[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind, by "does not work at all", DoomSquirter means "works in all ways except pulling things out".

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Keep in mind, by "does not work at all", DoomSquirter means "works in all ways except pulling things out".
what I mean is that they don't work with LIQUIDS _at all_. putting in, or taking out. neither will work since it doesn't see the seared ducts as liquid tanks (actually it sees it but can't use it). Even in 1.7.10 it's still the same. Now that Mdiyo isn't doing tinkers anymore, we'll see if maybe the other guy is going to fix that or if he needs to work with vswe to get it working.

Bbuilder07

Jul 29, 2019
Take a chill pill.

It can only be downloaded from the FTB launcher under the tab to the right of the default tab labeled 3rd party modpacks.
Yes I found it there but I can't download it because FTB doesn't recognize my account...

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I found it there but I can't download it because FTB doesn't recognize my account...
Unless you are using a cracked account/client, FTB shouldn't have any issues with your account unless you input your credentials wrong, as minecraft's authentication process isn't changed.

Incase the latter is your issue:
Find the drop down box at the bottom of the FTB launcher.
Click it and select your login profile
Click the "Edit" Button to the left of the drop down.
Clear out all details, then reenter them.
Click "Update".

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
What is it with this pack and mobs attacking through corners? Does one of the mods do that on purpose? Is it configurable?

Also, TiCo development for 1.6.4 is abandoned, right? We're stuck with TiCo arrow duping?

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
What is it with this pack and mobs attacking through corners? Does one of the mods do that on purpose? Is it configurable?
Minecraft bug. There's a mod in the pack that makes giant zombies/skeletons/etc. Due to their long arms they can reach through corners. Nothing to really help it as it's a vanilla mechanic causing it

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
what I mean is that they don't work with LIQUIDS _at all_. putting in, or taking out. neither will work since it doesn't see the seared ducts as liquid tanks (actually it sees it but can't use it). Even in 1.7.10 it's still the same. Now that Mdiyo isn't doing tinkers anymore, we'll see if maybe the other guy is going to fix that or if he needs to work with vswe to get it working.
Inputting liquids and liquid conditions absolutely do work. You need to specify the correct side (the one with the round hole).

Kochean

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had success in using Steve's Factory Manager to manage the pressure in pneumaticraft systems?

If so is there any good setups i can see? I'm having trouble with it.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Arial interface worked fine for me in the 1.1.2 version of the pack, but I haven't checked 1.1.2.1 yet. Is it running an updated version of PneumaticCraft?

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Inputting liquids and liquid conditions absolutely do work. You need to specify the correct side (the one with the round hole).
Directly attached or ? That's the key. I found SFM is finicky if you say connect directly to where it's supposed to go or next to it and do a side connect that's not on the connection it's connected to. sorry, brain is fried and waking up. I guess I'll have to test that again and see if it's sneaky that doesn't work for inputting liquids. I was concentrating on taking out not putting in, so that might be why I'm under the wrong impression.

But to be fair, without the ability to take out, it lost it's mojo on me since that was the real reason I wanted to use it in the first place for liquids. Putting in really didn't offer much. And with the deep tank which doesn't create alloys, it became alot more simpler to just use that and port all liquids into it from high oven with tripling, etc...

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had success in using Steve's Factory Manager to manage the pressure in pneumaticraft systems?

If so is there any good setups i can see? I'm having trouble with it.

Here is the Landstryder video in which he sets up SFM automation for his pressure levels ;)

lagrd2

Jul 29, 2019
Just adding my 2 cents here (I wasn't able to find this in a search of this forum). I've been accruing large amounts of glass bottles while playing Crash Landing, and I've seen Youtubers experience the same thing. I found that during the creation of sandwiches (PB&J and others of the same class at least) I was shift clicking the sandwiches into my inventory. As I did so, I saw the number of glass bottles in my inventory according to the number of sandwiches I made. I am unaware of whether or not this issue is in direct correlation to shift clicking the sandwiches or not, but I figured this might be helpful!
Thanks for the great pack/map. I for one am really enjoying the gameplay and mechanics. +1 to the dev.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Just adding my 2 cents here (I wasn't able to find this in a search of this forum). I've been accruing large amounts of glass bottles while playing Crash Landing, and I've seen Youtubers experience the same thing. I found that during the creation of sandwiches (PB&J and others of the same class at least) I was shift clicking the sandwiches into my inventory. As I did so, I saw the number of glass bottles in my inventory according to the number of sandwiches I made. I am unaware of whether or not this issue is in direct correlation to shift clicking the sandwiches or not, but I figured this might be helpful!
Thanks for the great pack/map. I for one am really enjoying the gameplay and mechanics. +1 to the dev.
It's a pams harvestcraft feature or bug or whatever, not being fixed. Not a big deal anyway. By the time you are mass producing sandwiches, water shouldn't be an issue anymore anyway.

arthaiser

Jul 29, 2019
this is a good map, but a bad start and you are basically doomed, i have started 3 times by now, and i have to say, at the start you are basically expecting to have luck, if you dont have luck is time wasted on a world that is going to get deleted.

i will explain my experience, first time didnt know what to expect, at the start of the second day a lot of spiders fall from the ceiling as i was looking for bones and rotten flesh and kill me, fair enough. second attempt, this time i make better walls and start killing the spiders, basically i jump hit one and... a creeper explodes through the glass and kills me, nothing to blame on the map, that is a minecraft thing.

third attempt, aeverything was going perfect, lots of water and everything, but at the start of the third day a giant super spider, i have no tools to kill it because apart from having a ton of health he has a regeneration buff on itself. i manage to kill it i dont even know how, but then i look at my hunger and i am starving, also not tools, wasted my hammer and everything on that thing, almost not food left also. while i was killing that thing all the bones and rotten flesh of that day despawn on me and is almost night again, i manage to stay alive other night but as the sun rises my hunger depletes and i die before i can even leave the house.

now the third time i have to say, i was very upset which the map, i know that is survival, but basically i had not chance, im ok with making a challenging map, i have played minecraft for a lot of time and i like hard things, but one thing is hard and another thing is luck dependant, and this map is luck dependant.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
If it was just luck then even after you've played the map a dozen times you'd still need three or four attempts to get a "good" start. Yes, new players, even those experienced with modded mc are likely to need restarts, but once you are familiar with the map you can hit the ground running every time you choose to play.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

arthaiser

Jul 29, 2019
have you try that? i mean i suposse that you have a world of crash landing where you actually lived some time. why dont you try to have another one? i know that is just not luck, but i am pretty sure that anybody would have been ruined by that spider and that is not fairplay, is like encoutering and endgame boss at the middle of the first level of a game, all the durability of my hammer when into that thing and he was still at half its health.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
have you try that? i mean i suposse that you have a world of crash landing where you actually lived some time. why dont you try to have another one? i know that is just not luck, but i am pretty sure that anybody would have been ruined by that spider and that is not fairplay, is like encoutering and endgame boss at the middle of the first level of a game, all the durability of my hammer when into that thing and he was still at half its health.
I "try another one" on a regular basis. I'm a pretty dedicated hardcore gamer who gets bored if he has more than one life. I have worlds where I build Sync cells, but generally prefer to play without.... so yeah..... I've played through the early stages of a CL world MANY times.

BTW if you think spiders from the top of the ship are unfair, just wait till you meet a mini ghast bearing a creeper.....

BTW my early game defense against spiders is to block the ships entrance with a wedge of dust. In the morning I can then break the top block in the center...... give it a bit to see if a tall mob drops in.... then break out the bottom one. At that point I have a "safe" place to look up and kill spiders. It's not a fool proof strategy, but it may help you

OODOO
ODDDO
XOOOX

O=open space
D= two high stack of dust
X= Ships entrance

edit-corner to center..... brainfart

Reactions: loboca