die = world deleted" thing ?

Thanks in advance (sorry if my english is not perfect >_<)
Make use of the sync and a chunkloader, and it can -almost- be like playing on peaceful if you stay holed up in the base. I should know, I play peaceful a lot. :p

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
To turn off hardcore mode:

You'll need to install a program called NBTExplorer

Create New World
Launch Crashlanding using the Feed the Beast Launcher
Create a new world
Exit the world
Close Minecraft
Open your level with NBTExplorer
Open NBTExplorer
Click "File" > "Open Folder"
Navigate to ../CrashLanding/minecraft/saves/YOU_WORLD_NAME_HERE
Click "Ok"​

Edit NBT
Find "level.dat" in the 'tree' that appears, and expand it
Find "data" under the level.dat 'branch'
Double click "Hardcore"
Change its value to 0
Click ok
Click "File" > "Save"
Close NBTExplorer​

Restart Crashlanding and the new world should be plain survival
Disclaimer: I do not support turning hardcore mode off with this map as it adds to the ambiance this map tries to convey. With that said, I can understand why an individual would like a 'normal survive' experience and as such I've given details how to make it so.

Last edited:

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Couldn't you also just disable the lockdown mod? o.o

Or better yet just change the lockdown cfg:
####################
# world creation
####################

"world creation" {
B:"Disable Game Mode Button"=true
B:"Disable More World Options Button"=true
B:"Disable Regular World Creation"=true
B:"Disable World Creation"=false
S:"World Template Directory"=template
}

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Couldn't you also just disable the lockdown mod? o.o

Or better yet just change the lockdown cfg:
####################
# world creation
####################

"world creation" {
S:"World Template Directory"=template
}
Didn't know which mod was forcing the hardcore mode. When I made my creative world I just used NBTExplorer to set it as needed, and just recited from memory how I did it. With that said, good to know.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend world backups instead of disabling hardcore. The latter lets you starve to death repeatedly with no long-term consequences, the former makes Minecraft work like most games, where dying makes you restore a save.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend world backups instead of disabling hardcore. The latter lets you starve to death repeatedly with no long-term consequences, the former makes Minecraft work like most games, where dying makes you restore a save.
I agree but that can be cumbersome to do often. I do not recommend altering the gamemode but I understand the want for 'normal survival' and as such presented a way to get it while still leaving the modpack intact as presented.

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Make use of the sync and a chunkloader, and it can -almost- be like playing on peaceful if you stay holed up in the base. I should know, I play peaceful a lot. :p
If he can get as far as powering a shell constructor, and if he can wait around safely (i.e. no zombies/creepers in the base camping the shell constructor) while a Survivalist Generator very very slowly builds a clone. I don't understand why people are so precious about stopping other people from playing the way they want to play.
On the other hand, there's not much difference between your shell constructor being spawn camped and your bed being spawn camped...

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
So after discussions, there's a few ways 'around' the hardcore mode and I figured to put them all in one place since this topic comes up alot. This way we can link to one post instead of having this discussion once a week. Even though this list exists within the crashlanding thread all but the first is felt to go against the spirit of the map:

Method #1: The "Easy Route" Quest
In the quest book there is a quest asking if you want the hard route or the easy route. Choosing the easy route gives you a Sync Shell and an energy cell with enough energy to get your first 'clone' built. Do as such, and as soon as possible get a survivist generator to power it instead of the energy cell.
This method is intended within the gameplay and as such the only method within this list the community stands behind

Method #2: Backups.
Use a mod such as AromaBackups to create backups. This would allow you to continue playing after a death by restoring the most recent backup but has the side effect of losing any progress made since the last backup.
This method is frowned upon by the community though is acceptable as it's felt to be more of a 'rewind' instead of a 'continue'

Method #3: Spawn Sync Storage
Spawn in, and give a redstone signal to, Sync Storage. You'll have to use the Sync Constructor to create the clones but can move said clones to storage cells once completed by stepping into an empty SYNC STORAGE UNIT, selecting the newly created clone, and walking it to an empty sync storage unit.
This method is more than frowned upon due to the spawning in of items.

Method #4.1: Disable hardcore per world via NBT editing
You can disable a prevously made world's hardcore mode via editing the level.dat NBT value using a program called NBTExplorer:
Close minecraft

Opening your level with NBTExplorer
Open NBTExplorer
Click "Ok"​
Edit NBT
Double click "Hardcore"
Change its value to 0
Click ok
Click "File" > "Save"
Close NBTExplorer​
This method is in no way accepted by the community

Method #4.2: Disabling Hardcore via config files
You can disable the configuration option that prevents you from choosing the world gamemode type thus allowing you to choose normal survival:
0: Close Minecraft
1: Open ../crashlanding/minecraft/config/lockdown.cfg
2: find "world_creation {"
3: Replace that block with:
"world creation" {
S:"World Template Directory"=template​
}​

Notes:
There was a mention of using "/hqm lives add X". This does not work as hqm is only used for its questing features; its "Hardcore Lives" system isn't enabled​

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottieC

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
If he can get as far as powering a shell constructor, and if he can wait around safely (i.e. no zombies/creepers in the base camping the shell constructor) while a Survivalist Generator very very slowly builds a clone. I don't understand why people are so precious about stopping other people from playing the way they want to play.
On the other hand, there's not much difference between your shell constructor being spawn camped and your bed being spawn camped...
Personally, I could care not a bit about how another person plays. It's their game and if they want to play on peaceful, then it's fine. If they want to play on hardcore, that's fine too. Personally, I cheat like hell (aka back-up) sometimes when I try to figure out how to do something new on this pack since I don't want to turn it on peaceful or make a test world - because I'll probably forget how to turn it back to hardcore.:D

I just wanted to point out to the OP about the sync option because he/she was saying that when they die, the world ends because it's on hardcore. But it doesn't because of the in-game sync option and I wanted him/her to know that it was available and a way to avoid the hardcore ending.

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Finally, Someone Like me! I could go on for HOURS about people who gripe about Cheating/Glitching/Exporting/, or things are OP! I'm with you :) Its your game, play it how you want to play. I will just leave it there.lol before I get started. Happy gaming.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Uhh, was /hqm add lives changed in a recent version? Cause that's what I do, and it works fine...
I'm not sure about versioning but I tested it with 1.1.2.1 and when I tried "/hqm lives add" and its variants I got the error message "HQM hardcore mode not enabled"

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I'm not sure about versioning but I tested it with 1.1.2.1 and when I tried "/hqm lives add" and its variants I got the error message "HQM hardcore mode not enabled"

It depends on how you enabled it at the beginning of the map whether you can use it or not.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
It depends on how you enabled it at the beginning of the map whether you can use it or not.
That's what I was thinking. I know the book says to use "/hqm quest" but I know in the chat box it says to use "/hqm enable"

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
So after discussions, there's a few ways 'around' the hardcore mode and I figured to put them all in one place since this topic comes up alot. This way we can link to one post instead of having this discussion once a week. Even though this list exists within the crashlanding thread all but the first is felt to go against the spirit of the map:

Method #1: The "Easy Route" Quest
In the quest book there is a quest asking if you want the hard route or the easy route. Choosing the easy route gives you a Sync Shell and an energy cell with enough energy to get your first 'clone' built. Do as such, and as soon as possible get a survivist generator to power it instead of the energy cell.
This method is intended within the gameplay and as such the only method within this list the community stands behind

Method #2: Backups.
Use a mod such as AromaBackups to create backups. This would allow you to continue playing after a death by restoring the most recent backup but has the side effect of losing any progress made since the last backup.
This method is frowned upon by the community though is acceptable as it's felt to be more of a 'rewind' instead of a 'continue'

Method #3: Spawn Sync Storage
Spawn in, and give a redstone signal to, Sync Storage. You'll have to use the Sync Constructor to create the clones but can move said clones to storage cells once completed by stepping into an empty SYNC STORAGE UNIT, selecting the newly created clone, and walking it to an empty sync storage unit.
This method is more than frowned upon due to the spawning in of items.

Method #4.1: Disable hardcore per world via NBT editing
You can disable a prevously made world's hardcore mode via editing the level.dat NBT value using a program called NBTExplorer:
Close minecraft

Opening your level with NBTExplorer
Open NBTExplorer
Click "Ok"​
Edit NBT
Double click "Hardcore"
Change its value to 0
Click ok
Click "File" > "Save"
Close NBTExplorer​

Method #4.2: Disabling Hardcore via config files
You can disable the configuration option that prevents you from choosing the world gamemode type thus allowing you to choose normal survival:
0: Close Minecraft
1: Open ../crashlanding/minecraft/config/lockdown.cfg
2: find "world_creation {"
3: Replace that block with:
"world creation" {
S:"World Template Directory"=template​
}​
Notes:
There was a mention of using "/hqm lives add X". This does not work as hqm is only used for its questing features; its "Hardcore Lives" system isn't enabled​

I don't know if you should do this cause Iskandar wants it the way he has it set but you can enable HQM hardcore by entering /hqm hardcore. Once you enter it right just log out and back in. Mine you the HQM doesn't have any extra lives from quest like other do. switching will do little good.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been working on my 2nd large turbine, was cruising through NEI, clicked on cyanite by accident and saw you could craft yellorium with sand to get it.

DERP! I waited like 16hrs of game play for a reactor to convert yellorium into enough cyanite to make my first large turbine

*shakes head in self pity*