[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

protomat

Jul 29, 2019
You have to unban yourself, and delete your player data on the server (can't remember exact location/name, but check players/NAMEOFPLAYER.dat and delete it). Once you do that you'll be able to connect like a new player.
thanks that worked

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, what? I tested that myself. SFM sees Tinker's tanks (the drain is what makes the tank accessible, remember) and can even input into them as well as detect (liquid condition), but cannot pull from them for some reason. It also cannot detect items in casting basins or pull from them, even though it can put items in. The basin interactions are fixed in 1.7.10, but smeltery drain interactions are not.

SFM can't pull from basins? Interesting, since it pulls just fine from casting tables.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Wait, what? I tested that myself. SFM sees Tinker's tanks (the drain is what makes the tank accessible, remember) and can even input into them as well as detect (liquid condition), but cannot pull from them for some reason. It also cannot detect items in casting basins or pull from them, even though it can put items in. The basin interactions are fixed in 1.7.10, but smeltery drain interactions are not.
It sees it (drain) as a tank but does not interact with it, thus it does not work. thus, my statement is still correct. And I know for a fact that it can pull items out and put items into basins and tables. that works just fine. In fact, it can push/pull liquids in/out as well on it's own.

The one nice thing about SFM and tinkers is that you can very accurately say put 144mb of liquid into a casting table to make a specific type of ingot or put 72 of gold and 72 of silver and make a perfect alloy (i.e. into a secondary smeltery for alloys, etc...). I had setup a pretty convoluted setup where all liquids would get exported into a row of drums. Push a button and a specific amount of liquid would go out and enter another smeltery which is auto setup to make ingots which would then make the end result. It was way too unwieldy to offer any benefit to use tho.

SFM is the only thing that i've seen thus far that allows you such fine tuned control over the liquid handling.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Halp it says invalid structure

Not sure why. It worked when it was smaller (shorter). Is it too long or the glass doesnt work?
View attachment 12929
destroy and rebuild the controller. If still having issues, destroy/rebuild the bottom layer (the middle one is the most important). iirc, the deep tank's middle bottom block is the pivot point that maintains whether to keep fluids, etc... I've rebuilt the things dozens of times because of that derp. For example, you setup with the blue stained glass from cities and it won't form, you replace the glass with clear glass, etc.. still won't form. Destroying the bottom layer for sure resets that pointer.

This is one of the most annoying things about steelworks. that tank. It shows how to make it in book, you follow it's instructions/pictures to the letter? Won't form. Seared tanks won't work. The only thing I've successfully used is either glass or clear glass (clear glass is better since you can pick it back up w/o silk touch).

O-120

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, just played on my "test" world a bit. Found out that you got like the inventory half full with water bottles if you complete the "begginning" of the first "chapter"! (yeah, i think i spelled something wrong)

Attachments

• 2014-09-17_20.58.19.png
    2014-09-17_20.58.19.png
    287.7 KB · Views: 114

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
destroy and rebuild the controller. If still having issues, destroy/rebuild the bottom layer (the middle one is the most important). iirc, the deep tank's middle bottom block is the pivot point that maintains whether to keep fluids, etc... I've rebuilt the things dozens of times because of that derp. For example, you setup with the blue stained glass from cities and it won't form, you replace the glass with clear glass, etc.. still won't form. Destroying the bottom layer for sure resets that pointer.

This is one of the most annoying things about steelworks. that tank. It shows how to make it in book, you follow it's instructions/pictures to the letter? Won't form. Seared tanks won't work. The only thing I've successfully used is either glass or clear glass (clear glass is better since you can pick it back up w/o silk touch).

Such a pain in the butt

Edit: Wait wait, STAINED GLASS FROM CITIES WONT WORK?

Edit 2: WTF? 400hp giant zombie? Is it a bug or legit o.0 (i dont rly play mods)

Last edited:

elenoire

Jul 29, 2019
so i manage to capture and cure a zombie villager, now i can solve world hunge

Attachments

• 2014-09-14_17.01.27.png
    2014-09-14_17.01.27.png
    433.7 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: loboca

EpicWhiteWolf

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly don't get the point of the Deep Tank. Why not just store your metal in bar/block form, where it's, you know, usable when you need it? Deep Tank seems like a REALLY unnecessary (but admittedly cool) addition when you can make a million chests out of the endless wood or, if you're feeling froggy, make a AE system...

I'm using it to store water and honestly i might just go with a bunch of drums for that but it just seemed like it'd be more convenient since it can have such a large storage capacity.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I'm using it to store water and honestly i might just go with a bunch of drums for that but it just seemed like it'd be more convenient since it can have such a large storage capacity.
Drums are just so much nicer and compact. I've tried everything, and I did the same thing you did. The other downside to the deep tank is the small amount of lag it causes. It's similar to the OB tanks in that it has to draw the liquid separations, etc.. from a view distance, etc. I found one way around that is to bury the tank underground and use elevators to access the bottom section.

Especially now with the difficulty of making bricks for tinkers in general, it's easier to come up with iron for tanks atm. Also, it's quite easy to setup fluid storage busses on a group of drums if you don't want to make the extracells fluid storage cells. Works pretty well once you have AE setup, then you can use tesseracts to move liquids around wherever you want (even before AE).

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Well he's changed his website now so there's no changelog to verify this, but last I checked he did a re-write for the 1.7 version of EIO that was basically a complete overhaul of how he managed the machines. The old process he'd used since he started coding had a tendency to cause massive amounts of chunk updates which would cripple fps and tps. If there was a 1.6.4 version made with that re-write in mind then there should be no worries. I was out of MC for a few months so it's certainly possible.

I'm not looking to warn people about something. Don't take my warning as an attack or some such. I'm very open about warning people of the dangers of all the ducts/conduits(Not just item) because they all share a common issue. FYI it has nothing to do with TE for the most part it's the integration of FMP which allows the multi-heads in a single block that causes them to break and corrupt. Any other mod that uses FMP in that same manner will corrupt/break the same way.

Awesome thanks for the tech explanation about ducts, I always have a hard time explaining it. As for the Ender IO yea right after he did the rework to update to 1.7.x they went back over the 1.6.4 code and did a total rework to fix the network issues and some other major lag causing bits of code got completely reworked. I wish he would have an archive of the changelog as well so I could refer to it :/

Reactions: Hoff

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Seems I lost my world due to my own fault of using the /hqm enable instead of /hqm quest. I died, game couldn't send me back to my sync, and lost all my lives.
Could I suggest that some form of map backup mod is installed, such as AromaBackup that ArgSkies uses? Starting afresh isn't too bad when just starting out, but when you've made some progress, it's very disheartening to loose everything. I'd basically got as far as possible without raiding cities.

In memory of my mistake, and my world:
(may not seem like much, but a lot of pain and grief was involved in this)
2014-09-16_21.26.09.jpg

Reactions: ScottieC

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Seems I lost my world due to my own fault of using the /hqm enable instead of /hqm quest. I died, game couldn't send me back to my sync, and lost all my lives.
Could I suggest that some form of map backup mod is installed, such as AromaBackup that ArgSkies uses? Starting afresh isn't too bad when just starting out, but when you've made some progress, it's very disheartening to loose everything. I'd basically got as far as possible without raiding cities.

In memory of my mistake, and my world:
(may not seem like much, but a lot of pain and grief was involved in this)
2014-09-16_21.26.09.jpg
Many players do install aroma backup. I for one am not sure it should be included in the default package as it encourages people to bypass hardcore functionality. It becomes awful tempting to switch to a backup after even the most legit of deaths.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Many players do install aroma backup. I for one am not sure it should be included in the default package as it encourages people to bypass hardcore functionality. It becomes awful tempting to switch to a backup after even the most legit of deaths.
True in a sense, but there reaches a point in the game play where you've invested a lot, to loose all your progress. I'm setting it to 1 hour backups. If I had that, then my world would have been saved, as I died about 10 minutes into todays play session.
I'm not the fastest of players (and I admit I give myself extra rations at the start, I just can't survive no matter how fast I go at the start) so what I've achieved is a lot of effort, especially since I also do play with mobgriefing on. The explosions are something you have to deal with and a big part of the challenge, although sometimes the explosions get excessively out of hand (in those situations, I go creative just to fix the damage).

I think I'll have a short break, but there are a few things I want to tweak, disable some of the creeper types and lower their spawn chance if possible.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I need to stop watching Etho's playthrough; it's like the train wreck you just can't turn away from. "Oh, I'll pick the heart canister for a reward, those are really good!" I'm thinking, hey, he actually made a good decision! "OK, I'll just throw the heart canister in a chest!" Me: "WTF?"

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I need to stop watching Etho's playthrough; it's like the train wreck you just can't turn away from. "Oh, I'll pick the heart canister for a reward, those are really good!" I'm thinking, hey, he actually made a good decision! "OK, I'll just throw the heart canister in a chest!" Me: "WTF?"
I just watched that episode as well and had the same response. I'm pretty sure he's familiar with them from crackpack so he should know better....

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the game just works better with Aroma. Nintendo Hard where the penalty for mistakes is losing all the progress is fake difficulty, and dead* for a good reason. Hardocore mode here is a necessity for this map because Minecraft does not have saves in the traditional sense and the only penalty for dying it has other than "game over" is that your items are where you died, putting a cap on how much effort can be expected from the player to prevent death.

AromaBackup should be part of the default experience. Players should be informed and instructed to reload after they died (with backup interval extended to a couple hours) as long as they've survived the first 5 days or so.

* except in Rougelikes, but it's there in Rougelikes because they are a variety of randomly generated experiences, not beating a static set of challenges on an unchanging map.

EpicWhiteWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Drums are just so much nicer and compact. I've tried everything, and I did the same thing you did. The other downside to the deep tank is the small amount of lag it causes. It's similar to the OB tanks in that it has to draw the liquid separations, etc.. from a view distance, etc. I found one way around that is to bury the tank underground and use elevators to access the bottom section.

Especially now with the difficulty of making bricks for tinkers in general, it's easier to come up with iron for tanks atm. Also, it's quite easy to setup fluid storage busses on a group of drums if you don't want to make the extracells fluid storage cells. Works pretty well once you have AE setup, then you can use tesseracts to move liquids around wherever you want (even before AE).

Actually there are some pretty easy ways to get seared stone/bricks. you can turn cobble into seared cobble by pouring 72 mB of seared stone onto it and in turn you can smelt the seared cobble into 144 mB you can also turn cobble straight into seared stone with the high oven smelter im not sure how much you get though.

Reactions: Tylor