[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Much understatement.
I really am absolutely amazed at how powerful this system is. I'm gong to push SFM to its absolute limits though.
I'm a true believer in SFM. :) that thing is awesome wrapped in a bacon cheeseburger :)

At some point I will most likely combine the multi-sieve with having SFM deal with all the combiners too as soon as I figure out how to get the rapid item valves to pound the stuff with norse mithril hammers of thor at the same time :) But seriously, yeah, you will tax your system so bad pushing it but it's one of those things that is worth it. If only you could copy/paste your configs to SFM and it would be a dream tho after I thought about it for a while, I don't see that being very useful in 1.6.4 but in 1.7 with no ID's I think it might be easier for him to do that.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
This is how it was pre 1.2. and It was more preferable (at least to me) cause you would have to lure mobs to you at night to get them in your trench instead of just hiding in your ship till morning.
Bah... don't need to make a trench anymore then. Too few mobs spawn now and they mostly just linger around doing nothing and it's just a waste of time looking in the trench for drops when most of the new drops out will be scattered around elsewhere. Two nights and no skelly bones to repair my mattok, dagger, and my pick is getting low as well.

Night time is mostly spent crafting and working inside the safty of the ship... not going out trying to get mobs to agro for little reward.

I think I liked it better the old way as it made night time truly dangerous. Even exploring the towns now at night don't have much of a threat.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
This happened to me too, even tho I've tried to place it in the 'open', unobstructed and chunk-loaded with Dim Anchor. Because i'm recording, I was doing random saves to spare me this particular bug, good thing :p
When I tested this extensively, we found it had to do with lag in the world due to whatever reason, an unloaded area near the sync shell, dying someplace not near that sync shell and entire area had to be loaded during that transition. I used chicken chunks and once I had a chunkloaded area, I couldn't do anything to die anymore. Each time I forced the situation to happen, I lived.

One last ditch thing you can do is to have a zans minimap marker stored in your base, and if you find yourself being suffocated, quickly teleport to that location. You will still be in limbo, but this is where you roll the dice. Save and relog and hopefully you will be back in your body. If not, you've corrupted world. It sucks. But again, in my testing (not on server) the chunk loader worked 100% of the time.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
This is how it was pre 1.2. and It was more preferable (at least to me) cause you would have to lure mobs to you at night to get them in your trench instead of just hiding in your ship till morning.
I think Iskandar should ship out 2 configs, for whatever needs it. Ship with standard configs in place, and rename / replace configs for better performance configs if you need it. I had a tiny 5 fps drop at night with mobs surrounding compound, but I can see that some people would have a worse experience. Too bad these things aren't configurable in game via a menu. In 1.7 I see these unused Mod Options that shows promise down the line.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah really if this is how the game is 'suppose' to be it just dumbed down the difficulty. I mean I'm now exploring the cities at night with out much worry. Mobs don't agro to light anymore, they don't detect your sound. It's default minecraft AI pretty much. Only thing I have to worry about are the speedy baby zombies and skelly snipes. Why have zombie awareness in the pack when it's not doing anything? Really I use to have glowstone nooks around my trench to lour mobs into it, but now they just wonder.

Even going out to try and pull some in once I'm out of LOS they stop and wonder again... really? REALLY?

I had no issue with the sworms. I loved it. It truly made night time a time to bunker down. It made every moment during the day vital. The rush to get set up on that first night is no longer there..

I no longer see a need to make a trench, or even make a compound outside. The trench just wastes time to collect what few mobs do drop, everything else is running around the vast put doors looking for the drops from the new mobs that didn't despawn from inactivity.

Ohh wow.. I have two creepers and a baby zombie in my trench.. ah well, everything I really need is scattered elsewhere... time to waste a good chunk of the day running around looking for it all.

hemBGvP.png

REALLY. Middle of the night, and THATS IT? That is my night right this very moment... Ooooo so scary!

I dunno.. this nerf just seems a bit extreme.

dtherrien

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah really if this is how the game is 'suppose' to be it just dumbed down the difficulty. I mean I'm now exploring the cities at night with out much worry. Mobs don't agro to light anymore, they don't detect your sound. It's default minecraft AI pretty much. Only thing I have to worry about are the speedy baby zombies and skelly snipes. Why have zombie awareness in the pack when it's not doing anything? Really I use to have glowstone nooks around my trench to lour mobs into it, but now they just wonder.

Even going out to try and pull some in once I'm out of LOS they stop and wonder again... really? REALLY?

I had no issue with the sworms. I loved it. It truly made night time a time to bunker down. It made every moment during the day vital. The rush to get set up on that first night is no longer there..

I no longer see a need to make a trench, or even make a compound outside. The trench just wastes time to collect what few mobs do drop, everything else is running around the vast put doors looking for the drops from the new mobs that didn't despawn from inactivity.

Ohh wow.. I have two creepers and a baby zombie in my trench.. ah well, everything I really need is scattered elsewhere... time to waste a good chunk of the day running around looking for it all.

hemBGvP.png

REALLY. Middle of the night, and THATS IT? That is my night right this very moment... Ooooo so scary!

I dunno.. this nerf just seems a bit extreme.

I actually really liked the nerf once I got used to it. (Complained on this thread when it was first introduced) Makes it more important to get a mob spawner up and running earlier or run the risk of a bonemeal shortage.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Limits found...was trying for a week straight and I'm finally convinced there's just no way to program SFM to put my kids to bed and make them go to sleep.... :)

You can do it with SFM as long as your modpack has ComputerCraft too for the external calls to the discipline bots.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Limits found...was trying for a week straight and I'm finally convinced there's just no way to program SFM to put my kids to bed and make them go to sleep.... :)
oh c'mon. no imagination.

variable set: kids
move all of KIDS to container bed (special move, move 1 unit, if cannot make move, apply diamond hammer, repeat).
Rapid item valve to beds - release kid into bed, repeat as necessary

alternative:
redstone emitter to set when kid != in bed, apply diamond hammer till kid == bed

:)

Seriously tho. SFM does have some limitations. The ones I can think of are mod interactions but that's about it. It is, by far, the mod that made the most wow factor in me while I discovered what it could do.

Reactions: cannajan

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
As far as a progress report goes...it's a sad day. Found me a reactor building and was preparing to begin looting as it was mostly cleared of hostiles when I suddenly heard kids screaming...quick pause game and go see wtf is going on. Investigation revealed 2 kids playing tug of war with the dog and dog winning big dragging them both across the bedroom floor. While extremely amusing and a good laugh was had by all, the smile was wiped from my face when I got back to game. Apparently instead of hitting esc to pause game I pressed "e" and got raped while I was distracted.

431 MC days in, hard route, no bed, no sync. While I do manually back-up in case of glitch issues, this death was my own fault so save was wiped, and restart will be required. Going to take a small break from CL and check out Running Red for a few days. I have zero experience with magic mods so I'm relatively sure I'll be back sooner rather than later. :)

Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

Reactions: ScottieC

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue. Sense this update I’m not getting the sworms of mobs I use to that come rushing your base.
Any help would be nice. I miss going deaf from the hords caught in my trench. ;(

This is all assuming you have a trench and a wall. At night, you could also just hit one zombie and the rest of the pack will follow. And if you have a murder hole (assuming you have a stone wall by this time or it might not be advisable), they'll keep on piling up. Add in a few conveyor belts to push along the others that aren't as bright as those zombies helps too. I really don't notice much of a difference since doing this - if I let them spawn at all that is.

MGSamuel

Jul 29, 2019
So I managed to build an AE+SFM system. Those fluid interface works perfectly with SFM. With two fluid interface you can manage all basic ores you get from sieving. I programmed so that molten ores goes into a basin every 1,284mb and auto-craft the block back into ores, then output into an ME interface. Also a program to emit redstone signal when any ore dust is in the high oven. And a very basic pulverizer+autopackager program. All in one manager.

Now I'm so sick with programming I may consider wait until 1.1.3:confused:

wraith2210

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing for about 2 hours and got to the tools of the trade quest but after i did that quest, nothing would smelt i couldn't claim quest rewards. i would just like to know why this happens and if i can, how i could fix it.

FlankyMcJo

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I've been following this pack an thread from the start but have stayed silent (never needed to say anything). But now I feel I must speak up. Well watching Hypnotized play this pack he was informed of a way to get infinite water early game, and well he did it an it worked!. Having followed this thread from start I know this way to get infinite water should not be, so I politely informed him of this. This is my reply and I quote: " if the mod pack author didn't like this functionality he shouldn't have included the mod. The mod doesn't have an option to change it. You might call it cheating, but it IS the way the mod was writtern." This shows to me he is more than happy to show how to exploit this map and ruin the ways it's meant to be played. Despite the fact I don't want it I gotta say 1.7 is now needed. Thought I'd just let you know, keep up the good work guys.

Reactions: ScottieC

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Hey guys I've been following this pack an thread from the start but have stayed silent (never needed to say anything). But now I feel I must speak up. Well watching Hypnotized play this pack he was informed of a way to get infinite water early game, and well he did it an it worked!. Having followed this thread from start I know this way to get infinite water should not be, so I politely informed him of this. This is my reply and I quote: " if the mod pack author didn't like this functionality he shouldn't have included the mod. The mod doesn't have an option to change it. You might call it cheating, but it IS the way the mod was writtern." This shows to me he is more than happy to show how to exploit this map and ruin the ways it's meant to be played. Despite the fact I don't want it I gotta say 1.7 is now needed. Thought I'd just let you know, keep up the good work guys.

The ways to exploit free water are fairly commonly known and have even been said in the thread multiple times and have been in several youtube LPs. People will find ways to "cheat" if they so desire but that effects no one else. The water glitch is hardly a reason to move on. They could just as well give themselves an aqueous accumulator and it not be any different in reality.