[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Warplord

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just wondering if you will be updating to 1.7.10 soon? I think all the mods are ready? I guess ?
Just a question out of curiosity, no pressure or anything :D Pun not intended

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
have you try that? i mean i suposse that you have a world of crash landing where you actually lived some time. why dont you try to have another one? i know that is just not luck, but i am pretty sure that anybody would have been ruined by that spider and that is not fairplay, is like encoutering and endgame boss at the middle of the first level of a game, all the durability of my hammer when into that thing and he was still at half its health.

I'm mostly a peacefuly player (because I suck at the fighting thing amongst other reasons) but I managed to find a strategy that works for me. Maybe you just need to try until you come up with a strategy that works for you?

If the spiders are what is killing you, perhaps devise a strategy that lets you attack them and not them, you? Like, they seem to like hopping down on you from above. If you had a tree right by your entrance, the leaves provide a nice canopy when you leave your ship in the morning. The trunk can form one part of a wall so you can block off the area in back of you so no attacks from behind. This way, you can just concentrate on the enemies above and to the front. Assuming you have a wall to block the other side.

Spiders seem to like the top of trees. As long as you don't knock them off the tree, they seem to like coming at you from on top of the leaves. Punch out a leaf block. Say hi to the spider and proceed to splatter it from below with your gun/weapon of choice. All clear? Go on to harvest the rest of the trees and grow one more for tomorrow by the door.

And this seems to work for me but then again it might not work for you. So adjust at will and if it didn't work one way, try figuring out why didn't it work. Instead of saying, it's just luck. Cuz if it were just luck, I wouldn't be able to stay alive in this pack ;)

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
If you can afford/find a kinetic compressor, you can do something like the following:

5IcnIHw.png

The Setup:
There's a repeater(obscured from view by the furnace) facing into the block the leadstone energy cell is sitting on.
Both Kinetic Compressor and Leadstone energy cell are setup to output energy when the redstone signal is low
1 stack (of 64 items) + 47 more Items are in the furnace
The UV box is there just to show where the output is.

Result:
Outputs compressed air until a little over 4.5bars of pressure. From here, just power the Leadstone energy cell however you feel, without fear of an explosion from your PnCr setup.

A few notes here:
Parts are interchangable. That is the leadstone energy cell or conduit can be changed out to upgraded versions, same with the PneCr tubing, though the furnace items need to be tweaked if you upgrade the pressure guage

Last edited:

Bbuilder07

Jul 29, 2019
I wa
Unless you are using a cracked account/client, FTB shouldn't have any issues with your account unless you input your credentials wrong, as minecraft's authentication process isn't changed.

Incase the latter is your issue:
Find the drop down box at the bottom of the FTB launcher.
Click it and select your login profile
Click the "Edit" Button to the left of the drop down.
Clear out all details, then reenter them.
Click "Update".
I was locked out of my mc account and I went to go change the password at mojang.com because I switched it over a while ago. FTB wouldn't take my credentials.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I was locked out of my mc account and I went to go change the password at mojang.com because I switched it over a while ago. FTB wouldn't take my credentials.

Did you change the user name to your email if you made it a mojang account?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
If you can afford/find a kinetic compressor, you can do something like the following:

5IcnIHw.png

The Setup:
There's a repeater(obscured from view by the furnace) facing into the block the leadstone energy cell is sitting on.
Both Kinetic Compressor and Leadstone energy cell are setup to output energy when the redstone signal is low
1 stack (of 64 items) + 47 more Items are in the furnace
The UV box is there just to show where the output is.

Result:
Outputs compressed air until a little over 4.5bars of pressure. From here, just power the Leadstone energy cell however you feel, without fear of an explosion from your PnCr setup.

A few notes here:
Parts are interchangable. That is the leadstone energy cell or conduit can be changed out to upgraded versions, same with the PneCr tubing, though the furnace items need to be tweaked if you upgrade the pressure guage
Nice. so the comparator reads all those items in the furnace which is the pressure you want to keep? Ahhhhhhhhh I never knew that. I've done that with hoppers before but didn't know what to do here. Didn't realize you could put some stuff in a furnace to get same result. Wouldn't a chest also do that or not?

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Nice. so the comparator reads all those items in the furnace which is the pressure you want to keep? Ahhhhhhhhh I never knew that. I've done that with hoppers before but didn't know what to do here. Didn't realize you could put some stuff in a furnace to get same result. Wouldn't a chest also do that or not?
As long as the comparator can read the inventory (like with furnaces, hoppers, chests, droppers, dispensers, etc) the same mechanic can be used, but different amounts of inventory slots change the amount of items required to get a specific signal strength. For example:
Furnaces(2 inventory slots): roughly 14 items per signal strength, maxing at a signal strength of 10.
Hoppers(5 inventory slots): roughly 23 items per signal strength, maxing at 15.

The furnace sort of decide how much pressure should be in the system, yes. Essentially, the pressure gauge's comparator only outputs a signal when the pressure gauge is outputting a signal strength equal to or greater than the signal the comparator is receiving from the side(from the furance).

Last edited:

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
SReject, that's a nice vanilla-ish control system you have there. Personally, I use a PRC because they're low cost to build, compact to use, and infinitely controllable. Combined with rednet cables that have multiple channels it's just so powerful.

Bbuilder07

Jul 29, 2019
Did you change the user name to your email if you made it a mojang account?
No, my username is the same; my account is just managed by mojang now. Does FTB only search premium account servers? If so then it seems I'm out of luck. BTW, it is or was a premium account.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
SReject, that's a nice vanilla-ish control system you have there. Personally, I use a PRC because they're low cost to build, compact to use, and infinitely controllable. Combined with rednet cables that have multiple channels it's just so powerful.
To each their own. :) Personally, I don't see a reason to use convoluted methods if good ol' vanilla mechanics work with similar ease.

The hardest part of the above setup is the kinetic compressor though. Got lucky and found one on my first trip to a city. But others my not be so lucky, and there's probably other/better methods to control pressure achievable before a KC can be made

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
No, my username is the same; my account is just managed by mojang now. Does FTB only search premium account servers? If so then it seems I'm out of luck. BTW, it is or was a premium account.

If the account is a mojang account(aka migrated) you need to use your email to login. Your username has not changed because of this it is simply what occurs when an account is migrated. Please do try it and see if it works though.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just wondering if you will be updating to 1.7.10 soon? I think all the mods are ready? I guess ?
Just a question out of curiosity, no pressure or anything :D Pun not intended

We are currentley working on the end game for CL 1.6 should be done in another cpl vers then we will start looking at CL2 for 1.7. As to a time frame cant say Iskandar has been dealing with some health and personal problems which has slowed down the updates but last i heared ver 1.3 was nearly compleate so shouldnt be too much longer

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished a MFR tree farm to provide charcoal for power and leaves for water. I'm using SFM to manage it and also refill my camel packs via an armor stand. SFM really is OP, and it's just so much fun to see how far it can be pushed!

http://imgur.com/a/B0pIb#EsuF0al

My base is still a little unrefined. Still working on some of the Quality of Life improvements first.

To each their own. :) Personally, I don't see a reason to use convoluted methods if good ol' vanilla mechanics work with similar ease.

To each their own, fo' sho! I see redstone mechanics as unintuitive myself. I'm a software developer, and the PRC is definitely EZ mod for me. I definitely wasn't trying to say one way is better than the other, just presenting a different way of doing things. I've done my share of vanilla redstone trickery over the years and I enjoy using machines these days.

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
How do you folks do power distribution? Just run big RF cables places? Or have localised power for things?

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
anyone found a fix to the "Player not online" message from the aerial interface? I'm getting the same issue :'([DOUBLEPOST=1411796279][/DOUBLEPOST]
How do you folks do power distribution? Just run big RF cables places? Or have localised power for things?
Depends. For 'closed' systems such as my water-maker, and pulverizers for my auto-sieve, it's centralized. For my misc machines, I generally either run cables or use tesseracts

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
anyone found a fix to the "Player not online" message from the aerial interface? I'm getting the same issue :'([DOUBLEPOST=1411796279][/DOUBLEPOST]
Depends. For 'closed' systems such as my water-maker, and pulverizers for my auto-sieve, it's centralized. For my misc machines, I generally either run cables or use tesseracts

Me 2 for Aerial interface so mehh. Posted a bug report on his site.